I am celebrating my 30th birthday (again) in January and would love to go somewhere in the Caribbean for the first time. I will probably have 4 days, possibly 5, total for my trip and I will be coming from NYC. Please let me know if you have any suggestions based on my preferences in order of importance, with the most important first.
-Somewhere that is not overly developed and touristy
-unique hotel rooms (or homes to rent possibly) that are woven into the landscape, i.e. a hut on stilts overlooking the water, or maybe something like a treehouse? is that too much to ask for? haha - well, something along those lines...or think vernacular architecture
-horseback riding along the beach or other natural area
-someplace kind of mellow but still has some restaurant (with hopefully flavorful food) and bar/lounge (with live music) options
Please let me know your suggestions. Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 2 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 3 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 4 Birthday Celebration
- 5 DR - All inclusive
- 6 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 7 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 8 Cuba in November
- 9 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 10 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 11 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 12 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 13 Late May Trip
- 14 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 15 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Cheers to Beers!
- 18 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 19 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 20 New Years Eve / St John
- 21 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 22 Island Choice
- 23 Aruba Car Rental
- 24 If we loved Cayman...
- 25 Harbor Island ?? Anyone