My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Island with golf
- 2 West Coast US and Carribean
- 3 St. John--how much should we try to see?
- 4 The Club Barbados AI resort & Spa
- 5 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 6 Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015
- 7 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 8 Turks & Caicos ofr New Years
- 9 Resort Recommendations
- 10 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Tour Operator?
- 13 Travel Advice Needed
- 14 Puerto Plata
- 15 Puerto Plata- Hacienda Lifestyle resorts and villas
- 16 puerto plata town vs. sosua? need help.......
- 17 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 18 Quick Question: Why is Puerto Plata, DR so much cheaper than Punta Cana, DR
- 19 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 20 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 21 Transportation to Exuma
- 22 Nassau temp late Jan
- 23 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 24 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 25 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)