My wife and I were in St. Barth's for a week and returned on Saturday, February 23rd. That night she got sick with high fever and I started getting sick on Tuesday night. We went to our doctor because we thought it was the flu, but it turns out we both have Dengue Fever which is caught by Mosquito bites. We felt there were a lot of Mosquitos on the island, but they were just a nuisance. We never thought we would catch Dengue. Anyone else hear about this being a problem?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 2 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 3 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 4 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 5 just be careful
- 6 Restaurants in Aruba
- 7 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 8 Snorkeling
- 9 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 10 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 11 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 12 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 13 shore excursions
- 14 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 15 Bahamas girls trip
- 16 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 17 Safe for Family
- 18 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 19 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 20 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 21 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 22 Curacao vs Barbados
- 23 Honeymoon Destination
- 24 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 25 10 days in Cuba - HELP