We went to Dominica a couple of years ago. It was wonderful if you are an adventurous ecotourist. It is still quite untouched with lush rainforests, hot and cold running waterfalls and beautiful reefs, but takes some ingenuity to get around. We spent several glorious nights in the rainforest at Papaillot - very primitive, but a wonderful experience! Then we moved to the coast in order to do some diving. Be sure to visit the Caribe Indian reservation too. There is actually a lot to see and do if you are, as I mentioned, adventurous and self-sufficient and don't expect Club Med amenities!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 2 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 3 Cienfugas and Santiago--tours??
- 4 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 5 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 6 Tortola next week
- 7 Summer trip
- 8 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 9 DR vs. Mexico
- 10 Surf Fly Fishing
- 11 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 12 Family of 5 undecided island
- 13 Christmas 2017
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 16 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 17 All inclusive
- 18 BVI trip questions
- 19 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 20 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 21 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 22 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 23 family resort ideas?
- 24 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 25 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR