I have seen a few isolated posts mentioning that the Curacao people are not friendly. I would like to say this....I took my new wife (we got married in Oct.2002) to Curacao for the first time. She fell in love with the island and could not believe how FRIENDLY the people were ! Everywhere she went..all the people she met (from the immigration lady who filled out her immigration form for her because we forgot to get one on the plane, to the waiters...the locals on the streets, etc, etc. People were so friendly and sincere when speaking with them. If you come across with the pompous attitude of "I'm from the USA...the biggest superpower in the world" then forget it...the people will crap on you (I would do too if I were in their shoes) BUT..if you respect them and are polite, like anyone would want to be treated, they will go out of their way to make you happy. Be sincere and friendly and they will go above and beyond in helping you out. My wife fell in love with the people...the locals and the Dutch. I too was impressed....it hasn't changed...if anything, they are more friendly than ever.
Curacao VERY friendly people
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?
- 2 DIY Wedding for Two – Can I pull this off without a Wedding Planner?
- 3 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 4 Aruba suggestions
- 5 Punta Cana Excursions with Teen
- 6 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 7 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 8 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 9 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 10 Cuba in 10 days
- 11 Salt Kettle House to close
- 12 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 13 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 14 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 15 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 16 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 17 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 18 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 19 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 20 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 21 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 22 Why Barbados?
- 23 Cayman Islands in October
- 24 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 25 St. Thomas is dangerous