Am planning a trip with my sister (we are aged 25 & 29). These are the two islands we've narrowed it down to for this trip and we would be staying at the Marriott in whichever we decide on. I have been to many of the Caribbean islands before but am looking for something new. I want a destination where we can laze on a beautiful beach with white sand, aqua water, cocktails, and bars to visit at night (preferably on the beach or open-air). Any suggestions? It'll be her first trip to the Caribbean and we'll also be visiting Jamaica before this trip. I like the idea of Curacao as it seems to have a more distinct culture with dutch/spanish influence. We are from Queensland, Australia so are used to pristine beaches and don't want to be disappointed with something average, or somewhere that is dead and dull at night. Any advice for or against either of these destinations??!!!
Curacao or Grand Cayman???
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family with infants/toddlers
- 2 Ferry to Rum Point
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 6 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 7 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 8 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 9 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 10 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 11 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 12 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 13 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 14 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 15 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 16 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 17 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 18 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 19 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 20 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 21 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 22 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 23 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 24 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 25 Beaches Turks question