My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. In VRBO it was advertised 24 hour security and a 15 minute walk to Cabarete. The 24 hour security starts at 6:00 pm and most nights you could find him sleeping, the rest of the day there is a pool boy and a housekeeper. The walk is 1 hour on the beach and 45-50 minutes on the road. This area is surrounded by bankrupt all-inclusives and is very dark and dangerous. After contacting the Canadian Consulate we realize just how dangerous the Dominican Republic is. My husband almost died on the way to the hospital, the condo's security guard ran the other way even after my husband pleaded for help. I tried to put a review on VRBO warning people of this condo unit and they would not put my review on. My husband and I are very concerned for vacationers staying in this area.
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 2 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 3 Traveling Solo
- 4 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 5 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 6 A Volcanic Paradise
- 7 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 8 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 9 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 10 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 11 St. Kitts, the details
- 12 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 13 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 14 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 15 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 16 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 17 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 18 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 19 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 20 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 21 8 TUFF MILES
- 22 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 23 1 week in San Juan
- 24 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?
- 25 St John - The East End - Aqua Bistro