I have seen a few isolated posts mentioning that the Curacao people are not friendly. I would like to say this....I took my new wife (we got married in Oct.2002) to Curacao for the first time. She fell in love with the island and could not believe how FRIENDLY the people were ! Everywhere she went..all the people she met (from the immigration lady who filled out her immigration form for her because we forgot to get one on the plane, to the waiters...the locals on the streets, etc, etc. People were so friendly and sincere when speaking with them. If you come across with the pompous attitude of "I'm from the USA...the biggest superpower in the world" then forget it...the people will crap on you (I would do too if I were in their shoes) BUT..if you respect them and are polite, like anyone would want to be treated, they will go out of their way to make you happy. Be sincere and friendly and they will go above and beyond in helping you out. My wife fell in love with the people...the locals and the Dutch. I too was impressed....it hasn't changed...if anything, they are more friendly than ever.
Curacao VERY friendly people
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 2 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 5 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 6 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 7 Bahamas snorkeling
- 8 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 9 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 10 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 11 Wedding Help!
- 12 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 13 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 14 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 15 Islands with great nightlife
- 16 month stay on a caribbean island
- 17 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 18 Where to stay on Vieques
- 19 Ferry to Rum Point
- 20 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 21 Family with infants/toddlers
- 22 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 23 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 24 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 25 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary