Looks like that my wife and I are set on Anguilla as our next destination, with a 2 day stay at St. Martin. We are staying in a cottage in the West End.
Any advice on the following would be much appreciated:
1) A place to stay in St. Martin, where we will be centrally located, close to the beach and restaurants, so that we do not have to rent a car.
2) Which ferry service to Anguilla would you recommend?
3) Restaurants and watering holes in both Anguilla and St. Martin. We love dive bars, local food, and not necessarily so with the most fancy (which we could get in abundance in NYC). Fish fry, Johnny Cakes, Roti, Goat Water, local fish cooked fresh, conch fritters.....we love that kind of stuff.
4) Your favorite beach in Anguilla. Our last stop was Grace Bay in TCI, we are aiming high! We love coves with still water that are less traveled. Solitude much cherished.
5) Places where you might be able to get fresh catch right off the dock.
6) Some place with live music, reggae especially.
7) What are the must do's in terms of sightseeing? Side trips perhaps?
Any other suggestions also appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Saint John retirement
- 2 just be careful
- 3 20th anniversary
- 4 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 5 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 6 Christmas destination
- 7 shore excursions
- 8 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 9 cheap living & travelling in Dominican Republic
- 10 Volcanoes, Rainforest, and Beaches
- 11 Anguilla or Turks & Caicos?
- 12 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 13 Cuba by car
- 14 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 15 The great advantages including with the use
- 16 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 17 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 18 Sunny Beach Weather in February
- 19 Safe for Family
- 20 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 21 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 22 USVI St John trip with kids and Westin St John stay
- 23 Honeymoon Destination
- 24 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 25 Restaurants in Aruba