My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 2 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 3 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 4 Conference in Cuba in February
- 5 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 6 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 7 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 8 Help me to pick an island
- 9 Small boat excursion
- 10 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 11 Overwhelmed....
- 12 Can you tell me where?
- 13 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 14 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 15 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 16 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 17 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 18 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 19 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 20 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 21 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 22 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 23 Help picking an island!!!!
- 24 Relaxing on Trinidad's Beaches
- 25 Rent a car on St John - need recommendations