My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St.Lucia newbie
- 2 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 3 Jerk Chicken
- 4 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 5 Cuba Cell Phones and Casa Tips
- 6 BVI trip questions
- 7 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 8 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 9 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 10 aruba fun!!!
- 11 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 12 Peterson
- 13 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 14 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 15 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 16 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 17 Turks and caicos
- 18 Aruba weather
- 19 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 20 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 21 Turks and caicos
- 22 Cruise stop activities
- 23 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 24 Jade Mountain
- 25 Honeymoon Help!!