So I've been wanting to go to the Caribbean forever... and I'm tired of talking about it & not doing it. I am in my 30s & single, while all my friends are married or have kids. So, I'm tired of waiting to do this vacay with someone. I'm looking for suggestions for single-friendly places. I would just like to avoid being the only single person & not at some honeymoon/couples resort. I am not looking for a fancy place to stay. I don't plan on being in my room very much & don't think I need a whole villa to myself. I am leaning towards BVI. I am hoping to go for a week or so, don't need a huge itinerary. I just want to know I'll be safe going solo. I'd also like to do some excursions that won't break my bank by going alone. (I really want to try fishing or some boat day trips). Mainly I want to chill on the beach, sip some tropical drinks, & hear some good music. Suggestions?? Thanks so much.
Caribbean vacation by myself- thinking BVI
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 2 Back from San Juan
- 3 Cupecoy Beach
- 4 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 5 Vacation Ideas
- 6 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Carry on size Bahamas
- 9 St John March, where to stay
- 10 The right adults-only resort
- 11 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 12 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 13 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 14 Tips for bahamas
- 15 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 16 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 18 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 19 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 21 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 22 walkable hotels
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?