I am celebrating my 30th birthday (again) in January and would love to go somewhere in the Caribbean for the first time. I will probably have 4 days, possibly 5, total for my trip and I will be coming from NYC. Please let me know if you have any suggestions based on my preferences in order of importance, with the most important first.
-Somewhere that is not overly developed and touristy
-unique hotel rooms (or homes to rent possibly) that are woven into the landscape, i.e. a hut on stilts overlooking the water, or maybe something like a treehouse? is that too much to ask for? haha - well, something along those lines...or think vernacular architecture
-horseback riding along the beach or other natural area
-someplace kind of mellow but still has some restaurant (with hopefully flavorful food) and bar/lounge (with live music) options
Please let me know your suggestions. Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 2 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 3 Traveling Solo
- 4 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 5 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 6 A Volcanic Paradise
- 7 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 8 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 9 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 10 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 11 St. Kitts, the details
- 12 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 13 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 14 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 15 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 16 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 17 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 18 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 19 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 20 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 21 8 TUFF MILES
- 22 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 23 1 week in San Juan
- 24 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?
- 25 St John - The East End - Aqua Bistro