I am a US citizen going to Cuba with government approval in three weeks. I am concerned about assess to cash in Cuba. I know that I can get non-U.S. traveler's checks, but have heard many stories about US citizens who were unable to cash them once in Cuba. I doubt I have time to get a credit card on a non-U.S. bank. Have others had success in cashing traveler's checks? Are some kinds better than others? If any one has any other advice on getting cash in Cuba I would appreciate hearing from you.
cashing traveler's checks as US citizen
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 2 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 3 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 4 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 5 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 6 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 7 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 8 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 9 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 10 Get info about weather.
- 11 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Logistics of getting to Anguilla
- 14 Anyone stay in an apartment on Bermuda?
- 15 Water/beach conditions in Barbados
- 16 Yet Another Person Needing Help Deciding Which Island
- 17 June Honeymoon Help, Please
- 18 LIAT Air
- 19 What's going on in Bimini ?
- 20 Beach front Caribbean Villa for New Year's
- 21 Need help again!!
- 22 relaxed beaches in january
- 23 AirBnb be aware of a scam on this site (not AirBnb's fault)
- 24 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 25 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba