I am going back to Barbados and looking for a less expensive place to stay. I'm currently unemployed, so trying to keep it affordable but still comfortable. It will be my husband & I, 5 days probably. Last time we stayed in a great apartment in the Gap and the location was convenient for us, we enjoyed having both living & bed rooms + a kitchen. There was a pool, it overlooked the ocean & noise from the bars wasn't noticeable. It is available again for $220 (low season rate, tax included) but looking at some of the hotels in the area, it seems I could get something comparable for $50-75 less a night. Anyone have any suggestions? Wifi, pool, kitchenette desirable. We will have a car so a great beach isn't necessary (but should have water views). Blue Orchids Beach Hotel was one that looked good. Anyone stayed there recently? South Gap was another but some reviews mentioned noise from the karaoke bar. Also looked at Rostrevor. Any input appreciated.
Budget Barbados accommodations
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Death in Paradise
- 2 Money in Jamaica
- 3 Florida or caribbean
- 4 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 5 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 6 50+ where to dance?
- 7 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 8 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 9 dominican republic
- 10 Summer family vacation
- 11 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 12 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 13 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 14 St Martin
- 15 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 16 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 17 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 18 Resort villa suggestions
- 19 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 20 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 21 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 22 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 23 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 24 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 25 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's