I'm planning a 4-night vacation in the Caribbean in late May 2016 with my boyfriend. I've never been before, so I have no idea which island to go to. I need your help and expertise! As an FYI, I'll be traveling from the LA area. I've done Mexico recently, so I wanted to try something new. Is it possible to find something that fits my preferences below in the Caribbean, or should I stick with Riviera Maya, Mexico? Below is what I'm looking for:
-clear, warm water
-delicious food options
-beachfront/walkable to water
-quiet, relaxing atmosphere
-easy trip into town should we want to go out to dinner and explore
-room less than $200/night
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 5 days in Havana
- 2 PR or USVI
- 3 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 4 Which Caribbean island?
- 5 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 6 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 7 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 8 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 9 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 10 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 11 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 12 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 13 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 14 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 15 Scrub Island Resort
- 16 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 17 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 18 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 19 Wedding Destinations???
- 20 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 21 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 22 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 23 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11
- 24 Hospital and doctors in St. Barth
- 25 Traveling with a toddler -Please help!