I'm looking for some "authentic" slow island or colonian experience with nice white beaches, maybe some small hiking for some 8-10 day trip in the end November. Two adults and a 5year old kid would be going from MIA/FLL/MCO or SJU.
First time in Caribbean so would be glad to get some local experience - would like to stay away from lots of cruise ships per day and big AI hotels unless it's really necessary. Would be an advantage to visit few islands though it's not must as well. Don't pay too much attention to the kid - he's been to 20+ countries already and knows what to expect while traveling though it would be advantage if traveling around islands would be not too difficult.
St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Maarten and, of course, Puerto Rico are easiest one to reach from MIA/FLO but some of mentioned places, according to reviews, are "ruined" by tourists.
Please let me know where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba Help
- 2 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 3 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 4 Cuba via cruise
- 5 Is everything open on elbow cay in early nov?
- 6 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 7 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 8 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 9 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 10 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 11 Living in the Caribbean
- 12 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 13 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 14 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 15 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 16 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 17 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 18 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 19 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 20 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 21 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 22 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 23 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 24 St. Croix
- 25 St Kitts & Irma