I am going back to Barbados and looking for a less expensive place to stay. I'm currently unemployed, so trying to keep it affordable but still comfortable. It will be my husband & I, 5 days probably. Last time we stayed in a great apartment in the Gap and the location was convenient for us, we enjoyed having both living & bed rooms + a kitchen. There was a pool, it overlooked the ocean & noise from the bars wasn't noticeable. It is available again for $220 (low season rate, tax included) but looking at some of the hotels in the area, it seems I could get something comparable for $50-75 less a night. Anyone have any suggestions? Wifi, pool, kitchenette desirable. We will have a car so a great beach isn't necessary (but should have water views). Blue Orchids Beach Hotel was one that looked good. Anyone stayed there recently? South Gap was another but some reviews mentioned noise from the karaoke bar. Also looked at Rostrevor. Any input appreciated.
Budget Barbados accommodations
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best island for a villa rental
- 2 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 3 Where to stay on Vieques
- 4 Best island for family of 5 (kids-21,18,16) end of June/early July?
- 5 BUSINESSES FOR SALE
- 6 St. Croix and sea grass
- 7 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 8 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 9 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 10 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 11 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 12 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 13 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 14 Tipping at AI
- 15 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 16 Traveling Solo
- 17 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 18 A Volcanic Paradise
- 19 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 20 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 21 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 22 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 23 St. Kitts, the details
- 24 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 25 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?