My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 which island?
- 2 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 3 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 4 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 5 Help on choosing where to visit
- 6 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 7 40th birthday with friends
- 8 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 9 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 10 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 11 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 12 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 13 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 14 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 15 Cuba in November
- 16 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 17 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 18 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 19 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 20 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 21 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 22 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 23 Tennis in Aruba question
- 24 christmas in the caribbean
- 25 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016