My wife and I were in St. Barth's for a week and returned on Saturday, February 23rd. That night she got sick with high fever and I started getting sick on Tuesday night. We went to our doctor because we thought it was the flu, but it turns out we both have Dengue Fever which is caught by Mosquito bites. We felt there were a lot of Mosquitos on the island, but they were just a nuisance. We never thought we would catch Dengue. Anyone else hear about this being a problem?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 The right adults-only resort
- 2 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 3 St John March, where to stay
- 4 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 5 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 6 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 7 Cupecoy Beach
- 8 Tips for bahamas
- 9 Vacation Ideas
- 10 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 11 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 12 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 13 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 14 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 15 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 16 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 17 walkable hotels
- 18 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 19 Back from San Juan
- 20 St Thomas
- 21 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 22 St Thomas need condo advice and trip plans
- 23 Grenada - Coyaba vs. Flamboyant
- 24 Aruba Restaurants
- 25 Aruba Restaraunts