My boyfriend and I will be in Curacao from April 10 - April 18. We are kind of on a budget and are just sorting out the details of our stay.
Our plan was to stay in the Willemstad the first few days, do a snorkel trip, then rent a car for two days, stay overnight somewhere else on the island and then go back, do another half day trip snorkling. We actually would like to spend the weekend in the city as we do enjoy dancing (especially Salsa dancing but generally to all kind of music).
Our question now: When we stay in Willemstad, how do we get to the beaches? I know there are buses, but do they drive to the beaches or do they only connect the towns with each other? We don't want to rent a car for the whole period as this will cost too much, and we plan to do snorkling trips for 2 days anyway. However, we want to spend most of our time at beaches if possible.
Moreover if someone could suggest a nice 2 day trip, I have Westpunt and its beaches up there in mind.
All suggestions are highly appreciated as it's rather hard to find good reviews and insider tips of the island.
Thanks in advanced
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Regular visists to St. Thomas
- 2 St. Thomas EMS is dangerous
- 3 Turks/ Caicos/ Not Beaches,but where?
- 4 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 5 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 6 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 7 Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
- 8 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 9 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 10 30th anniversary trip
- 11 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 12 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 13 Bermuda in February or March
- 14 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 15 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 16 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 17 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 18 Safest Islands for Us?
- 19 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 20 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 21 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 22 Narrowing it down
- 23 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 24 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 25 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary