First timer here on Fodors, but I found a topic recently addressing a similar concern, so I thought I would reach out for help. My fiancee and I are currently trying to plan our honeymoon, and are getting a little overwhelmed with all the options out there. We definitely want to stay in the caribbean, and after reading up and looking through some pictures, I have fallen in love with the British Virgin Islands (specifically Virgin Gorda). Here is where we are stuck, and where I would like to enlist some help, so let me first start by explaining kinda what we are looking for as well as our budget.
Ideally, we would like somewhere that offers both beautiful beaches where we can lounge, but also amazing day-trips where we can explore/ sight-see the wonders of the islands. This latter part led me to thoroughly consider Dominica, but it just did not have much in the way of a beach, so I got a veto from my fiancee. Recently, I have started considering the BVI b/c they have beautiful beaches, and there also seems to be some really cool places to check out (The Baths, Norman Island Caves, and probably tons of others); however, BVI tends to run a little pricey. After browsing the forum, I found a topic from a little while back about renting a private home/villa instead of doing a resort, and this seems like a great option for my fiancee and I since we both love to cook, really like to immerse ourselves in places we travel, and also are on a pretty tight budget.
So, our trip date is sometime between December 20 - January 4th, 2015 (1 week total somewhere in there).
Our budget is $5,000, including air-fare (out of Florida, so that should be reasonable).
I would love suggestions on either places in BVI that others have stayed at/ enjoyed that are within our budget, or maybe some other islands/resorts that could accommodate both of our travel musts, while staying within our budget. Again, this could be at a resort, or a private villa.
I appreciate any help anyone can offer!!! Thanks a million!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://infosupplement.com/healthy-gc-pro-reviews
- 2 Bahamas help
- 3 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 4 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 5 Vacation suggestion, please
- 6 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 7 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 8 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 9 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 10 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 11 New Destination
- 12 aruba planning advice
- 13 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 14 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 15 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 16 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 17 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 18 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 19 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 20 Barbados Beaches
- 21 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 22 Peterson
- 23 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 24 Cuba weather in March
- 25 Puerto Rico Itinerary help