Booked a last minute deal for a cruise to Bermuda leaving next week, with this following itinerary:
Sunday - Kings Wharf, Bermuda... Arrive 3:00 PM (Docked)
Monday - Kings Wharf, Bermuda... (Docked)
Tuesday - Kings Wharf, Bermuda... Depart 6:00 PM (Docked)
I know it's a short stay, but I was wondering if you could offer any advice with activities. I have done a lot of traveling around the world, but never on a cruise ship, and oddly, never to the Caribbean. Here's a little info: I'm 32 years old traveling with my 70 year old mom (who sometimes can have problems walking long distances). And although I'd love to do some snorkeling, I'm pretty sure it's a definite "no" for her. Same idea goes for scooters and neither of us golf.
Would like your recommendation for:
Lunch/dinner - Local Bermuda flavor if possible, food/drink to try
Which of the famous "pink sand" beaches to go to and how to get there (Would definitely like to get at least a couple of hours of relaxing beach time in!)
Key sites/towns to see
Where to go for some local shopping (for mom)
I have read about purchasing either an unlimited 3-day pass or a 15-ticket booklet for busses & ferries for getting around. Any thoughts? And if so, is it easy to get to the ferry/bus from the cruise port in Kings Wharf (which appears to be on the western side of the island)?
If I have left out any key questions, please don't hesitate to add on. I really appreciate any information you can give.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Month travel ideas
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 4 Cuba weather in March
- 5 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 6 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 7 aruba planning advice
- 8 Move to grand cayman
- 9 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 10 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 11 Malaria Punta Cana
- 12 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 13 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 14 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 15 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 16 New Destination
- 17 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 18 Bahamas help
- 19 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 20 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 21 Vacation suggestion, please
- 22 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 23 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 24 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 25 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba