My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 2 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 3 Vacation recommendations
- 4 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 5 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 6 BVI trip questions
- 7 Curaçao and girls?
- 8 Small Carribean Hotel
- 9 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 10 Punta Cana Excursions
- 11 customs questions
- 12 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 13 Nassau Bahamas
- 14 Biking in Caribbean
- 15 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 16 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 17 Help with how long on each island.
- 18 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 19 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 20 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 21 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 22 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 23 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 24 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 25 Hiking in St. John