We went to Dominica a couple of years ago. It was wonderful if you are an adventurous ecotourist. It is still quite untouched with lush rainforests, hot and cold running waterfalls and beautiful reefs, but takes some ingenuity to get around. We spent several glorious nights in the rainforest at Papaillot - very primitive, but a wonderful experience! Then we moved to the coast in order to do some diving. Be sure to visit the Caribe Indian reservation too. There is actually a lot to see and do if you are, as I mentioned, adventurous and self-sufficient and don't expect Club Med amenities!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Volcanoes, Rainforest, and Beaches
- 2 Anguilla or Turks & Caicos?
- 3 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 4 Saint John retirement
- 5 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 6 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 7 Cuba by car
- 8 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 9 20th anniversary
- 10 The great advantages including with the use
- 11 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 12 cheap living & travelling in Dominican Republic
- 13 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 14 Sunny Beach Weather in February
- 15 Safe for Family
- 16 Christmas destination
- 17 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 18 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 19 USVI St John trip with kids and Westin St John stay
- 20 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 21 Honeymoon Destination
- 22 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 23 shore excursions
- 24 just be careful
- 25 Restaurants in Aruba