I am celebrating my 30th birthday (again) in January and would love to go somewhere in the Caribbean for the first time. I will probably have 4 days, possibly 5, total for my trip and I will be coming from NYC. Please let me know if you have any suggestions based on my preferences in order of importance, with the most important first.
-Somewhere that is not overly developed and touristy
-unique hotel rooms (or homes to rent possibly) that are woven into the landscape, i.e. a hut on stilts overlooking the water, or maybe something like a treehouse? is that too much to ask for? haha - well, something along those lines...or think vernacular architecture
-horseback riding along the beach or other natural area
-someplace kind of mellow but still has some restaurant (with hopefully flavorful food) and bar/lounge (with live music) options
Please let me know your suggestions. Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba
- 2 Can I take alcohol?
- 3 Scrub Island Resort
- 4 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 5 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 6 Island recommendation
- 7 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 8 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 9 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 10 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 11 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 12 Family vacation for divers
- 13 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 14 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 15 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 16 Island advice plz!
- 17 Cubarinking water?
- 18 First time to PR
- 19 St. John Trip Report
- 20 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip
- 21 St Kitts' Bakery
- 22 Which Island - Family Getaway
- 23 Looking for the perfect Island in the Carribean
- 24 Coral Sands, Exuma
- 25 St. Thomas- place to stay, rental car & night cruise suggestions