My husband and I both early 50s are trying to decide where to go on our next vacation. Later this month or late February, Snorkeling is a main consideration and we also like fishing, golfing as well as sight seeing and getting a feel for the locals and the location, including good restaurants, pubs etc. We do not care for big resort settings or lots of touristy places. We don't need anything fancy but like clean with some creature comforts - internet. We have recently been to Belize and Roatan and loved both these places. I have been looking at the caymans, curacao, turks and Bonaire based on what I have read about the snorkeling. (We are open to other suggestions as well) But we also want more to do than snorkel, although that is fairly important and we love to be able to just hop in the ocean without having to take a boat. Beaches are somewhat important as is having something else to do when we have had enough snorkeling.. (Just to mention the husband is not a strong swimmer) Planning on going for about a week and live in western Canada, so everywhere is pretty much a tough jaunt, but we want some warm weather and ocean. Any insight would be appreciated,
curacao or grand cayman or bonaire or turks
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 2 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 3 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 4 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 5 Caribbean with grown kids
- 6 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 7 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 8 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 9 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 10 Driving in Aurba
- 11 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 12 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 13 Barbados question where to stay
- 14 Barbados Ferry Service
- 15 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 16 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 17 Restaurant in Aruba
- 18 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 19 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 20 Providenciales Airport
- 21 2 weeks in Cuba
- 22 Grenada - looking for a CLEAN hotel for one night - suggestions?
- 23 Is Grenada the Ideal vacation spot for us?
- 24 Bahama's vs Costa Rica
- 25 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!