My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Caribbean islands with kids in December
- 2 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 3 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 4 Choosing the Right Island
- 5 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 6 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 7 Hawaii or Caribbean?
- 8 Aruba help!
- 9 St Martin
- 10 Planning a three week trip
- 11 Last minute - solo, self-reflection, sun, serene
- 12 Casa Karma
- 13 Honeymoon - please help!
- 14 50 yo single women trip to Caribbean
- 15 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 16 Cuba
- 17 Negril, Jamaica resorts for young people
- 18 Cuba: February 2016
- 19 Cuba - Old Havana Travel Report
- 20 Cuba for Americans
- 21 Best restaurants in Bermuda
- 22 Rent a villa in Jamaica
- 23 Best Luxury Caribbean Resort
- 24 Where to live
- 25 Do Not Fly Cape Air to Virgin Gorda