We went to Dominica a couple of years ago. It was wonderful if you are an adventurous ecotourist. It is still quite untouched with lush rainforests, hot and cold running waterfalls and beautiful reefs, but takes some ingenuity to get around. We spent several glorious nights in the rainforest at Papaillot - very primitive, but a wonderful experience! Then we moved to the coast in order to do some diving. Be sure to visit the Caribe Indian reservation too. There is actually a lot to see and do if you are, as I mentioned, adventurous and self-sufficient and don't expect Club Med amenities!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 2 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 3 Cuba
- 4 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 5 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 6 Conference in Cuba in February
- 7 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 8 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 9 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 10 Help me to pick an island
- 11 Small boat excursion
- 12 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 13 Overwhelmed....
- 14 Can you tell me where?
- 15 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 16 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 17 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 18 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 19 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 20 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 21 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 22 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 23 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 24 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 25 Help picking an island!!!!