i thought I'd reach out here for some suggestions. I'm planning a honeymoon the 2nd weekend in September. My fiancee and I are getting married in Boston, we live in Los Angeles, and we have about a week to relax on a beach after the wedding. The Caribbean seems like the best option logistically, but we're obviously concerned about hurricane season. I'm looking into Trinidad and Tobago and the ABC's, (Bucuti in Aruba is on my radar) but I'm also looking for any other hidden gems that are somewhat out of the hurricane path. (I realize these may not exist, but I thought it was worth a try)
A bit about us: we're usually pretty adventurous travelers, but after all the planning and parting of the wedding we're looking for something super relaxing and low-maintenance. We're thinking: sitting on an amazing beach with a cocktail, good food, good service, possibly some outdoor excursions, not too touristy, and EASY.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 kechua AOL MAIL : Te^ch SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL 24*7
- 2 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 3 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 4 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 5 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 6 Family vacation
- 7 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 8 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 9 PR or USVI
- 10 Havana Hotel
- 11 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 12 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 13 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 14 Cayman Islands Currency
- 15 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 16 Martinique June 4th - 16th
- 17 Where to rent in St. John? and other questions
- 18 What foods can be taken to Providenciales
- 19 Havana
- 20 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 21 Scrub Island Resort
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations
- 23 St. Maarten--car rental or do without?
- 24 Rental car agencies near cruise terminal in St. Maarten?
- 25 Snorkeling trip ideas