My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. In VRBO it was advertised 24 hour security and a 15 minute walk to Cabarete. The 24 hour security starts at 6:00 pm and most nights you could find him sleeping, the rest of the day there is a pool boy and a housekeeper. The walk is 1 hour on the beach and 45-50 minutes on the road. This area is surrounded by bankrupt all-inclusives and is very dark and dangerous. After contacting the Canadian Consulate we realize just how dangerous the Dominican Republic is. My husband almost died on the way to the hospital, the condo's security guard ran the other way even after my husband pleaded for help. I tried to put a review on VRBO warning people of this condo unit and they would not put my review on. My husband and I are very concerned for vacationers staying in this area.
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 2 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 3 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 4 Florida or caribbean
- 5 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 6 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 7 Money in Jamaica
- 8 Death in Paradise
- 9 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 10 50+ where to dance?
- 11 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 12 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 13 dominican republic
- 14 Summer family vacation
- 15 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 16 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 17 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 18 St Martin
- 19 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 20 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 21 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 22 Resort villa suggestions
- 23 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 24 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 25 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??