I'm looking for some "authentic" slow island or colonian experience with nice white beaches, maybe some small hiking for some 8-10 day trip in the end November. Two adults and a 5year old kid would be going from MIA/FLL/MCO or SJU.
First time in Caribbean so would be glad to get some local experience - would like to stay away from lots of cruise ships per day and big AI hotels unless it's really necessary. Would be an advantage to visit few islands though it's not must as well. Don't pay too much attention to the kid - he's been to 20+ countries already and knows what to expect while traveling though it would be advantage if traveling around islands would be not too difficult.
St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Maarten and, of course, Puerto Rico are easiest one to reach from MIA/FLO but some of mentioned places, according to reviews, are "ruined" by tourists.
Please let me know where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Curaçao and girls?
- 2 Small Carribean Hotel
- 3 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 4 Punta Cana Excursions
- 5 customs questions
- 6 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 7 Nassau Bahamas
- 8 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 9 Biking in Caribbean
- 10 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 11 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 12 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 13 Help with how long on each island.
- 14 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 15 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 16 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 17 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 18 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 19 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 20 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 21 Hiking in St. John
- 22 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 23 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 24 celebrating husband's 50th birthday AI suggestions needed
- 25 Turks Caicos July 19 - Aug 2