My husband and I recently visited Providenciales in TCI Turks and Caicos. When we arrived we were so impressed with the beauty of Grace Bay Beach. After three glorious days there we went out for dinner one night and came back to discover that our villa had been ransacked and EVERYTHING OF VALUE taken. We had been careful to lock our doors but the thieves removed a window and came in that way. We called the TCI police and they came and took a report. After that, our vacation was ruined. Gone were IPad, IPod, jewelry, camera, binoculars, clothing, etc. I have attempted many times to be in touch with the TCI police to see if they ever investigated. I get no response. If you are the victim of a crime in Provo DO NOT COUNT ON THE POLICE , to care or to investigate. Once you are off the island you are forgotten and they do not care about your losses.
Please understand also that I have visited at least 24 Caribbean islands and have never had one bit of trouble of any kind. I have emailed and called the TCI police repeatedly and no one responds. They are either incompetent or they do not value American tourists. One only needs to read the local TCI papers to understand all the problems in the police force.
We were fortunate to have not been physically injured in a crime in Providenciales. Read the TCI weekly to learn about those less fortunate than we.
Keep this in mind when making vacation plans.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Dominican republic
- 2 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 3 Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 5 importing pets to sxm
- 6 Charter transfer boat from SXM to SBH?
- 7 St. Barts
- 8 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 9 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 10 PR or USVI
- 11 Which Caribbean island?
- 12 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 13 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 14 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 15 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 16 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 17 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 5 days in Havana
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 21 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 22 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 23 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 24 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 25 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary