Ok, here's the scoop: American travelers should note that although individual American citizens are allowed to visit Cuba--the warning on the passport states that going to Cuba is "not recommended" for U.S. citizens--American companies cannot legally do business with Cuba owing to the U.S. trade embargo. Therefore, trips must be booked through a Canadian or Mexican tour operator or travel agent. Further, if there are probblems with transportation or during the trip, U.S. citizens will not be able to file complaints with any U.S. agency. As for carriers to Cuba, try the following: Cubana (514/871-1222) which operates the only regularly scheduled flights to Cuba from Canada (Toronto and Montreal); Aeromexico (011/52-5-207-6311) provides regular service from Mexico City; and Mexicana (011/52-5-325-0990) which flies from Mexico CIty. Have fun, and be sure that you DO NOT bring home any cigars!
cuba -- accessible to US citizens ??
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 2 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Advice needed
- 5 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 6 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 7 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 8 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 9 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 10 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 11 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 12 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 13 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 14 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 15 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 16 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 17 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 18 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 21 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 22 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 23 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 24 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 25 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica