i thought I'd reach out here for some suggestions. I'm planning a honeymoon the 2nd weekend in September. My fiancee and I are getting married in Boston, we live in Los Angeles, and we have about a week to relax on a beach after the wedding. The Caribbean seems like the best option logistically, but we're obviously concerned about hurricane season. I'm looking into Trinidad and Tobago and the ABC's, (Bucuti in Aruba is on my radar) but I'm also looking for any other hidden gems that are somewhat out of the hurricane path. (I realize these may not exist, but I thought it was worth a try)
A bit about us: we're usually pretty adventurous travelers, but after all the planning and parting of the wedding we're looking for something super relaxing and low-maintenance. We're thinking: sitting on an amazing beach with a cocktail, good food, good service, possibly some outdoor excursions, not too touristy, and EASY.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamaica with two 23 yr old young men
- 2 Cuba
- 3 My New Life !
- 4 Accomodation and transport in Eleuthera, Bahamas
- 5 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 6 Jamaica
- 7 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 8 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 9 Help me to pick an island
- 10 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 11 Caribbean Real Estate Jobs
- 12 Virgin Islands Itinerary: Safety and other concerns
- 13 When to go to El Yunque
- 14 Honeymoon Advice
- 15 DAY 15 - FINAL DAY IN PUNTA CANA, LONDON, BACK HOME RIGA
- 16 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 17 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 18 Conference in Cuba in February
- 19 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 20 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 21 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 22 Small boat excursion
- 23 Overwhelmed....
- 24 Can you tell me where?
- 25 bareboat sailing tips in bvi