We are traveling to Virgin Islands this week. For the first 3 nights we will be staying at Marriot Morningstar on St. Thomas. On day 1, I would only need transportation from airport to the hotel. However I expect to spend next two days on St. John, returning to St.Thomas in the evening. I would want to have my own car/transportation on St. John. Is it easy to rent car/jeep at Cruz bay ferry terminal on St John? Or should I rent car on St. Thomas and just ferry it to St John? My concern with ferrying car between St. Thomas and St. John is that I would need drive to Red Hook to catch a car ferry and the last car ferry leaves Cruz Bay for Red Hook early in the evening. If we miss it, we would be stuck at St John.
Also, on day 4 we would leave St Thomas for Tortola for a few days and finally return to St Thomas to catch our flight. I assume I wouldn't be able to take my rental car from St Thomas to Tortola. Is a rental car easily available at West End ferry terminal on Tortola?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba via cruise
- 2 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 3 Is everything open on elbow cay in early nov?
- 4 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 5 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 6 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 7 Cuba Help
- 8 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 9 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 10 Living in the Caribbean
- 11 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 12 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 13 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 14 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 15 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 16 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 17 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 18 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 19 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 20 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 21 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 22 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 23 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 24 St. Croix
- 25 St Kitts & Irma