I am going to be taking my 8 year olds (boy and girl) to an island in the second week of June. It will likely just be myself (their father) so while I love a good adventure, I also need to keep in mind that it isn't as easy to do with just myself. That said - I don't want to just sit on a beach every single day.
I'll be flying out of New York most likely, as the flights out of Philly are far less convenient.
With that in mind, the three I have in mind are:
- Turks and Caicos
- St. Martin (French side, likely near Anse Marcel)
- Don't want super touristy
- Want good beaches with calm waters
- Good snorkeling a plus but not deal breaker since its their first time
- Decent restaurants that are reasonably casual
- Somewhat different culture than the US (will not be staying at resorts)
Which do people recommend? The budgets that I've seen are all OK regarding flights and lodging, but would be interested to hear differences on things like food and activities, if there is a big difference.
Thanks! I've tried many searches here but haven't gotten exactly what I've been looking for
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AOL 1888:482:3831 password reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 HP printer Installation CONTACT☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Supp0rt care
- 3 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 4 1st time to Barbados
- 5 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 6 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 7 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 8 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 9 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 10 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 11 GTC
- 12 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 13 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 14 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 15 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 16 Cayman Islands travel report
- 17 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 18 Curacao times 2
- 19 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 20 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 21 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 22 Bermuda Travel Report
- 23 Cuba Help
- 24 Cuba via cruise
- 25 Aruba villa help desperate!