I am celebrating my 30th birthday (again) in January and would love to go somewhere in the Caribbean for the first time. I will probably have 4 days, possibly 5, total for my trip and I will be coming from NYC. Please let me know if you have any suggestions based on my preferences in order of importance, with the most important first.
-Somewhere that is not overly developed and touristy
-unique hotel rooms (or homes to rent possibly) that are woven into the landscape, i.e. a hut on stilts overlooking the water, or maybe something like a treehouse? is that too much to ask for? haha - well, something along those lines...or think vernacular architecture
-horseback riding along the beach or other natural area
-someplace kind of mellow but still has some restaurant (with hopefully flavorful food) and bar/lounge (with live music) options
Please let me know your suggestions. Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Supplement for body building purpose
- 2 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 3 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 4 Cuba Opening Up
- 5 Jamaica all inclusive
- 6 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 7 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 8 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 9 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 10 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 11 Just back from The Somerset
- 12 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 13 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 14 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 15 Sandals Resorts
- 16 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 17 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 18 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 19 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 20 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 21 Cuba in 10 days
- 22 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 23 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 24 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 25 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin