My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DR - All inclusive
- 2 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 3 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 4 Cuba in November
- 5 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 6 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 7 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 8 Late May Trip
- 9 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 10 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Cheers to Beers!
- 13 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 14 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 15 New Years Eve / St John
- 16 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 17 Island Choice
- 18 Aruba Car Rental
- 19 If we loved Cayman...
- 20 Harbor Island ?? Anyone
- 21 Caribbean Christmas with teenagers
- 22 For the bluest water and whitest sand?
- 23 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 24 HELP! St Croix or Cancun
- 25 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos