The more research I do, the more confused I get. Our dream trip is St. Barth, but... it's so expensive and hard to get there. We have 6 nights (leaving our kids for the first time), flying from Denver (only nonstops are to Jamaica and DR). We've been to Jamaica and I love the topography there, but want somewhere safer for exploring and friendly people. We like snorkeling, islands that have hills or mountains, gorgeous Caribbean water, a little live music (calypso, etc), good food, not into chain restaurants and some shopping would be nice but not a priority. Went to Barbados when I was 19 (now 41) and loved the live music there. Loved the beaches on Turks & Caicos but the island is a little flat for my taste. St. Lucia is gorgeous but the beaches aren't the best. Considering Antigua, Barbados, Anguilla....
Can you help me pick an island?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 2 things to do in Nassau
- 3 Which Island?
- 4 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 5 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 6 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 7 St. John USVI
- 8 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 9 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 10 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 11 Best island for early to mid November
- 12 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 13 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 14 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 15 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 16 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 17 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 18 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 21 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?
- 22 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 23 Best Starwood (Westin/Sheraton/St. Regis) Resort for Families??
- 24 Cuba in 10 days
- 25 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???