My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Airport transfer PUJ
- 2 Bahama's outer island
- 3 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 4 Trouble booking hotels!
- 5 Restaurant Recommendations
- 6 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 7 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 8 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 9 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 10 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 11 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 12 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 13 40 min layover in CLT
- 14 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 15 Atlantis 1 day
- 16 Atlantis on a budget
- 17 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 18 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 19 St. Barts
- 20 Buses in Aruba
- 21 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 22 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 23 Stingray City Tour
- 24 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 25 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)