So I am trying to figure out where to go on our Honeymoon. Our Travel Agent suggested the Excellance in Punta Cana Dominican Republic. She said this was a 5 star resort, which from the hotel website it looks incredible. The price she gave a really good too. Last november we stoped at St. Thomas from our cruise ship. We had the best time there. The night life was great and Megan's Bay was amazing. I was thinking that we should go back there for our Honeymoon, because we had a great time and there was so much to do, we wouldnt have to stay in our hotel the entire time. I don't know much about the Domincan Republic but so I need some advice. I love shoping and I don't want to be stuck inside a resort for 6 days either. We're insterested in getting out and site seeing/snorkleing. Is it safe to do that in the DR? This is where I need some help. Any advice would be good. I want to make an educated decision.
Dominican Republic or St Thomas
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Antigua or St Martin
- 2 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 3 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 4 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 5 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 6 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 7 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 8 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 9 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 10 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 11 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 12 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 13 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 14 Get info about weather.
- 15 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Logistics of getting to Anguilla
- 18 Anyone stay in an apartment on Bermuda?
- 19 Water/beach conditions in Barbados
- 20 Yet Another Person Needing Help Deciding Which Island
- 21 June Honeymoon Help, Please
- 22 LIAT Air
- 23 What's going on in Bimini ?
- 24 Beach front Caribbean Villa for New Year's
- 25 Need help again!!