My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Barths Restaurant Recommendations
- 2 Boat Charter in BVI
- 3 How can I top LI and Eluthera?
- 4 Island with golf
- 5 Anniversary Trip Options
- 6 2 Days in Dominica
- 7 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 8 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 9 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 10 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 11 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 12 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico
- 13 Location for 40th birthday celebration with friends
- 14 St. Martin/St. Maarten
- 15 travelling to St kitt and nervis
- 16 45th Birthday Celebration-Help!
- 17 Choosing an island
- 18 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 19 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 20 Cabarete & Las Canas, DR: Where can I get info?
- 21 cabarete, dominican republic
- 22 First time Santo Domingo
- 23 20th anniversary
- 24 St. Bart's
- 25 Bahamas girls trip