i thought I'd reach out here for some suggestions. I'm planning a honeymoon the 2nd weekend in September. My fiancee and I are getting married in Boston, we live in Los Angeles, and we have about a week to relax on a beach after the wedding. The Caribbean seems like the best option logistically, but we're obviously concerned about hurricane season. I'm looking into Trinidad and Tobago and the ABC's, (Bucuti in Aruba is on my radar) but I'm also looking for any other hidden gems that are somewhat out of the hurricane path. (I realize these may not exist, but I thought it was worth a try)
A bit about us: we're usually pretty adventurous travelers, but after all the planning and parting of the wedding we're looking for something super relaxing and low-maintenance. We're thinking: sitting on an amazing beach with a cocktail, good food, good service, possibly some outdoor excursions, not too touristy, and EASY.
Caribbean honeymoon during hurricane season
- 1 Curacao vs Puerto Rico
- 2 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 3 St. John USVI in July
- 4 Help choosing an all inclusive resort!
- 5 Where to go??
- 6 Photos from Havana and Vinales May 2013
- 7 Safety in Puerto Rico?
- 8 which month has a low heat index in Turks & Caicos
- 9 Staying in Aruba for 1 week in December
- 10 where to travel for 50th birthday with family?
- 11 Sightseeing and Lounging Islands
- 12 Sea Castle Villa Renters Beware!!
- 13 Do restaurants in Bermuda allow corkage/BYO
- 14 puerto rico cruise
- 15 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 16 Active island stay for November solo trip?
- 17 Caribbean Real Estate Jobs
- 18 Best Quaint All Inclusive Resort
- 19 Kid-Friendly All-Inclusives in Caribbean or Cancun
- 20 Recent St. Martin travelers
- 21 Resort near a town?
- 22 Which hotel should we stay at in Aruba?
- 23 Puerto Rico - too much? a.k.a will I be like a coqui hopping all over?
- 24 Freeport to Abaco, how do you do it?
- 25 Ziplines near Rincon/West Coast of Puerto Rico NOT part of a tour