i thought I'd reach out here for some suggestions. I'm planning a honeymoon the 2nd weekend in September. My fiancee and I are getting married in Boston, we live in Los Angeles, and we have about a week to relax on a beach after the wedding. The Caribbean seems like the best option logistically, but we're obviously concerned about hurricane season. I'm looking into Trinidad and Tobago and the ABC's, (Bucuti in Aruba is on my radar) but I'm also looking for any other hidden gems that are somewhat out of the hurricane path. (I realize these may not exist, but I thought it was worth a try)
A bit about us: we're usually pretty adventurous travelers, but after all the planning and parting of the wedding we're looking for something super relaxing and low-maintenance. We're thinking: sitting on an amazing beach with a cocktail, good food, good service, possibly some outdoor excursions, not too touristy, and EASY.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurant Recommendations
- 2 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 3 Chritiansted Liquor Stores
- 4 Puerto Rico - self driving - any suggestions?
- 5 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 6 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 7 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 8 Anguilla. House to rent or swap Jan or Fec 2018
- 9 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 10 Cuba for 6 days
- 11 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 12 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 13 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 14 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 15 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 16 Honeymoon Help!!
- 17 when to visit barbados
- 18 Barbados Beaches
- 19 Punta Cana
- 20 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 21 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 22 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 23 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 24 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 25 Havana City Walk - Travel Report