My husband and I are planning a trip to St. Thomas for the first time in a few weeks. We are very concerned over the many posts in this forum about crime. We've been to many islands and have always felt safe. Granted many of them are safe islands, such as Aruba, Barbados and Antigua. But we have also been to St. Marrten a number of times and never had a problem. What should we look out for other than the obvious wandering around dark streets at night. We love to drive around and explore different beaches and to find a secluded one for ourselves. Are we better off not doing that? How is driving at night, from our hotel to a restaurant or bar. We are staying at Secret Harbor and hear it is close to Red Hook. Is that safe? Can we drive from the hotel to other areas at night and not have to worry. We don't want to spend our vacation being scared, but we want to be careful. If anyone has any advice we would really appreciate it. We'll let you know how it went when we get back. Thanks in advance.
Crime on St. Thomas
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 2 Money in Jamaica
- 3 Florida or caribbean
- 4 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 5 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 6 Barbado Car rental
- 7 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 8 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 9 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 10 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 11 Death in Paradise
- 12 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 13 50+ where to dance?
- 14 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 15 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 16 dominican republic
- 17 Summer family vacation
- 18 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 19 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 20 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 21 St Martin
- 22 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 23 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 24 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 25 Resort villa suggestions