Am planning a trip with my sister (we are aged 25 & 29). These are the two islands we've narrowed it down to for this trip and we would be staying at the Marriott in whichever we decide on. I have been to many of the Caribbean islands before but am looking for something new. I want a destination where we can laze on a beautiful beach with white sand, aqua water, cocktails, and bars to visit at night (preferably on the beach or open-air). Any suggestions? It'll be her first trip to the Caribbean and we'll also be visiting Jamaica before this trip. I like the idea of Curacao as it seems to have a more distinct culture with dutch/spanish influence. We are from Queensland, Australia so are used to pristine beaches and don't want to be disappointed with something average, or somewhere that is dead and dull at night. Any advice for or against either of these destinations??!!!
Curacao or Grand Cayman???
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 2 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 3 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 4 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 5 just be careful
- 6 Restaurants in Aruba
- 7 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 8 Snorkeling
- 9 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 10 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 11 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 12 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 13 shore excursions
- 14 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 15 Bahamas girls trip
- 16 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 17 Safe for Family
- 18 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 19 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 20 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 21 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 22 Curacao vs Barbados
- 23 Honeymoon Destination
- 24 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 25 10 days in Cuba - HELP