I do not understand how an American citizen can deal with the whole currency issue in Cuba. No one wants to carry 1 or 2 thousand in his or her luggage. Rather, we'd prefer to withdraw money from ATMs. Obviously, us Americans can't use ATMs in Cuba, but is there an alternative-for Americans-to physically bringing over large sums of cash to the island? Also, since ATMs around the world all directly work with Visa and Mastercard, and since American companies aren't allowed to do business in Cuba generally speaking, then how are tourists converting their money into Cuban currency? Are they all carrying large sums of cash with them? Even Europeans and Australians are using Visa and/or Mastercard for their ATM transactions. I mean, it's not like they can carry American Express checks. So, how do they do it?
Dealing with Currency in Cuba
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 3 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 4 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 5 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 6 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 7 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 8 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 9 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 10 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 11 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 14 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 15 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 16 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 17 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 18 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 19 Which island?
- 20 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 21 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 22 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 23 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 24 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 25 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan