My husband and I recently visited Providenciales in TCI Turks and Caicos. When we arrived we were so impressed with the beauty of Grace Bay Beach. After three glorious days there we went out for dinner one night and came back to discover that our villa had been ransacked and EVERYTHING OF VALUE taken. We had been careful to lock our doors but the thieves removed a window and came in that way. We called the TCI police and they came and took a report. After that, our vacation was ruined. Gone were IPad, IPod, jewelry, camera, binoculars, clothing, etc. I have attempted many times to be in touch with the TCI police to see if they ever investigated. I get no response. If you are the victim of a crime in Provo DO NOT COUNT ON THE POLICE , to care or to investigate. Once you are off the island you are forgotten and they do not care about your losses.
Please understand also that I have visited at least 24 Caribbean islands and have never had one bit of trouble of any kind. I have emailed and called the TCI police repeatedly and no one responds. They are either incompetent or they do not value American tourists. One only needs to read the local TCI papers to understand all the problems in the police force.
We were fortunate to have not been physically injured in a crime in Providenciales. Read the TCI weekly to learn about those less fortunate than we.
Keep this in mind when making vacation plans.
Crime in Providenciales TCI
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable
- 2 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 3 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 4 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 5 Anguilla stay?
- 6 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 7 Cayman Islands in October
- 8 Back from San Juan
- 9 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 10 Kristen- where are you?????
- 11 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 12 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 13 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 14 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 15 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 16 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 17 Puerto Rico
- 18 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 19 Cuba People to People Tours
- 20 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 21 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 22 relaxed beaches in january
- 23 Are you the new future traveler?
- 24 Mosquitoes - where are they NOT?
- 25 Wanted: St. Lucia Jan - March studio rental?