My husband and I recently visited Providenciales in TCI Turks and Caicos. When we arrived we were so impressed with the beauty of Grace Bay Beach. After three glorious days there we went out for dinner one night and came back to discover that our villa had been ransacked and EVERYTHING OF VALUE taken. We had been careful to lock our doors but the thieves removed a window and came in that way. We called the TCI police and they came and took a report. After that, our vacation was ruined. Gone were IPad, IPod, jewelry, camera, binoculars, clothing, etc. I have attempted many times to be in touch with the TCI police to see if they ever investigated. I get no response. If you are the victim of a crime in Provo DO NOT COUNT ON THE POLICE , to care or to investigate. Once you are off the island you are forgotten and they do not care about your losses.
Please understand also that I have visited at least 24 Caribbean islands and have never had one bit of trouble of any kind. I have emailed and called the TCI police repeatedly and no one responds. They are either incompetent or they do not value American tourists. One only needs to read the local TCI papers to understand all the problems in the police force.
We were fortunate to have not been physically injured in a crime in Providenciales. Read the TCI weekly to learn about those less fortunate than we.
Keep this in mind when making vacation plans.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Flawless Youth Skin Care might look
- 2 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 3 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 4 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 5 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 6 Anguilla. House to rent or swap Jan or Fec 2018
- 7 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 8 Cuba for 6 days
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 11 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 12 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 13 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 when to visit barbados
- 16 Barbados Beaches
- 17 Punta Cana
- 18 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 19 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 20 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 21 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 22 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 23 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 24 Restaurant Recommendations
- 25 Trouble booking hotels!