I need some help with this one. I'd like to book a trip to the caribbean for my family of 6 (myself, wife, 4 kids, 12,9,4,2).
We've been to:
punta cana( beautiful but probably my least favorite destination...nothing to do off resort)
Playa del Carmen (everyone loved it!!!! Nice beaches, lots to do off resort.
St thomas/ St. John( loved it but don't think it would be good for little ones ....too much car/ferry time...everything too spread out.)
What we're looking for ideally:
1. 10 days
2. Nice beach(given)
3. Rental( we love our kids but 10 days in the same room won't work hahaha so I guess resorts are out) a villa with a pool would be best that way when kids want to go to pool, we can cook while keeping an eye on them.
4. Somewhere safe
5. Car rental ( love exploring)
6. Things family/kids/adults can do besides beach(we'll obviously do the beach but other activities would be good).
Restaurants not a big deal...mostly cooking in.
I was thinking aruba or grand cayman might fit that bill but it seems aruba has mostly high rise rentals and grand cayman might be a little boring for kids.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated on any islands you think might work...no resort for us is a big deal...villa only!!
Budget: 20k total(plane tix, villa, car, food, activities etc...)
We'd like to fly direct from boston or minimal (1) layover. Little ones hate long flights!!!! Hahaha
Thank you , I look forward to your advice
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 2 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 3 Great snorkeling, on the beach hotel
- 4 Ideal wedding island
- 5 Help with small wedding location
- 6 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 8 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 9 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 10 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 11 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 12 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 13 St. Croix
- 14 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 15 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 16 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 17 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 18 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 19 Island Hopping
- 20 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 21 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 22 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Havana restaurants
- 25 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion