Wife and I are planning a last minute trip to Barbados, and could use some advice on the following:
- Best beaches - knowing there will be cruisers in port - we much prefer beaches there are more deserted
- Best local food. We love roti, goat water, johnny cakes etc, and would much prefer to eat local than a fancy restaurant serving steaks from the States.
- Best watering hole. Dive bars, local "establishments" of sorts.
- Good live music. We are well beyond our clubbing days, but a good reggae band playing at dusk while downing rum and cokes would be nice....
- Must do's?
Thanks and will provide full trip report upon our return!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 2 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 3 PR or USVI
- 4 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 5 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 6 Which Caribbean island?
- 7 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 8 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 9 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 10 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 11 5 days in Havana
- 12 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 13 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 16 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 17 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 18 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 19 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 20 Scrub Island Resort
- 21 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 22 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 23 Wedding Destinations???
- 24 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 25 Down to two in January have we got it right