i thought I'd reach out here for some suggestions. I'm planning a honeymoon the 2nd weekend in September. My fiancee and I are getting married in Boston, we live in Los Angeles, and we have about a week to relax on a beach after the wedding. The Caribbean seems like the best option logistically, but we're obviously concerned about hurricane season. I'm looking into Trinidad and Tobago and the ABC's, (Bucuti in Aruba is on my radar) but I'm also looking for any other hidden gems that are somewhat out of the hurricane path. (I realize these may not exist, but I thought it was worth a try)
A bit about us: we're usually pretty adventurous travelers, but after all the planning and parting of the wedding we're looking for something super relaxing and low-maintenance. We're thinking: sitting on an amazing beach with a cocktail, good food, good service, possibly some outdoor excursions, not too touristy, and EASY.
Caribbean honeymoon during hurricane season
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 2 Cupecoy Beach
- 3 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 4 Vacation Ideas
- 5 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 6 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 7 Carry on size Bahamas
- 8 St John March, where to stay
- 9 The right adults-only resort
- 10 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 11 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 12 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 13 Tips for bahamas
- 14 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 15 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 16 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 17 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 18 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 19 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 20 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 21 walkable hotels
- 22 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 23 Back from San Juan
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?