My husband and I both early 50s are trying to decide where to go on our next vacation. Later this month or late February, Snorkeling is a main consideration and we also like fishing, golfing as well as sight seeing and getting a feel for the locals and the location, including good restaurants, pubs etc. We do not care for big resort settings or lots of touristy places. We don't need anything fancy but like clean with some creature comforts - internet. We have recently been to Belize and Roatan and loved both these places. I have been looking at the caymans, curacao, turks and Bonaire based on what I have read about the snorkeling. (We are open to other suggestions as well) But we also want more to do than snorkel, although that is fairly important and we love to be able to just hop in the ocean without having to take a boat. Beaches are somewhat important as is having something else to do when we have had enough snorkeling.. (Just to mention the husband is not a strong swimmer) Planning on going for about a week and live in western Canada, so everywhere is pretty much a tough jaunt, but we want some warm weather and ocean. Any insight would be appreciated,
curacao or grand cayman or bonaire or turks
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Punta Cana Excursions with Teen
- 2 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 3 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 4 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 5 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 6 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 7 Cuba in 10 days
- 8 Salt Kettle House to close
- 9 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 10 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 11 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 12 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 13 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 14 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 15 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 16 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 17 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 18 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 19 Why Barbados?
- 20 Cayman Islands in October
- 21 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 Sailing in Tobago and Trinidad
- 25 all-inclusive or villa?