We went to Dominica a couple of years ago. It was wonderful if you are an adventurous ecotourist. It is still quite untouched with lush rainforests, hot and cold running waterfalls and beautiful reefs, but takes some ingenuity to get around. We spent several glorious nights in the rainforest at Papaillot - very primitive, but a wonderful experience! Then we moved to the coast in order to do some diving. Be sure to visit the Caribe Indian reservation too. There is actually a lot to see and do if you are, as I mentioned, adventurous and self-sufficient and don't expect Club Med amenities!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Safest Islands for Us?
- 2 Bermuda in February or March
- 3 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 4 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 5 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 6 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 7 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 8 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 9 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 10 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 11 Narrowing it down
- 12 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 13 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 14 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 15 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 16 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 17 Destination Wedding
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Help us plan a laid back honeymoon
- 20 by ship from puerto rico to the AVI or BVI
- 21 barbados vs. Bonaire
- 22 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 23 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 24 Proof of return to board a flight to jamaica.
- 25 mid December 2016 trip for 2