i thought I'd reach out here for some suggestions. I'm planning a honeymoon the 2nd weekend in September. My fiancee and I are getting married in Boston, we live in Los Angeles, and we have about a week to relax on a beach after the wedding. The Caribbean seems like the best option logistically, but we're obviously concerned about hurricane season. I'm looking into Trinidad and Tobago and the ABC's, (Bucuti in Aruba is on my radar) but I'm also looking for any other hidden gems that are somewhat out of the hurricane path. (I realize these may not exist, but I thought it was worth a try)
A bit about us: we're usually pretty adventurous travelers, but after all the planning and parting of the wedding we're looking for something super relaxing and low-maintenance. We're thinking: sitting on an amazing beach with a cocktail, good food, good service, possibly some outdoor excursions, not too touristy, and EASY.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 2 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 3 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 4 Family of 5 undecided island
- 5 Christmas 2017
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 Honeymoon Help!!
- 8 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 9 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 10 All inclusive
- 11 BVI trip questions
- 12 DR vs. Mexico
- 13 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 14 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 15 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 16 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 17 family resort ideas?
- 18 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 19 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 20 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 21 First time to Puerto Rico
- 22 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 23 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 24 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 25 Cuba with preschooler in April