My husband and I will be traveling to Anguilla in a few weeks and would like to explore another island as well. It's looking like a ferry to St. Martin/St. Maarten or St. Barthelemy are the easiest options.
We're interesting in just exploring a new area, some local culture when we get there, beautiful scenery, short hikes, and a nice place to have lunch. We'd also be interested in nice beaches or an excursion on the island. We're not big shoppers, but would wander the streets and window shop.
We do not speak French (if that's an issue for St. Barth?) and prefer not to spend an entire day elsewhere (thinking 8am-3pm give or take would be sufficient?).
Any suggestions on which island to go to, and also suggestions for how to get around once there? Any other details we need to know for such a day trip would be welcomed as well.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 2 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 3 Ideal wedding island
- 4 Help with small wedding location
- 5 email@example.com
- 6 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 7 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 8 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 9 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 10 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 11 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 12 St. Croix
- 13 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 14 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 15 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 16 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 17 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 18 Island Hopping
- 19 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 20 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 21 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Havana restaurants
- 24 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 25 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort