My wife and I were in St. Barth's for a week and returned on Saturday, February 23rd. That night she got sick with high fever and I started getting sick on Tuesday night. We went to our doctor because we thought it was the flu, but it turns out we both have Dengue Fever which is caught by Mosquito bites. We felt there were a lot of Mosquitos on the island, but they were just a nuisance. We never thought we would catch Dengue. Anyone else hear about this being a problem?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 2 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 3 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 4 Cayman Islands in October
- 5 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 6 things to do in Nassau
- 7 Which Island?
- 8 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 9 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 10 St. John USVI
- 11 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 12 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 13 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 14 Best island for early to mid November
- 15 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 16 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 17 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 18 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 19 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 20 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 21 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 22 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 23 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 24 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?
- 25 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten