We are traveling to Virgin Islands this week. For the first 3 nights we will be staying at Marriot Morningstar on St. Thomas. On day 1, I would only need transportation from airport to the hotel. However I expect to spend next two days on St. John, returning to St.Thomas in the evening. I would want to have my own car/transportation on St. John. Is it easy to rent car/jeep at Cruz bay ferry terminal on St John? Or should I rent car on St. Thomas and just ferry it to St John? My concern with ferrying car between St. Thomas and St. John is that I would need drive to Red Hook to catch a car ferry and the last car ferry leaves Cruz Bay for Red Hook early in the evening. If we miss it, we would be stuck at St John.
Also, on day 4 we would leave St Thomas for Tortola for a few days and finally return to St Thomas to catch our flight. I assume I wouldn't be able to take my rental car from St Thomas to Tortola. Is a rental car easily available at West End ferry terminal on Tortola?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 2 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 3 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 4 Bahamas help
- 5 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 6 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 7 Vacation suggestion, please
- 8 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 9 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 10 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 11 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 12 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 13 New Destination
- 14 aruba planning advice
- 15 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 16 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 17 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 18 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 19 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 20 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 21 Barbados Beaches
- 22 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 23 Peterson
- 24 Cuba weather in March
- 25 Puerto Rico Itinerary help