The more research I do, the more confused I get. Our dream trip is St. Barth, but... it's so expensive and hard to get there. We have 6 nights (leaving our kids for the first time), flying from Denver (only nonstops are to Jamaica and DR). We've been to Jamaica and I love the topography there, but want somewhere safer for exploring and friendly people. We like snorkeling, islands that have hills or mountains, gorgeous Caribbean water, a little live music (calypso, etc), good food, not into chain restaurants and some shopping would be nice but not a priority. Went to Barbados when I was 19 (now 41) and loved the live music there. Loved the beaches on Turks & Caicos but the island is a little flat for my taste. St. Lucia is gorgeous but the beaches aren't the best. Considering Antigua, Barbados, Anguilla....
Can you help me pick an island?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay on Vieques
- 2 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 3 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 4 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 5 month stay on a caribbean island
- 6 Ferry to Rum Point
- 7 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 8 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 9 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 10 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 11 Islands with great nightlife
- 12 Family with infants/toddlers
- 13 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 14 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 15 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 16 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 17 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 18 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 19 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 20 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 21 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 22 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 23 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 24 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 25 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?