My wife and I were in St. Barth's for a week and returned on Saturday, February 23rd. That night she got sick with high fever and I started getting sick on Tuesday night. We went to our doctor because we thought it was the flu, but it turns out we both have Dengue Fever which is caught by Mosquito bites. We felt there were a lot of Mosquitos on the island, but they were just a nuisance. We never thought we would catch Dengue. Anyone else hear about this being a problem?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?