My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 September Anniversary Trip to Turks & Caicos
- 2 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 3 Help with post tour stay Cuba
- 4 Turning 40 in the Caribbean
- 5 Timothy Beach or Oualie Beach? St.Kitts vs. Nevis
- 6 aruba planning advice
- 7 Destination Wedding- affordable
- 8 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 9 US Cash in Cuba
- 10 Dream 50th Anniversary
- 11 St. Croix or St. Thomas
- 12 Westin or Marriott in Grand Cayman?
- 13 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 14 Looking for island choice help
- 15 Help picking a resort
- 16 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 17 Butler room in Sandals Grande Riviera Ocho Rios
- 18 HELP! First-time vacationer to Caribbean in need expertise
- 19 Life in Turks and caicos (Provo)
- 20 Need Help picking the right WARM Caribbean Vacation
- 21 St Barths and Anguilla Trip Report (April 2016)
- 22 St Thomas Restaurant help
- 23 Destination Wedding
- 24 Has anyone used WIMCO Villas? Also general advice for our vacation
- 25 Somewhere else with a negril vibe?