We are a family of 4 and planning our first ever trip to Caribbean. We may be able to take a vacation end of this month (July) and are thinking about either British Virgin Islands or USVI. We are interested mainly in relaxing on the beach and sticking to a comfortable resort. Now I have read that Jun 1 to Nov 30 is considered low season due to risk of storms/hurricanes. On other hand, hotel rates are low and end of November seems too far off to take our vacation.
Aside from the risk of tropical storms around that time of the year, how is the daily weather generally that time of the year? It would be unfortunate if spend our days waiting for the rain to stop. Further, while we welcome lack of crowd as most other tourists would do, we don't to want to feel too lonely in a ghost town either We have heard though that many businesses such as restaurants and shops close down during low season.
Given these concerns, is it better to be patient and wait till end of November or should we go ahead with our plans for end of this month?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 2 Dominican republic
- 3 Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 5 importing pets to sxm
- 6 Charter transfer boat from SXM to SBH?
- 7 St. Barts
- 8 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 9 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 10 PR or USVI
- 11 Which Caribbean island?
- 12 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 13 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 14 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 15 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 16 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 17 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 5 days in Havana
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 21 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 22 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 23 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 24 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 25 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary