My boyfriend and I will be in Curacao from April 10 - April 18. We are kind of on a budget and are just sorting out the details of our stay.
Our plan was to stay in the Willemstad the first few days, do a snorkel trip, then rent a car for two days, stay overnight somewhere else on the island and then go back, do another half day trip snorkling. We actually would like to spend the weekend in the city as we do enjoy dancing (especially Salsa dancing but generally to all kind of music).
Our question now: When we stay in Willemstad, how do we get to the beaches? I know there are buses, but do they drive to the beaches or do they only connect the towns with each other? We don't want to rent a car for the whole period as this will cost too much, and we plan to do snorkling trips for 2 days anyway. However, we want to spend most of our time at beaches if possible.
Moreover if someone could suggest a nice 2 day trip, I have Westpunt and its beaches up there in mind.
All suggestions are highly appreciated as it's rather hard to find good reviews and insider tips of the island.
Thanks in advanced
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba in November
- 2 Choosing Between a Rental on Nassau or Eleuethera
- 3 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 4 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 5 7 Adults and a 51/2 month old
- 6 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 7 overwhelmed by the Bahamas!
- 8 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 9 Evening temperatures
- 10 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 11 50th Birthday with Family
- 12 Birthday Celebration
- 13 DR - All inclusive
- 14 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 15 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 16 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 17 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 18 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 19 Late May Trip
- 20 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 21 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Cheers to Beers!
- 24 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 25 any advice about the Cayman Islands?