So I've been wanting to go to the Caribbean forever... and I'm tired of talking about it & not doing it. I am in my 30s & single, while all my friends are married or have kids. So, I'm tired of waiting to do this vacay with someone. I'm looking for suggestions for single-friendly places. I would just like to avoid being the only single person & not at some honeymoon/couples resort. I am not looking for a fancy place to stay. I don't plan on being in my room very much & don't think I need a whole villa to myself. I am leaning towards BVI. I am hoping to go for a week or so, don't need a huge itinerary. I just want to know I'll be safe going solo. I'd also like to do some excursions that won't break my bank by going alone. (I really want to try fishing or some boat day trips). Mainly I want to chill on the beach, sip some tropical drinks, & hear some good music. Suggestions?? Thanks so much.
Caribbean vacation by myself- thinking BVI
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family with infants/toddlers
- 2 Ferry to Rum Point
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 6 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 7 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 8 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 9 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 10 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 11 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 12 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 13 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 14 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 15 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 16 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 17 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 18 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 19 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 20 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 21 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 22 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 23 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 24 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 25 Beaches Turks question