Just came back from Curacao....things have changed since I have been there 4 years ago. There is alot of property being brought up...especially in the prestigious Jan Thiel area...lot's of big beautiful houses perched on top of hills and mountains. We stayed at the Kura Hulanda. They have a website...look for it on google.com WOW !!! It was everything we had dreamed of and MORE ! We really wanted a smaller, more lush and quite resort and thats what we got. We visited the Hilton a day earlier and the Marriot. They were PACKED with people...especially around the pool area....not a vacant lounging seat around. We returned to Kura Hulanda that same day...there were only TWO people next to the pool. The other pool they have on the property was EMPTY ! It was amazing..we felt like we had it all to ourselves. I know why people stay at the Hilton and the Marriot more...first, it's a brand name. Second, they have beaches. What most tourists don't know is that while the beaches are nice, the really nice beaches don't have a hotel near them....they have to be driven to in the western part of the island. So we did not mind that the Kura Hulanda didnt have a beach (although they have free transportation to a nearby one if you deem necessary). The Rock grotto pool made up for it...we felt like we were in Kauai's waterfalls all over again (went there for out honeymoon in October). If you have kids...I would not recommend the Kura Hulanda because it's more of an adult oriented relaxation retreat. If you want commotion and lots of people watching, I dont recommend it either. If you want an ultra luxurious botique style hotel...similar to the smaller ones in Palm Springs, CA....then Kura Hulanda is for you. And you cant beat the price right now ! We got our room at Expedia.com for under 125.00 Oh yeah...forgot to mention...the popular TV series BlindDate was filming there...it will air in February and there is shot of them swimming in the pool at night...the room in the background to the right was ours...room # 157. They went to Mamo Beach club at night too and filmed AND we saw them in Punda..it was as if though they were following us...lol. ONE MORE THING....anyone going to Curacao needs to eat at HOUSE OF RIBS FACTORY.....AMAZING !! The best ribs I have tasten in my life...the food was excellent ! AND THE BEST NACHOS....the meat in the nachos was incredible as was the real Dutch cheese. OH YEAH...and go to PIzza hut and order the CURACAO SPECIAL.....amazing too ! HAVE FUN ! CURACAO IS AWESOME !
CURACAO WAS AWESOME !
- 1 Safety in Puerto Rico?
- 2 Help choosing an all inclusive resort!
- 3 Curacao vs Puerto Rico
- 4 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 5 St. John USVI in July
- 6 Where to go??
- 7 Photos from Havana and Vinales May 2013
- 8 which month has a low heat index in Turks & Caicos
- 9 Staying in Aruba for 1 week in December
- 10 where to travel for 50th birthday with family?
- 11 Sightseeing and Lounging Islands
- 12 Sea Castle Villa Renters Beware!!
- 13 Do restaurants in Bermuda allow corkage/BYO
- 14 puerto rico cruise
- 15 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 16 Active island stay for November solo trip?
- 17 Caribbean Real Estate Jobs
- 18 Best Quaint All Inclusive Resort
- 19 Kid-Friendly All-Inclusives in Caribbean or Cancun
- 20 Recent St. Martin travelers
- 21 Resort near a town?
- 22 Which hotel should we stay at in Aruba?
- 23 Puerto Rico - too much? a.k.a will I be like a coqui hopping all over?
- 24 Freeport to Abaco, how do you do it?
- 25 Ziplines near Rincon/West Coast of Puerto Rico NOT part of a tour