I need some help with this one. I'd like to book a trip to the caribbean for my family of 6 (myself, wife, 4 kids, 12,9,4,2).
We've been to:
punta cana( beautiful but probably my least favorite destination...nothing to do off resort)
Playa del Carmen (everyone loved it!!!! Nice beaches, lots to do off resort.
St thomas/ St. John( loved it but don't think it would be good for little ones ....too much car/ferry time...everything too spread out.)
What we're looking for ideally:
1. 10 days
2. Nice beach(given)
3. Rental( we love our kids but 10 days in the same room won't work hahaha so I guess resorts are out) a villa with a pool would be best that way when kids want to go to pool, we can cook while keeping an eye on them.
4. Somewhere safe
5. Car rental ( love exploring)
6. Things family/kids/adults can do besides beach(we'll obviously do the beach but other activities would be good).
Restaurants not a big deal...mostly cooking in.
I was thinking aruba or grand cayman might fit that bill but it seems aruba has mostly high rise rentals and grand cayman might be a little boring for kids.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated on any islands you think might work...no resort for us is a big deal...villa only!!
Budget: 20k total(plane tix, villa, car, food, activities etc...)
We'd like to fly direct from boston or minimal (1) layover. Little ones hate long flights!!!! Hahaha
Thank you , I look forward to your advice
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurant Recommendations
- 2 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 3 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 4 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 5 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 6 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 7 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 8 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 9 40 min layover in CLT
- 10 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 11 Atlantis 1 day
- 12 Atlantis on a budget
- 13 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 14 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 15 St. Barts
- 16 Buses in Aruba
- 17 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 18 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 19 Stingray City Tour
- 20 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 21 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 22 Bahama's outer island
- 23 Living permanently in the Caribbean
- 24 Family Caribbean vacation in the spring
- 25 Cuba | Havana,Varadero 2017