First timer here on Fodors, but I found a topic recently addressing a similar concern, so I thought I would reach out for help. My fiancee and I are currently trying to plan our honeymoon, and are getting a little overwhelmed with all the options out there. We definitely want to stay in the caribbean, and after reading up and looking through some pictures, I have fallen in love with the British Virgin Islands (specifically Virgin Gorda). Here is where we are stuck, and where I would like to enlist some help, so let me first start by explaining kinda what we are looking for as well as our budget.
Ideally, we would like somewhere that offers both beautiful beaches where we can lounge, but also amazing day-trips where we can explore/ sight-see the wonders of the islands. This latter part led me to thoroughly consider Dominica, but it just did not have much in the way of a beach, so I got a veto from my fiancee. Recently, I have started considering the BVI b/c they have beautiful beaches, and there also seems to be some really cool places to check out (The Baths, Norman Island Caves, and probably tons of others); however, BVI tends to run a little pricey. After browsing the forum, I found a topic from a little while back about renting a private home/villa instead of doing a resort, and this seems like a great option for my fiancee and I since we both love to cook, really like to immerse ourselves in places we travel, and also are on a pretty tight budget.
So, our trip date is sometime between December 20 - January 4th, 2015 (1 week total somewhere in there).
Our budget is $5,000, including air-fare (out of Florida, so that should be reasonable).
I would love suggestions on either places in BVI that others have stayed at/ enjoyed that are within our budget, or maybe some other islands/resorts that could accommodate both of our travel musts, while staying within our budget. Again, this could be at a resort, or a private villa.
I appreciate any help anyone can offer!!! Thanks a million!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Purchase Real Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards,Visas,
- 2 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 3 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 4 Ideal wedding island
- 5 Help with small wedding location
- 6 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 8 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 9 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 10 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 11 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 12 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 13 St. Croix
- 14 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 15 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 16 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 17 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 18 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 19 Island Hopping
- 20 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 21 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 22 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Havana restaurants
- 25 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion