My boyfriend and I will be in Curacao from April 10 - April 18. We are kind of on a budget and are just sorting out the details of our stay.
Our plan was to stay in the Willemstad the first few days, do a snorkel trip, then rent a car for two days, stay overnight somewhere else on the island and then go back, do another half day trip snorkling. We actually would like to spend the weekend in the city as we do enjoy dancing (especially Salsa dancing but generally to all kind of music).
Our question now: When we stay in Willemstad, how do we get to the beaches? I know there are buses, but do they drive to the beaches or do they only connect the towns with each other? We don't want to rent a car for the whole period as this will cost too much, and we plan to do snorkling trips for 2 days anyway. However, we want to spend most of our time at beaches if possible.
Moreover if someone could suggest a nice 2 day trip, I have Westpunt and its beaches up there in mind.
All suggestions are highly appreciated as it's rather hard to find good reviews and insider tips of the island.
Thanks in advanced
Curacao - bus to beach? area to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Chef on Turks and Caicos?
- 2 A few last minute Cuba questions! (two week trip)
- 3 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 4 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 5 Solo Female Caribbean - Please Help!
- 6 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 7 Florida or caribbean
- 8 Last to open up in your brain into your particularly
- 9 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 10 Money in Jamaica
- 11 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 12 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 13 Barbado Car rental
- 14 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 15 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 16 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 17 Death in Paradise
- 18 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 19 50+ where to dance?
- 20 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 21 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 22 dominican republic
- 23 Summer family vacation
- 24 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 25 Puerto Rico Hotels