I'm asking your help - again. I'm planning that get-the-hell-out-of-New-York-in-Februrary trip and I need some direction.
Looking for nice beaches, waves are ok, we like body surfing. Would like to do some snorkeling. Would like to be beachfront, have some kitchen or kitchenette option. Would like to be able to walk to restaurants and shops. We also LOVE using public transportation - so a bus system would be nice. We're not really All-Inclusive kinds of people. And we're not into the real commercial, Cancun thing.
It's just the two of us, 50ish, pretty good shape for hiking and such. Would like to stay @ $200-300/nt for accommodations but could go as high as $400 if the suggestion is perfect. We're not fancy but this is a vacation we've worked hard for, so, not too rustic, please. Looking to go early or late February, so to miss President's Day/Winter Break time.
We've been to St John (9.5), St Thomas (8.0), Curacao (9.0), Costa Rica (9.5), St Martin (more than 20 years ago - 9.5), Cancun (6.5), Puerto Rico (3X - 9.0) and on a cruise (5.0, bleck) we saw Belize (8.5), Grand Cayman (8.5), Rotan (9.0) and Cozemel (8.0) for very short, not very in-depth visits.
Tired of reading, yet? I think that covers all the particulars but if you have questions please ask.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 2 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 3 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 4 Family of 5 undecided island
- 5 Christmas 2017
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 Honeymoon Help!!
- 8 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 9 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 10 All inclusive
- 11 BVI trip questions
- 12 DR vs. Mexico
- 13 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 14 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 15 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 16 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 17 family resort ideas?
- 18 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 19 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 20 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 21 First time to Puerto Rico
- 22 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 23 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 24 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 25 Cuba with preschooler in April