I am going back to Barbados and looking for a less expensive place to stay. I'm currently unemployed, so trying to keep it affordable but still comfortable. It will be my husband & I, 5 days probably. Last time we stayed in a great apartment in the Gap and the location was convenient for us, we enjoyed having both living & bed rooms + a kitchen. There was a pool, it overlooked the ocean & noise from the bars wasn't noticeable. It is available again for $220 (low season rate, tax included) but looking at some of the hotels in the area, it seems I could get something comparable for $50-75 less a night. Anyone have any suggestions? Wifi, pool, kitchenette desirable. We will have a car so a great beach isn't necessary (but should have water views). Blue Orchids Beach Hotel was one that looked good. Anyone stayed there recently? South Gap was another but some reviews mentioned noise from the karaoke bar. Also looked at Rostrevor. Any input appreciated.
Budget Barbados accommodations
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 2 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 3 USVI St John trip with kids and Westin St John stay
- 4 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 5 Honeymoon Destination
- 6 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 7 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 8 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 9 shore excursions
- 10 just be careful
- 11 Restaurants in Aruba
- 12 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 13 Snorkeling
- 14 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 15 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 16 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 17 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 18 Bahamas girls trip
- 19 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 20 Safe for Family
- 21 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 22 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 23 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 24 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 25 Curacao vs Barbados