I am going to be taking my 8 year olds (boy and girl) to an island in the second week of June. It will likely just be myself (their father) so while I love a good adventure, I also need to keep in mind that it isn't as easy to do with just myself. That said - I don't want to just sit on a beach every single day.
I'll be flying out of New York most likely, as the flights out of Philly are far less convenient.
With that in mind, the three I have in mind are:
- Turks and Caicos
- St. Martin (French side, likely near Anse Marcel)
- Don't want super touristy
- Want good beaches with calm waters
- Good snorkeling a plus but not deal breaker since its their first time
- Decent restaurants that are reasonably casual
- Somewhat different culture than the US (will not be staying at resorts)
Which do people recommend? The budgets that I've seen are all OK regarding flights and lodging, but would be interested to hear differences on things like food and activities, if there is a big difference.
Thanks! I've tried many searches here but haven't gotten exactly what I've been looking for
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 파워볼사다리 ▣ 홈피: mat13.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 3 Upcoming Cuba trip- 12 days
- 4 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 5 Best weather/where to travel early November?!
- 6 Changes to travel US-Cuba
- 7 No Mold - Family Friendly Place to Stay?
- 8 Girls' trip, after Anguilla
- 9 Grace Bay-where to stay
- 10 what island to go to Feb 2018)
- 11 Hiking in St. John
- 12 Reefs vs Fairmont Southampton?
- 13 Where to go - March/April 2018?
- 14 Honeymoon in October/November! Help!
- 15 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 16 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 17 Where in DR?
- 18 Honeymoon
- 19 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 20 Curacao times 2
- 21 Help us choose a caribbean location!
- 22 Barbados
- 23 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 24 Young Couple Looking for a beach/villa/nightlife
- 25 Help with August trip ideas