Travelling to Martinique and then Guadeloupe in 2 days and am worried about Dengue and Chikungunya which, according to the CDC, are present on these islands. Does anyone have any first hand experience of this on these islands? Are there prevention efforts in placee? Besides DEET and covering every exposed part of the body are there any ways to avoid the bugs?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 2 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 3 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 4 Any suggestions??
- 5 Gustavia stay
- 6 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 7 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 8 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 9 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 10 My week in Guadeloupe
- 11 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 12 Which Island?
- 13 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 14 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 15 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 16 Freeport, Bahamas
- 17 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 18 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 19 Freeport Hotel
- 20 Nassau Bahamas and Cell Phone
- 21 Freeport Bahamas, general advice ?
- 22 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 23 First Time in the Caribbean...advise needed!
- 24 US Citizen Traveling to Cuba Independently Via Cancun
- 25 USVI entry/exit requirements