I am looking to go someplace warm the first week in February, and I'm considering the Dominican Republic. I'm not necessarily against the idea of staying at an AI. However, I don't want to be isolated at one, either. I want to be able to go into town, hit the bars and restaurants, after a day in the ocean and pool. I want to feel like I'm in a foreign (as opposed to, say, a place like Cancun). Are there any areas in the Dominican Republic that would fit that bill? My budget is somewhat limited, more three star than five star. Other Caribbean islands are too expensive. I've been to Mexico several times in recent years (Puerto Vallarta, Playa Del Carmen) and would like to experience someplace else.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementoffers.org/alpha-prime-elite/
- 2 Turks and caicos
- 3 Turks and caicos
- 4 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 5 Honeymoon Help!!
- 6 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 7 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 8 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 9 Bermuda
- 10 Restaurant Suggestions
- 11 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 12 Aruba weather
- 13 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 14 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 15 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 16 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 17 Taxi info. Self touring
- 18 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 19 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 20 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 21 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 22 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 23 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 24 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 25 Tips for Foodie Adventurers in Puerto Rico