I am celebrating my 30th birthday (again) in January and would love to go somewhere in the Caribbean for the first time. I will probably have 4 days, possibly 5, total for my trip and I will be coming from NYC. Please let me know if you have any suggestions based on my preferences in order of importance, with the most important first.
-Somewhere that is not overly developed and touristy
-unique hotel rooms (or homes to rent possibly) that are woven into the landscape, i.e. a hut on stilts overlooking the water, or maybe something like a treehouse? is that too much to ask for? haha - well, something along those lines...or think vernacular architecture
-horseback riding along the beach or other natural area
-someplace kind of mellow but still has some restaurant (with hopefully flavorful food) and bar/lounge (with live music) options
Please let me know your suggestions. Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.potentbodyformation.com/neurocet-reviews/
- 2 http://www.cogniqtry.com/revitasence/
- 3 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 4 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 5 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 6 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 7 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 8 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 11 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 12 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 13 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 14 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 15 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 16 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 17 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 18 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 19 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 20 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
- 21 all inclusive advice
- 22 Thinking of Grand Cayman after years in Turks and Caicos
- 23 family vaca in jamaica with teens, where to stay?
- 24 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 25 St Thomas, Curacao, St Croix or San Juan with adult kids?