i thought I'd reach out here for some suggestions. I'm planning a honeymoon the 2nd weekend in September. My fiancee and I are getting married in Boston, we live in Los Angeles, and we have about a week to relax on a beach after the wedding. The Caribbean seems like the best option logistically, but we're obviously concerned about hurricane season. I'm looking into Trinidad and Tobago and the ABC's, (Bucuti in Aruba is on my radar) but I'm also looking for any other hidden gems that are somewhat out of the hurricane path. (I realize these may not exist, but I thought it was worth a try)
A bit about us: we're usually pretty adventurous travelers, but after all the planning and parting of the wedding we're looking for something super relaxing and low-maintenance. We're thinking: sitting on an amazing beach with a cocktail, good food, good service, possibly some outdoor excursions, not too touristy, and EASY.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Month travel ideas
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Cuba weather in March
- 4 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 5 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 6 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 7 aruba planning advice
- 8 Move to grand cayman
- 9 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 10 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 11 Malaria Punta Cana
- 12 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 13 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 14 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 15 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 16 New Destination
- 17 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 18 Bahamas help
- 19 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 20 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 21 Vacation suggestion, please
- 22 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 23 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 24 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 25 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba