I have seen a few isolated posts mentioning that the Curacao people are not friendly. I would like to say this....I took my new wife (we got married in Oct.2002) to Curacao for the first time. She fell in love with the island and could not believe how FRIENDLY the people were ! Everywhere she went..all the people she met (from the immigration lady who filled out her immigration form for her because we forgot to get one on the plane, to the waiters...the locals on the streets, etc, etc. People were so friendly and sincere when speaking with them. If you come across with the pompous attitude of "I'm from the USA...the biggest superpower in the world" then forget it...the people will crap on you (I would do too if I were in their shoes) BUT..if you respect them and are polite, like anyone would want to be treated, they will go out of their way to make you happy. Be sincere and friendly and they will go above and beyond in helping you out. My wife fell in love with the people...the locals and the Dutch. I too was impressed....it hasn't changed...if anything, they are more friendly than ever.
Curacao VERY friendly people
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 2 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 3 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 4 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 5 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 6 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 7 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 8 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 9 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 10 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 11 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 12 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 17 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 18 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 19 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 20 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 21 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 22 Which island?
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 25 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John