i thought I'd reach out here for some suggestions. I'm planning a honeymoon the 2nd weekend in September. My fiancee and I are getting married in Boston, we live in Los Angeles, and we have about a week to relax on a beach after the wedding. The Caribbean seems like the best option logistically, but we're obviously concerned about hurricane season. I'm looking into Trinidad and Tobago and the ABC's, (Bucuti in Aruba is on my radar) but I'm also looking for any other hidden gems that are somewhat out of the hurricane path. (I realize these may not exist, but I thought it was worth a try)
A bit about us: we're usually pretty adventurous travelers, but after all the planning and parting of the wedding we're looking for something super relaxing and low-maintenance. We're thinking: sitting on an amazing beach with a cocktail, good food, good service, possibly some outdoor excursions, not too touristy, and EASY.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Croix
- 2 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 3 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 4 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 5 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 6 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 7 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 8 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 9 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 10 Island Hopping
- 11 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 12 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 13 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Havana restaurants
- 16 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 17 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort
- 18 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 19 What area of T&C to stay in?
- 20 Playa del Carmen vs. Negril vs. Other
- 21 Getting away in June
- 22 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 23 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!
- 24 A Week In Cuba
- 25 celebrating husband's 50th birthday AI suggestions needed