My husband and I will be traveling to Anguilla in a few weeks and would like to explore another island as well. It's looking like a ferry to St. Martin/St. Maarten or St. Barthelemy are the easiest options.
We're interesting in just exploring a new area, some local culture when we get there, beautiful scenery, short hikes, and a nice place to have lunch. We'd also be interested in nice beaches or an excursion on the island. We're not big shoppers, but would wander the streets and window shop.
We do not speak French (if that's an issue for St. Barth?) and prefer not to spend an entire day elsewhere (thinking 8am-3pm give or take would be sufficient?).
Any suggestions on which island to go to, and also suggestions for how to get around once there? Any other details we need to know for such a day trip would be welcomed as well.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 2 Cuba Help
- 3 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 4 Cuba via cruise
- 5 Is everything open on elbow cay in early nov?
- 6 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 7 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 8 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 9 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 10 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 11 Living in the Caribbean
- 12 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 13 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 14 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 15 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 16 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 17 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 18 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 19 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 20 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 21 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 22 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 23 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 24 St. Croix
- 25 St Kitts & Irma