My husband and I are planning a trip to St. Thomas for the first time in a few weeks. We are very concerned over the many posts in this forum about crime. We've been to many islands and have always felt safe. Granted many of them are safe islands, such as Aruba, Barbados and Antigua. But we have also been to St. Marrten a number of times and never had a problem. What should we look out for other than the obvious wandering around dark streets at night. We love to drive around and explore different beaches and to find a secluded one for ourselves. Are we better off not doing that? How is driving at night, from our hotel to a restaurant or bar. We are staying at Secret Harbor and hear it is close to Red Hook. Is that safe? Can we drive from the hotel to other areas at night and not have to worry. We don't want to spend our vacation being scared, but we want to be careful. If anyone has any advice we would really appreciate it. We'll let you know how it went when we get back. Thanks in advance.
Crime on St. Thomas
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?