Looks like that my wife and I are set on Anguilla as our next destination, with a 2 day stay at St. Martin. We are staying in a cottage in the West End.
Any advice on the following would be much appreciated:
1) A place to stay in St. Martin, where we will be centrally located, close to the beach and restaurants, so that we do not have to rent a car.
2) Which ferry service to Anguilla would you recommend?
3) Restaurants and watering holes in both Anguilla and St. Martin. We love dive bars, local food, and not necessarily so with the most fancy (which we could get in abundance in NYC). Fish fry, Johnny Cakes, Roti, Goat Water, local fish cooked fresh, conch fritters.....we love that kind of stuff.
4) Your favorite beach in Anguilla. Our last stop was Grace Bay in TCI, we are aiming high! We love coves with still water that are less traveled. Solitude much cherished.
5) Places where you might be able to get fresh catch right off the dock.
6) Some place with live music, reggae especially.
7) What are the must do's in terms of sightseeing? Side trips perhaps?
Any other suggestions also appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Deep sea fishing & snorkeling
- 2 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 3 Evening temperatures
- 4 7 Adults and a 51/2 month old
- 5 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 6 Cuba in November
- 7 Choosing Between a Rental on Nassau or Eleuethera
- 8 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 9 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 10 overwhelmed by the Bahamas!
- 11 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 12 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 13 50th Birthday with Family
- 14 Birthday Celebration
- 15 DR - All inclusive
- 16 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 17 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 18 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 19 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 20 Late May Trip
- 21 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 22 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Cheers to Beers!
- 25 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G