My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Desperately need island choice advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 50+ where to dance?
- 2 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 3 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 4 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 5 dominican republic
- 6 Summer family vacation
- 7 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 8 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 9 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 10 St Martin
- 11 Florida or caribbean
- 12 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 13 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 14 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 15 Resort villa suggestions
- 16 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 17 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 18 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 19 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 20 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 21 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 22 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 23 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 24 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 25 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!