We went to Dominica a couple of years ago. It was wonderful if you are an adventurous ecotourist. It is still quite untouched with lush rainforests, hot and cold running waterfalls and beautiful reefs, but takes some ingenuity to get around. We spent several glorious nights in the rainforest at Papaillot - very primitive, but a wonderful experience! Then we moved to the coast in order to do some diving. Be sure to visit the Caribe Indian reservation too. There is actually a lot to see and do if you are, as I mentioned, adventurous and self-sufficient and don't expect Club Med amenities!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 2 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 3 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 4 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 5 Anguilla. House to rent or swap Jan or Fec 2018
- 6 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 7 Cuba for 6 days
- 8 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 9 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 10 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 11 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 12 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 13 Honeymoon Help!!
- 14 when to visit barbados
- 15 Barbados Beaches
- 16 Punta Cana
- 17 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 18 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 19 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 20 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 21 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 22 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations
- 24 Trouble booking hotels!
- 25 Tropical Island Trip HELP