I am planning to surprise my husband for his 40th birthday with a trip to the Caribbean- March 2016. We have been to Turks and Caicos & loved it. We plan on going back in July '16. I have a budget of $1,400-$1,900, plan to stay 3-4 nights, don't really care for the crazy party atmosphere, and like a relaxed environment. We love to swim, snorkel, walk on the beach, drive & enjoy the scenery, shopping, etc… We don't mind nightlife, however, we don't want a party outside our room at 1am. It doesn't have to be all inclusive as we rarely drink, I am vegan, and will probably travel with boxed pasta, spices, and purchase groceries on the island. Each time I look, the cheapest tends to be Mexico, Jamaica, and Punta Cana- all places we don't want to visit. I've been looking at St. Croix, Nevis, Anguilla, St. Martin/Marteen, Cayman Islands, St. John, Tortola, Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire. I'm not a big fan of port towns, but if we do find an island we like that has cruise ships, I hope we can stay on the opposite end of the island.
Based on the info, what do you all suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://healthpluscogni.com/claire-hydrafirm-cream/
- 2 Christmas vacation
- 3 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 4 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 5 1st time to Barbados
- 6 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 7 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 8 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 9 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 10 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 11 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 12 GTC
- 13 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 14 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 15 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 16 Cayman Islands travel report
- 17 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 18 Curacao times 2
- 19 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 20 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 21 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 22 Bermuda Travel Report
- 23 Cuba Help
- 24 Cuba via cruise
- 25 Aruba villa help desperate!