i thought I'd reach out here for some suggestions. I'm planning a honeymoon the 2nd weekend in September. My fiancee and I are getting married in Boston, we live in Los Angeles, and we have about a week to relax on a beach after the wedding. The Caribbean seems like the best option logistically, but we're obviously concerned about hurricane season. I'm looking into Trinidad and Tobago and the ABC's, (Bucuti in Aruba is on my radar) but I'm also looking for any other hidden gems that are somewhat out of the hurricane path. (I realize these may not exist, but I thought it was worth a try)
A bit about us: we're usually pretty adventurous travelers, but after all the planning and parting of the wedding we're looking for something super relaxing and low-maintenance. We're thinking: sitting on an amazing beach with a cocktail, good food, good service, possibly some outdoor excursions, not too touristy, and EASY.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 2 Trip report – 1st time in Turks & Caicos
- 3 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 4 Caribbean islands with kids in December
- 5 Best restaurants in Bermuda
- 6 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 7 Rent a villa in Jamaica
- 8 Choosing the Right Island
- 9 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 10 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 11 Hawaii or Caribbean?
- 12 Aruba help!
- 13 St Martin
- 14 Planning a three week trip
- 15 Last minute - solo, self-reflection, sun, serene
- 16 Casa Karma
- 17 Honeymoon - please help!
- 18 50 yo single women trip to Caribbean
- 19 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 20 Cuba
- 21 Negril, Jamaica resorts for young people
- 22 Cuba: February 2016
- 23 Cuba - Old Havana Travel Report
- 24 Cuba for Americans
- 25 Best Luxury Caribbean Resort