My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 2 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 3 Bahamas help
- 4 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 5 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 6 Vacation suggestion, please
- 7 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 8 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 9 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 10 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 11 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 12 New Destination
- 13 aruba planning advice
- 14 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 15 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 16 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 17 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 18 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 19 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 20 Barbados Beaches
- 21 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 22 Peterson
- 23 Cuba weather in March
- 24 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 25 Woman, alone, islandhopping