My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. In VRBO it was advertised 24 hour security and a 15 minute walk to Cabarete. The 24 hour security starts at 6:00 pm and most nights you could find him sleeping, the rest of the day there is a pool boy and a housekeeper. The walk is 1 hour on the beach and 45-50 minutes on the road. This area is surrounded by bankrupt all-inclusives and is very dark and dangerous. After contacting the Canadian Consulate we realize just how dangerous the Dominican Republic is. My husband almost died on the way to the hospital, the condo's security guard ran the other way even after my husband pleaded for help. I tried to put a review on VRBO warning people of this condo unit and they would not put my review on. My husband and I are very concerned for vacationers staying in this area.
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
- 1 June vacation trip for guys
- 2 St.Thomas St. John
- 3 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 4 Which island to visit???
- 5 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 6 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 7 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 8 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 9 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 10 Honeymoon Help!
- 11 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 12 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 13 Grand Cayman
- 14 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 15 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 16 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 17 Honeymoon - St. Lucia, Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- 18 Sisters trip can't seem to narrow down
- 19 quiet and relaxing
- 20 Dress Code - Little Dix Bay
- 21 Scam & Fraud in Cancun / Mexico = Watch Out For Mayan Palace!!
- 22 Planning a Thanksgiving 2013 Honeymoon- Caribbean or Mexico?
- 23 All Inclusive for small children?
- 24 Private tours in Jamaica
- 25 Harbor Condos from VRBO