My husband and I recently visited Providenciales in TCI Turks and Caicos. When we arrived we were so impressed with the beauty of Grace Bay Beach. After three glorious days there we went out for dinner one night and came back to discover that our villa had been ransacked and EVERYTHING OF VALUE taken. We had been careful to lock our doors but the thieves removed a window and came in that way. We called the TCI police and they came and took a report. After that, our vacation was ruined. Gone were IPad, IPod, jewelry, camera, binoculars, clothing, etc. I have attempted many times to be in touch with the TCI police to see if they ever investigated. I get no response. If you are the victim of a crime in Provo DO NOT COUNT ON THE POLICE , to care or to investigate. Once you are off the island you are forgotten and they do not care about your losses.
Please understand also that I have visited at least 24 Caribbean islands and have never had one bit of trouble of any kind. I have emailed and called the TCI police repeatedly and no one responds. They are either incompetent or they do not value American tourists. One only needs to read the local TCI papers to understand all the problems in the police force.
We were fortunate to have not been physically injured in a crime in Providenciales. Read the TCI weekly to learn about those less fortunate than we.
Keep this in mind when making vacation plans.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Large Family Trip to Caribbean
- 2 Atlantis in Bahamas
- 3 Babymoon Beach Vacation
- 4 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 5 The Pigs of No Name Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
- 6 turks caicos
- 7 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 8 Curacao
- 9 Puerto Rico since the "meltdown"
- 10 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 11 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 12 Need more folks for Atlantis boat charter
- 13 Groupon Tours
- 14 Can you bring your own food to Aruba?
- 15 Grandmother/Granddaughter Beach Vacation
- 16 Location
- 17 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 18 Restaurants Turks and Caicos
- 19 Private tours in Cuba
- 20 Planning trip to st Lucia
- 21 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 22 Bahamas girls trip
- 23 8-10 days vacation in Caribbean, we would love to hear thoughts!
- 24 Cuba Tour Companies
- 25 Reduit Beach is being ruined