First timer here on Fodors, but I found a topic recently addressing a similar concern, so I thought I would reach out for help. My fiancee and I are currently trying to plan our honeymoon, and are getting a little overwhelmed with all the options out there. We definitely want to stay in the caribbean, and after reading up and looking through some pictures, I have fallen in love with the British Virgin Islands (specifically Virgin Gorda). Here is where we are stuck, and where I would like to enlist some help, so let me first start by explaining kinda what we are looking for as well as our budget.
Ideally, we would like somewhere that offers both beautiful beaches where we can lounge, but also amazing day-trips where we can explore/ sight-see the wonders of the islands. This latter part led me to thoroughly consider Dominica, but it just did not have much in the way of a beach, so I got a veto from my fiancee. Recently, I have started considering the BVI b/c they have beautiful beaches, and there also seems to be some really cool places to check out (The Baths, Norman Island Caves, and probably tons of others); however, BVI tends to run a little pricey. After browsing the forum, I found a topic from a little while back about renting a private home/villa instead of doing a resort, and this seems like a great option for my fiancee and I since we both love to cook, really like to immerse ourselves in places we travel, and also are on a pretty tight budget.
So, our trip date is sometime between December 20 - January 4th, 2015 (1 week total somewhere in there).
Our budget is $5,000, including air-fare (out of Florida, so that should be reasonable).
I would love suggestions on either places in BVI that others have stayed at/ enjoyed that are within our budget, or maybe some other islands/resorts that could accommodate both of our travel musts, while staying within our budget. Again, this could be at a resort, or a private villa.
I appreciate any help anyone can offer!!! Thanks a million!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 HOTMAIL@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 3 Upcoming Cuba trip- 12 days
- 4 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 5 Best weather/where to travel early November?!
- 6 Changes to travel US-Cuba
- 7 No Mold - Family Friendly Place to Stay?
- 8 Girls' trip, after Anguilla
- 9 Grace Bay-where to stay
- 10 what island to go to Feb 2018)
- 11 Hiking in St. John
- 12 Reefs vs Fairmont Southampton?
- 13 Where to go - March/April 2018?
- 14 Honeymoon in October/November! Help!
- 15 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 16 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 17 Where in DR?
- 18 Honeymoon
- 19 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 20 Curacao times 2
- 21 Help us choose a caribbean location!
- 22 Barbados
- 23 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 24 Young Couple Looking for a beach/villa/nightlife
- 25 Help with August trip ideas