My husband and I recently visited Providenciales in TCI Turks and Caicos. When we arrived we were so impressed with the beauty of Grace Bay Beach. After three glorious days there we went out for dinner one night and came back to discover that our villa had been ransacked and EVERYTHING OF VALUE taken. We had been careful to lock our doors but the thieves removed a window and came in that way. We called the TCI police and they came and took a report. After that, our vacation was ruined. Gone were IPad, IPod, jewelry, camera, binoculars, clothing, etc. I have attempted many times to be in touch with the TCI police to see if they ever investigated. I get no response. If you are the victim of a crime in Provo DO NOT COUNT ON THE POLICE , to care or to investigate. Once you are off the island you are forgotten and they do not care about your losses.
Please understand also that I have visited at least 24 Caribbean islands and have never had one bit of trouble of any kind. I have emailed and called the TCI police repeatedly and no one responds. They are either incompetent or they do not value American tourists. One only needs to read the local TCI papers to understand all the problems in the police force.
We were fortunate to have not been physically injured in a crime in Providenciales. Read the TCI weekly to learn about those less fortunate than we.
Keep this in mind when making vacation plans.
Crime in Providenciales TCI
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Solo Female Caribbean - Please Help!
- 2 Chef on Turks and Caicos?
- 3 A few last minute Cuba questions! (two week trip)
- 4 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 5 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 6 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 7 Florida or caribbean
- 8 Last to open up in your brain into your particularly
- 9 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 10 Money in Jamaica
- 11 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 12 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 13 Barbado Car rental
- 14 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 15 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 16 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 17 Death in Paradise
- 18 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 19 50+ where to dance?
- 20 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 21 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 22 dominican republic
- 23 Summer family vacation
- 24 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 25 Puerto Rico Hotels