I am looking to go someplace warm the first week in February, and I'm considering the Dominican Republic. I'm not necessarily against the idea of staying at an AI. However, I don't want to be isolated at one, either. I want to be able to go into town, hit the bars and restaurants, after a day in the ocean and pool. I want to feel like I'm in a foreign (as opposed to, say, a place like Cancun). Are there any areas in the Dominican Republic that would fit that bill? My budget is somewhat limited, more three star than five star. Other Caribbean islands are too expensive. I've been to Mexico several times in recent years (Puerto Vallarta, Playa Del Carmen) and would like to experience someplace else.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Month travel ideas
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Cuba weather in March
- 4 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 5 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 6 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 7 aruba planning advice
- 8 Move to grand cayman
- 9 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 10 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 11 Malaria Punta Cana
- 12 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 13 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 14 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 15 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 16 New Destination
- 17 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 18 Bahamas help
- 19 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 20 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 21 Vacation suggestion, please
- 22 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 23 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 24 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 25 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba