My boyfriend and I will be in Curacao from April 10 - April 18. We are kind of on a budget and are just sorting out the details of our stay.
Our plan was to stay in the Willemstad the first few days, do a snorkel trip, then rent a car for two days, stay overnight somewhere else on the island and then go back, do another half day trip snorkling. We actually would like to spend the weekend in the city as we do enjoy dancing (especially Salsa dancing but generally to all kind of music).
Our question now: When we stay in Willemstad, how do we get to the beaches? I know there are buses, but do they drive to the beaches or do they only connect the towns with each other? We don't want to rent a car for the whole period as this will cost too much, and we plan to do snorkling trips for 2 days anyway. However, we want to spend most of our time at beaches if possible.
Moreover if someone could suggest a nice 2 day trip, I have Westpunt and its beaches up there in mind.
All suggestions are highly appreciated as it's rather hard to find good reviews and insider tips of the island.
Thanks in advanced
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementstry.com/muscle-force-fx/
- 2 First trip to St. Martin
- 3 Bermuda Babymoon Late March/Early April
- 4 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 5 Hotel ideas needed
- 6 BVI trip questions
- 7 St.Lucia newbie
- 8 Jerk Chicken
- 9 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 10 Cuba Cell Phones and Casa Tips
- 11 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 12 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 13 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 14 aruba fun!!!
- 15 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 16 Peterson
- 17 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 18 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 19 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 20 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 21 Turks and caicos
- 22 Aruba weather
- 23 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 24 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 25 Turks and caicos