I'm looking for some "authentic" slow island or colonian experience with nice white beaches, maybe some small hiking for some 8-10 day trip in the end November. Two adults and a 5year old kid would be going from MIA/FLL/MCO or SJU.
First time in Caribbean so would be glad to get some local experience - would like to stay away from lots of cruise ships per day and big AI hotels unless it's really necessary. Would be an advantage to visit few islands though it's not must as well. Don't pay too much attention to the kid - he's been to 20+ countries already and knows what to expect while traveling though it would be advantage if traveling around islands would be not too difficult.
St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Maarten and, of course, Puerto Rico are easiest one to reach from MIA/FLO but some of mentioned places, according to reviews, are "ruined" by tourists.
Please let me know where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Tortola next week
- 2 Summer trip
- 3 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 4 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 5 DR vs. Mexico
- 6 Surf Fly Fishing
- 7 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 8 Family of 5 undecided island
- 9 Christmas 2017
- 10 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 11 Honeymoon Help!!
- 12 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 13 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 14 All inclusive
- 15 BVI trip questions
- 16 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 17 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 18 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 19 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 20 family resort ideas?
- 21 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 22 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 23 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 24 First time to Puerto Rico
- 25 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure