I am looking to go someplace warm the first week in February, and I'm considering the Dominican Republic. I'm not necessarily against the idea of staying at an AI. However, I don't want to be isolated at one, either. I want to be able to go into town, hit the bars and restaurants, after a day in the ocean and pool. I want to feel like I'm in a foreign (as opposed to, say, a place like Cancun). Are there any areas in the Dominican Republic that would fit that bill? My budget is somewhat limited, more three star than five star. Other Caribbean islands are too expensive. I've been to Mexico several times in recent years (Puerto Vallarta, Playa Del Carmen) and would like to experience someplace else.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 2 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 3 PR or USVI
- 4 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 5 Caribbeanvilla.com - DO NOT book through this site
- 6 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 7 Which Caribbean island?
- 8 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 9 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 10 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 11 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 12 5 days in Havana
- 13 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 14 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 15 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 16 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 17 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 18 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 19 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 20 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 21 Scrub Island Resort
- 22 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 23 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 24 Wedding Destinations???
- 25 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton