i thought I'd reach out here for some suggestions. I'm planning a honeymoon the 2nd weekend in September. My fiancee and I are getting married in Boston, we live in Los Angeles, and we have about a week to relax on a beach after the wedding. The Caribbean seems like the best option logistically, but we're obviously concerned about hurricane season. I'm looking into Trinidad and Tobago and the ABC's, (Bucuti in Aruba is on my radar) but I'm also looking for any other hidden gems that are somewhat out of the hurricane path. (I realize these may not exist, but I thought it was worth a try)
A bit about us: we're usually pretty adventurous travelers, but after all the planning and parting of the wedding we're looking for something super relaxing and low-maintenance. We're thinking: sitting on an amazing beach with a cocktail, good food, good service, possibly some outdoor excursions, not too touristy, and EASY.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 2 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 3 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 4 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 5 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 6 Looking for destination suggestions
- 7 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 8 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 9 Any suggestions??
- 10 Gustavia stay
- 11 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 12 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 13 My week in Guadeloupe
- 14 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 15 Which Island?
- 16 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 17 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 18 Freeport, Bahamas
- 19 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 20 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 21 Freeport Hotel
- 22 Nassau Bahamas and Cell Phone
- 23 Freeport Bahamas, general advice ?
- 24 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 25 First Time in the Caribbean...advise needed!