Ok, here's the scoop: American travelers should note that although individual American citizens are allowed to visit Cuba--the warning on the passport states that going to Cuba is "not recommended" for U.S. citizens--American companies cannot legally do business with Cuba owing to the U.S. trade embargo. Therefore, trips must be booked through a Canadian or Mexican tour operator or travel agent. Further, if there are probblems with transportation or during the trip, U.S. citizens will not be able to file complaints with any U.S. agency. As for carriers to Cuba, try the following: Cubana (514/871-1222) which operates the only regularly scheduled flights to Cuba from Canada (Toronto and Montreal); Aeromexico (011/52-5-207-6311) provides regular service from Mexico City; and Mexicana (011/52-5-325-0990) which flies from Mexico CIty. Have fun, and be sure that you DO NOT bring home any cigars!
cuba -- accessible to US citizens ??
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 2 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 3 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 4 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 5 Islands with great nightlife
- 6 month stay on a caribbean island
- 7 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 8 Where to stay on Vieques
- 9 Ferry to Rum Point
- 10 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 11 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 12 Family with infants/toddlers
- 13 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 14 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 15 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 16 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 17 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 18 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 19 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 20 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 21 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 22 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 23 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 24 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 25 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?