I am celebrating my 30th birthday (again) in January and would love to go somewhere in the Caribbean for the first time. I will probably have 4 days, possibly 5, total for my trip and I will be coming from NYC. Please let me know if you have any suggestions based on my preferences in order of importance, with the most important first.
-Somewhere that is not overly developed and touristy
-unique hotel rooms (or homes to rent possibly) that are woven into the landscape, i.e. a hut on stilts overlooking the water, or maybe something like a treehouse? is that too much to ask for? haha - well, something along those lines...or think vernacular architecture
-horseback riding along the beach or other natural area
-someplace kind of mellow but still has some restaurant (with hopefully flavorful food) and bar/lounge (with live music) options
Please let me know your suggestions. Thank you!!
- 1 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 2 Feedback on villa rental location on St. Barths
- 3 Where to stay on Vieques
- 4 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 5 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 6 Concerns About Dominican Republic Trip
- 7 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 8 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 9 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 10 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 11 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 12 Bahamas snorkeling
- 13 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 14 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 15 Wedding Help!
- 16 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 17 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 18 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 19 Islands with great nightlife
- 20 month stay on a caribbean island
- 21 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 22 Ferry to Rum Point
- 23 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 24 Family with infants/toddlers
- 25 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI