I am planning to surprise my husband for his 40th birthday with a trip to the Caribbean- March 2016. We have been to Turks and Caicos & loved it. We plan on going back in July '16. I have a budget of $1,400-$1,900, plan to stay 3-4 nights, don't really care for the crazy party atmosphere, and like a relaxed environment. We love to swim, snorkel, walk on the beach, drive & enjoy the scenery, shopping, etc… We don't mind nightlife, however, we don't want a party outside our room at 1am. It doesn't have to be all inclusive as we rarely drink, I am vegan, and will probably travel with boxed pasta, spices, and purchase groceries on the island. Each time I look, the cheapest tends to be Mexico, Jamaica, and Punta Cana- all places we don't want to visit. I've been looking at St. Croix, Nevis, Anguilla, St. Martin/Marteen, Cayman Islands, St. John, Tortola, Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire. I'm not a big fan of port towns, but if we do find an island we like that has cruise ships, I hope we can stay on the opposite end of the island.
Based on the info, what do you all suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 BVI trip questions
- 2 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 5 aruba fun!!!
- 6 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 7 Peterson
- 8 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 9 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 10 St.Lucia newbie
- 11 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 12 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 13 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 14 Turks and caicos
- 15 Aruba weather
- 16 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 17 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 18 Turks and caicos
- 19 Cruise stop activities
- 20 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 21 Jade Mountain
- 22 Honeymoon Help!!
- 23 Bermuda
- 24 Restaurant Suggestions
- 25 Havana Cuba for 2 days