I'm looking for some "authentic" slow island or colonian experience with nice white beaches, maybe some small hiking for some 8-10 day trip in the end November. Two adults and a 5year old kid would be going from MIA/FLL/MCO or SJU.
First time in Caribbean so would be glad to get some local experience - would like to stay away from lots of cruise ships per day and big AI hotels unless it's really necessary. Would be an advantage to visit few islands though it's not must as well. Don't pay too much attention to the kid - he's been to 20+ countries already and knows what to expect while traveling though it would be advantage if traveling around islands would be not too difficult.
St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Maarten and, of course, Puerto Rico are easiest one to reach from MIA/FLO but some of mentioned places, according to reviews, are "ruined" by tourists.
Please let me know where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Do not miss the Tahiti
- 2 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 when to visit barbados
- 5 Honeymoon Help!!
- 6 Barbados Beaches
- 7 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 8 Punta Cana
- 9 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 10 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 11 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 12 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 13 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 14 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 15 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 16 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 17 Restaurant Recommendations
- 18 Trouble booking hotels!
- 19 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 20 Airport transfer PUJ
- 21 Bahama's outer island
- 22 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 23 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 24 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 25 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom