Ok, here's the scoop: American travelers should note that although individual American citizens are allowed to visit Cuba--the warning on the passport states that going to Cuba is "not recommended" for U.S. citizens--American companies cannot legally do business with Cuba owing to the U.S. trade embargo. Therefore, trips must be booked through a Canadian or Mexican tour operator or travel agent. Further, if there are probblems with transportation or during the trip, U.S. citizens will not be able to file complaints with any U.S. agency. As for carriers to Cuba, try the following: Cubana (514/871-1222) which operates the only regularly scheduled flights to Cuba from Canada (Toronto and Montreal); Aeromexico (011/52-5-207-6311) provides regular service from Mexico City; and Mexicana (011/52-5-325-0990) which flies from Mexico CIty. Have fun, and be sure that you DO NOT bring home any cigars!
cuba -- accessible to US citizens ??
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Kristen- where are you?????
- 2 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 3 Cayman Islands in October
- 4 Anguilla stay?
- 5 Back from San Juan
- 6 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 7 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 8 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 9 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 10 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 11 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 12 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 13 Puerto Rico
- 14 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 15 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 16 Cuba People to People Tours
- 17 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 18 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 19 relaxed beaches in january
- 20 Are you the new future traveler?
- 21 Mosquitoes - where are they NOT?
- 22 Wanted: St. Lucia Jan - March studio rental?
- 23 Who can advice a reliable tour operator to Dominican Republic?
- 24 St Martin rental car on ferry?
- 25 Caribbean 10 days - where to go?