We are traveling to Virgin Islands this week. For the first 3 nights we will be staying at Marriot Morningstar on St. Thomas. On day 1, I would only need transportation from airport to the hotel. However I expect to spend next two days on St. John, returning to St.Thomas in the evening. I would want to have my own car/transportation on St. John. Is it easy to rent car/jeep at Cruz bay ferry terminal on St John? Or should I rent car on St. Thomas and just ferry it to St John? My concern with ferrying car between St. Thomas and St. John is that I would need drive to Red Hook to catch a car ferry and the last car ferry leaves Cruz Bay for Red Hook early in the evening. If we miss it, we would be stuck at St John.
Also, on day 4 we would leave St Thomas for Tortola for a few days and finally return to St Thomas to catch our flight. I assume I wouldn't be able to take my rental car from St Thomas to Tortola. Is a rental car easily available at West End ferry terminal on Tortola?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 Peterson
- 4 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 5 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 6 St.Lucia newbie
- 7 aruba fun!!!
- 8 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 9 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 10 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 11 Turks and caicos
- 12 Aruba weather
- 13 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 14 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 15 Turks and caicos
- 16 Cruise stop activities
- 17 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 18 Jade Mountain
- 19 Honeymoon Help!!
- 20 Bermuda
- 21 Restaurant Suggestions
- 22 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 23 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 24 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 25 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?