My husband and I both early 50s are trying to decide where to go on our next vacation. Later this month or late February, Snorkeling is a main consideration and we also like fishing, golfing as well as sight seeing and getting a feel for the locals and the location, including good restaurants, pubs etc. We do not care for big resort settings or lots of touristy places. We don't need anything fancy but like clean with some creature comforts - internet. We have recently been to Belize and Roatan and loved both these places. I have been looking at the caymans, curacao, turks and Bonaire based on what I have read about the snorkeling. (We are open to other suggestions as well) But we also want more to do than snorkel, although that is fairly important and we love to be able to just hop in the ocean without having to take a boat. Beaches are somewhat important as is having something else to do when we have had enough snorkeling.. (Just to mention the husband is not a strong swimmer) Planning on going for about a week and live in western Canada, so everywhere is pretty much a tough jaunt, but we want some warm weather and ocean. Any insight would be appreciated,
curacao or grand cayman or bonaire or turks
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 2015 Family vacation: Best Bang on a budget
- 2 Clearest water and All Inclusive
- 3 Anguilla Beaches
- 4 multiple family beach vacation
- 5 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 6 Caribbean with grown kids
- 7 Cuba by car
- 8 DR All Inclusive for Woman's getway
- 9 Need a new vacation spot!
- 10 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 11 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 12 Mid October Honeymoon
- 13 Summer family vacation
- 14 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 15 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 16 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 17 Honeymoon destination?
- 18 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 19 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 20 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 21 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 22 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 23 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 24 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 25 Cuba help!