I'm looking for some "authentic" slow island or colonian experience with nice white beaches, maybe some small hiking for some 8-10 day trip in the end November. Two adults and a 5year old kid would be going from MIA/FLL/MCO or SJU.
First time in Caribbean so would be glad to get some local experience - would like to stay away from lots of cruise ships per day and big AI hotels unless it's really necessary. Would be an advantage to visit few islands though it's not must as well. Don't pay too much attention to the kid - he's been to 20+ countries already and knows what to expect while traveling though it would be advantage if traveling around islands would be not too difficult.
St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Maarten and, of course, Puerto Rico are easiest one to reach from MIA/FLO but some of mentioned places, according to reviews, are "ruined" by tourists.
Please let me know where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Island Choice
- 2 Cruise stop activities
- 3 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 4 Aruba weather
- 5 Jade Mountain
- 6 Turks and caicos
- 7 Turks and caicos
- 8 Honeymoon Help!!
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 11 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 12 Bermuda
- 13 Restaurant Suggestions
- 14 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 15 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 16 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 17 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 18 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 19 Taxi info. Self touring
- 20 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 21 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 22 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 23 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 24 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 25 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.