My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba by car
- 2 Volcanoes, Rainforest, and Beaches
- 3 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 4 20th anniversary
- 5 The great advantages including with the use
- 6 Anguilla or Turks & Caicos?
- 7 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 8 cheap living & travelling in Dominican Republic
- 9 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 10 Sunny Beach Weather in February
- 11 Safe for Family
- 12 Christmas destination
- 13 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 14 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 15 USVI St John trip with kids and Westin St John stay
- 16 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 17 Honeymoon Destination
- 18 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 19 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 20 shore excursions
- 21 just be careful
- 22 Restaurants in Aruba
- 23 Snorkeling
- 24 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 25 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?