I am looking to go someplace warm the first week in February, and I'm considering the Dominican Republic. I'm not necessarily against the idea of staying at an AI. However, I don't want to be isolated at one, either. I want to be able to go into town, hit the bars and restaurants, after a day in the ocean and pool. I want to feel like I'm in a foreign (as opposed to, say, a place like Cancun). Are there any areas in the Dominican Republic that would fit that bill? My budget is somewhat limited, more three star than five star. Other Caribbean islands are too expensive. I've been to Mexico several times in recent years (Puerto Vallarta, Playa Del Carmen) and would like to experience someplace else.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 2 Best weather/where to travel early November?!
- 3 No Mold - Family Friendly Place to Stay?
- 4 Girls' trip, after Anguilla
- 5 Grace Bay-where to stay
- 6 what island to go to Feb 2018)
- 7 Hiking in St. John
- 8 Reefs vs Fairmont Southampton?
- 9 Where to go - March/April 2018?
- 10 Honeymoon in October/November! Help!
- 11 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 12 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 13 Upcoming Cuba trip- 12 days
- 14 Changes to travel US-Cuba
- 15 Where in DR?
- 16 Honeymoon
- 17 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 18 Curacao times 2
- 19 Help us choose a caribbean location!
- 20 Barbados
- 21 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 22 Young Couple Looking for a beach/villa/nightlife
- 23 Help with August trip ideas
- 24 Airport transfer PUJ
- 25 We may not be going to Cuba after all