We went to Dominica a couple of years ago. It was wonderful if you are an adventurous ecotourist. It is still quite untouched with lush rainforests, hot and cold running waterfalls and beautiful reefs, but takes some ingenuity to get around. We spent several glorious nights in the rainforest at Papaillot - very primitive, but a wonderful experience! Then we moved to the coast in order to do some diving. Be sure to visit the Caribe Indian reservation too. There is actually a lot to see and do if you are, as I mentioned, adventurous and self-sufficient and don't expect Club Med amenities!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 2 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 3 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 4 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 5 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 6 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 7 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 8 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 9 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 10 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 11 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 12 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 13 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 14 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 15 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 18 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 19 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 20 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 21 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 22 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 23 Which island?
- 24 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 25 A week in TCI, and some questions