I have seen a few isolated posts mentioning that the Curacao people are not friendly. I would like to say this....I took my new wife (we got married in Oct.2002) to Curacao for the first time. She fell in love with the island and could not believe how FRIENDLY the people were ! Everywhere she went..all the people she met (from the immigration lady who filled out her immigration form for her because we forgot to get one on the plane, to the waiters...the locals on the streets, etc, etc. People were so friendly and sincere when speaking with them. If you come across with the pompous attitude of "I'm from the USA...the biggest superpower in the world" then forget it...the people will crap on you (I would do too if I were in their shoes) BUT..if you respect them and are polite, like anyone would want to be treated, they will go out of their way to make you happy. Be sincere and friendly and they will go above and beyond in helping you out. My wife fell in love with the people...the locals and the Dutch. I too was impressed....it hasn't changed...if anything, they are more friendly than ever.
Curacao VERY friendly people
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?