I am going to be taking my 8 year olds (boy and girl) to an island in the second week of June. It will likely just be myself (their father) so while I love a good adventure, I also need to keep in mind that it isn't as easy to do with just myself. That said - I don't want to just sit on a beach every single day.
I'll be flying out of New York most likely, as the flights out of Philly are far less convenient.
With that in mind, the three I have in mind are:
- Turks and Caicos
- St. Martin (French side, likely near Anse Marcel)
- Don't want super touristy
- Want good beaches with calm waters
- Good snorkeling a plus but not deal breaker since its their first time
- Decent restaurants that are reasonably casual
- Somewhat different culture than the US (will not be staying at resorts)
Which do people recommend? The budgets that I've seen are all OK regarding flights and lodging, but would be interested to hear differences on things like food and activities, if there is a big difference.
Thanks! I've tried many searches here but haven't gotten exactly what I've been looking for
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://nutritionextract.com/embova-rx/
- 2 Restaurant Recommendations
- 3 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 4 St. Barts
- 5 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 6 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 7 PR or USVI
- 8 Which Caribbean island?
- 9 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 10 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 11 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 12 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 13 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 14 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 15 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 16 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 17 5 days in Havana
- 18 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 19 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 20 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 21 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 22 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 23 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 24 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 25 Scrub Island Resort