Booked a last minute deal for a cruise to Bermuda leaving next week, with this following itinerary:
Sunday - Kings Wharf, Bermuda... Arrive 3:00 PM (Docked)
Monday - Kings Wharf, Bermuda... (Docked)
Tuesday - Kings Wharf, Bermuda... Depart 6:00 PM (Docked)
I know it's a short stay, but I was wondering if you could offer any advice with activities. I have done a lot of traveling around the world, but never on a cruise ship, and oddly, never to the Caribbean. Here's a little info: I'm 32 years old traveling with my 70 year old mom (who sometimes can have problems walking long distances). And although I'd love to do some snorkeling, I'm pretty sure it's a definite "no" for her. Same idea goes for scooters and neither of us golf.
Would like your recommendation for:
Lunch/dinner - Local Bermuda flavor if possible, food/drink to try
Which of the famous "pink sand" beaches to go to and how to get there (Would definitely like to get at least a couple of hours of relaxing beach time in!)
Key sites/towns to see
Where to go for some local shopping (for mom)
I have read about purchasing either an unlimited 3-day pass or a 15-ticket booklet for busses & ferries for getting around. Any thoughts? And if so, is it easy to get to the ferry/bus from the cruise port in Kings Wharf (which appears to be on the western side of the island)?
If I have left out any key questions, please don't hesitate to add on. I really appreciate any information you can give.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Island Choice
- 2 Cruise stop activities
- 3 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 4 Aruba weather
- 5 Jade Mountain
- 6 Turks and caicos
- 7 Turks and caicos
- 8 Honeymoon Help!!
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 11 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 12 Bermuda
- 13 Restaurant Suggestions
- 14 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 15 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 16 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 17 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 18 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 19 Taxi info. Self touring
- 20 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 21 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 22 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 23 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 24 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 25 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.