i thought I'd reach out here for some suggestions. I'm planning a honeymoon the 2nd weekend in September. My fiancee and I are getting married in Boston, we live in Los Angeles, and we have about a week to relax on a beach after the wedding. The Caribbean seems like the best option logistically, but we're obviously concerned about hurricane season. I'm looking into Trinidad and Tobago and the ABC's, (Bucuti in Aruba is on my radar) but I'm also looking for any other hidden gems that are somewhat out of the hurricane path. (I realize these may not exist, but I thought it was worth a try)
A bit about us: we're usually pretty adventurous travelers, but after all the planning and parting of the wedding we're looking for something super relaxing and low-maintenance. We're thinking: sitting on an amazing beach with a cocktail, good food, good service, possibly some outdoor excursions, not too touristy, and EASY.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 2 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 3 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 4 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 5 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 6 Cuba in November
- 7 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 8 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 9 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 10 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 11 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 12 Tennis in Aruba question
- 13 christmas in the caribbean
- 14 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 15 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 16 Guadeloupe - January 2017
- 17 Marriott Courtyard Junkanoo Beach Nassau
- 18 Jamaica
- 19 Money in Jamaica
- 20 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 21 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 22 Where to stay on the Gold Coast
- 23 Atlantis in Nassau
- 24 Off Beaten Path from Atlantis
- 25 10 Great Days in Guadeloupe