First timer here on Fodors, but I found a topic recently addressing a similar concern, so I thought I would reach out for help. My fiancee and I are currently trying to plan our honeymoon, and are getting a little overwhelmed with all the options out there. We definitely want to stay in the caribbean, and after reading up and looking through some pictures, I have fallen in love with the British Virgin Islands (specifically Virgin Gorda). Here is where we are stuck, and where I would like to enlist some help, so let me first start by explaining kinda what we are looking for as well as our budget.
Ideally, we would like somewhere that offers both beautiful beaches where we can lounge, but also amazing day-trips where we can explore/ sight-see the wonders of the islands. This latter part led me to thoroughly consider Dominica, but it just did not have much in the way of a beach, so I got a veto from my fiancee. Recently, I have started considering the BVI b/c they have beautiful beaches, and there also seems to be some really cool places to check out (The Baths, Norman Island Caves, and probably tons of others); however, BVI tends to run a little pricey. After browsing the forum, I found a topic from a little while back about renting a private home/villa instead of doing a resort, and this seems like a great option for my fiancee and I since we both love to cook, really like to immerse ourselves in places we travel, and also are on a pretty tight budget.
So, our trip date is sometime between December 20 - January 4th, 2015 (1 week total somewhere in there).
Our budget is $5,000, including air-fare (out of Florida, so that should be reasonable).
I would love suggestions on either places in BVI that others have stayed at/ enjoyed that are within our budget, or maybe some other islands/resorts that could accommodate both of our travel musts, while staying within our budget. Again, this could be at a resort, or a private villa.
I appreciate any help anyone can offer!!! Thanks a million!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 BINGO BINGO*** YAHOO 1+800+54O**683O MAIL%%% TEC****SUPPOT
- 2 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 3 importing pets to sxm
- 4 Charter transfer boat from SXM to SBH?
- 5 Restaurant Recommendations
- 6 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 7 St. Barts
- 8 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 9 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 10 PR or USVI
- 11 Which Caribbean island?
- 12 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 13 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 14 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 15 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 16 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 17 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 5 days in Havana
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 21 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 22 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 23 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 24 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 25 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary