My husband and I will be traveling to Anguilla in a few weeks and would like to explore another island as well. It's looking like a ferry to St. Martin/St. Maarten or St. Barthelemy are the easiest options.
We're interesting in just exploring a new area, some local culture when we get there, beautiful scenery, short hikes, and a nice place to have lunch. We'd also be interested in nice beaches or an excursion on the island. We're not big shoppers, but would wander the streets and window shop.
We do not speak French (if that's an issue for St. Barth?) and prefer not to spend an entire day elsewhere (thinking 8am-3pm give or take would be sufficient?).
Any suggestions on which island to go to, and also suggestions for how to get around once there? Any other details we need to know for such a day trip would be welcomed as well.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 2 Dominican republic
- 3 Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 5 importing pets to sxm
- 6 Charter transfer boat from SXM to SBH?
- 7 St. Barts
- 8 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 9 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 10 PR or USVI
- 11 Which Caribbean island?
- 12 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 13 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 14 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 15 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 16 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 17 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 5 days in Havana
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 21 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 22 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 23 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 24 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 25 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary