I am a US citizen going to Cuba with government approval in three weeks. I am concerned about assess to cash in Cuba. I know that I can get non-U.S. traveler's checks, but have heard many stories about US citizens who were unable to cash them once in Cuba. I doubt I have time to get a credit card on a non-U.S. bank. Have others had success in cashing traveler's checks? Are some kinds better than others? If any one has any other advice on getting cash in Cuba I would appreciate hearing from you.
cashing traveler's checks as US citizen
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 2 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 3 Anguilla Beaches
- 4 Mid October Honeymoon
- 5 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 6 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 7 Cuba help!
- 8 Just posted my Key West trip report and photos
- 9 Nevis Trip Guidance
- 10 Rent a car?
- 11 LIAT Air
- 12 Romantic Dinner - special occasion- in Bermuda
- 13 Caribbean Islands Cruise
- 14 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding
- 15 Bermuda in Sept for 5 nights
- 16 St. Lucia Trip Report – A Snapshot
- 17 Where do we go?!?! help 50+ couple looking for 30 anniversary trip advice
- 18 50+ where to dance?
- 19 Honeymoon in August- St Lucia ruled out help us pick a destination!
- 20 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 21 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 22 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 23 Thinking about moving to US Virgin Islands
- 24 Chinungunya Mosquitos
- 25 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice