I am looking to go someplace warm the first week in February, and I'm considering the Dominican Republic. I'm not necessarily against the idea of staying at an AI. However, I don't want to be isolated at one, either. I want to be able to go into town, hit the bars and restaurants, after a day in the ocean and pool. I want to feel like I'm in a foreign (as opposed to, say, a place like Cancun). Are there any areas in the Dominican Republic that would fit that bill? My budget is somewhat limited, more three star than five star. Other Caribbean islands are too expensive. I've been to Mexico several times in recent years (Puerto Vallarta, Playa Del Carmen) and would like to experience someplace else.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Help choosing next vacation??
- 2 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 3 First time visitors
- 4 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 5 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 6 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 7 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 8 Ideal wedding island
- 9 Help with small wedding location
- 10 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 11 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 12 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 13 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 14 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 15 St. Croix
- 16 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 17 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 18 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 19 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 20 Island Hopping
- 21 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 22 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Havana restaurants
- 25 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion