My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. In VRBO it was advertised 24 hour security and a 15 minute walk to Cabarete. The 24 hour security starts at 6:00 pm and most nights you could find him sleeping, the rest of the day there is a pool boy and a housekeeper. The walk is 1 hour on the beach and 45-50 minutes on the road. This area is surrounded by bankrupt all-inclusives and is very dark and dangerous. After contacting the Canadian Consulate we realize just how dangerous the Dominican Republic is. My husband almost died on the way to the hospital, the condo's security guard ran the other way even after my husband pleaded for help. I tried to put a review on VRBO warning people of this condo unit and they would not put my review on. My husband and I are very concerned for vacationers staying in this area.
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
- 1 St. Thomas - Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Mariott Beach Resort
- 2 IGA Store in walking distance from the Alexandria Resort
- 3 Which island to visit???
- 4 Looking for cheap place to stay during augustus-oktober 2013
- 5 May 2013 Honeymoon
- 6 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 7 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 8 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 9 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 10 Best place for a massage in Anguilla?
- 11 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 12 Bermuda Trip
- 13 quiet and relaxing
- 14 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 15 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 16 St.Thomas St. John
- 17 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 18 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 19 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 20 June vacation trip for guys
- 21 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 22 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 23 Honeymoon Help!
- 24 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 25 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?