I am planning to surprise my husband for his 40th birthday with a trip to the Caribbean- March 2016. We have been to Turks and Caicos & loved it. We plan on going back in July '16. I have a budget of $1,400-$1,900, plan to stay 3-4 nights, don't really care for the crazy party atmosphere, and like a relaxed environment. We love to swim, snorkel, walk on the beach, drive & enjoy the scenery, shopping, etc… We don't mind nightlife, however, we don't want a party outside our room at 1am. It doesn't have to be all inclusive as we rarely drink, I am vegan, and will probably travel with boxed pasta, spices, and purchase groceries on the island. Each time I look, the cheapest tends to be Mexico, Jamaica, and Punta Cana- all places we don't want to visit. I've been looking at St. Croix, Nevis, Anguilla, St. Martin/Marteen, Cayman Islands, St. John, Tortola, Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire. I'm not a big fan of port towns, but if we do find an island we like that has cruise ships, I hope we can stay on the opposite end of the island.
Based on the info, what do you all suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba for 6 days
- 2 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 3 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 4 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 5 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 6 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 7 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 8 Honeymoon Help!!
- 9 Do not miss the Tahiti
- 10 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 11 when to visit barbados
- 12 Barbados Beaches
- 13 Punta Cana
- 14 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 15 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 16 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 17 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 18 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 19 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 20 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations
- 22 Trouble booking hotels!
- 23 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 24 Airport transfer PUJ
- 25 Bahama's outer island