I need some help with this one. I'd like to book a trip to the caribbean for my family of 6 (myself, wife, 4 kids, 12,9,4,2).
We've been to:
punta cana( beautiful but probably my least favorite destination...nothing to do off resort)
Playa del Carmen (everyone loved it!!!! Nice beaches, lots to do off resort.
St thomas/ St. John( loved it but don't think it would be good for little ones ....too much car/ferry time...everything too spread out.)
What we're looking for ideally:
1. 10 days
2. Nice beach(given)
3. Rental( we love our kids but 10 days in the same room won't work hahaha so I guess resorts are out) a villa with a pool would be best that way when kids want to go to pool, we can cook while keeping an eye on them.
4. Somewhere safe
5. Car rental ( love exploring)
6. Things family/kids/adults can do besides beach(we'll obviously do the beach but other activities would be good).
Restaurants not a big deal...mostly cooking in.
I was thinking aruba or grand cayman might fit that bill but it seems aruba has mostly high rise rentals and grand cayman might be a little boring for kids.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated on any islands you think might work...no resort for us is a big deal...villa only!!
Budget: 20k total(plane tix, villa, car, food, activities etc...)
We'd like to fly direct from boston or minimal (1) layover. Little ones hate long flights!!!! Hahaha
Thank you , I look forward to your advice
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Swimming Pigs
- 4 Month travel ideas
- 5 Cuba weather in March
- 6 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 7 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 8 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 9 aruba planning advice
- 10 Move to grand cayman
- 11 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 12 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 13 Malaria Punta Cana
- 14 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 15 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 16 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 17 New Destination
- 18 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 19 Bahamas help
- 20 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 21 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 22 Vacation suggestion, please
- 23 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 24 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 25 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!