Wife and I are planning a last minute trip to Barbados, and could use some advice on the following:
- Best beaches - knowing there will be cruisers in port - we much prefer beaches there are more deserted
- Best local food. We love roti, goat water, johnny cakes etc, and would much prefer to eat local than a fancy restaurant serving steaks from the States.
- Best watering hole. Dive bars, local "establishments" of sorts.
- Good live music. We are well beyond our clubbing days, but a good reggae band playing at dusk while downing rum and cokes would be nice....
- Must do's?
Thanks and will provide full trip report upon our return!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 First time visitors
- 2 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 3 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 4 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 5 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 6 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 7 Ideal wedding island
- 8 Help with small wedding location
- 9 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 10 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 11 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 12 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 13 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 14 St. Croix
- 15 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 16 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 17 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 18 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 19 Island Hopping
- 20 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 21 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Havana restaurants
- 24 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 25 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort