My husband and I both early 50s are trying to decide where to go on our next vacation. Later this month or late February, Snorkeling is a main consideration and we also like fishing, golfing as well as sight seeing and getting a feel for the locals and the location, including good restaurants, pubs etc. We do not care for big resort settings or lots of touristy places. We don't need anything fancy but like clean with some creature comforts - internet. We have recently been to Belize and Roatan and loved both these places. I have been looking at the caymans, curacao, turks and Bonaire based on what I have read about the snorkeling. (We are open to other suggestions as well) But we also want more to do than snorkel, although that is fairly important and we love to be able to just hop in the ocean without having to take a boat. Beaches are somewhat important as is having something else to do when we have had enough snorkeling.. (Just to mention the husband is not a strong swimmer) Planning on going for about a week and live in western Canada, so everywhere is pretty much a tough jaunt, but we want some warm weather and ocean. Any insight would be appreciated,
curacao or grand cayman or bonaire or turks
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Dominican Republic villa rental
- 2 fox. car rental montego bay jamaica
- 3 Stop Jet Ski's in Anguilla
- 4 Turks & Caicos
- 5 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 6 Memorable anniversary dinner on St. Thomas?
- 7 Restaurants in St. Barth's?
- 8 Travel to the Caribbean the week before Christmas
- 9 Long Island Bahanas
- 10 All Inclusive in Caribbean or Mexico?
- 11 Honeymoon Help- Caribbean Destination with Walk-in Snorkeling & Nightlife
- 12 Need Caribbean island/hotel suggestions for February trip with 2 year old
- 13 St. Bart's-- how can I get La Pinta vanilla rum?
- 14 Which carribbean island to chose.. dilema's...
- 15 DIY Wedding for Two – Can I pull this off without a Wedding Planner?
- 16 Punta Cana excursions
- 17 Girlfriends All Inclusive Resort Punta Cana or Mexico
- 18 Which Sandals Jamaica is the best
- 19 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 20 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 21 Aruba suggestions
- 22 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 23 Nassau
- 24 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?
- 25 LIAT Air