We are a family of 4 and planning our first ever trip to Caribbean. We may be able to take a vacation end of this month (July) and are thinking about either British Virgin Islands or USVI. We are interested mainly in relaxing on the beach and sticking to a comfortable resort. Now I have read that Jun 1 to Nov 30 is considered low season due to risk of storms/hurricanes. On other hand, hotel rates are low and end of November seems too far off to take our vacation.
Aside from the risk of tropical storms around that time of the year, how is the daily weather generally that time of the year? It would be unfortunate if spend our days waiting for the rain to stop. Further, while we welcome lack of crowd as most other tourists would do, we don't to want to feel too lonely in a ghost town either We have heard though that many businesses such as restaurants and shops close down during low season.
Given these concerns, is it better to be patient and wait till end of November or should we go ahead with our plans for end of this month?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 2 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 3 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 4 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 5 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 6 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 7 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 8 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 9 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 10 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 11 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 12 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 13 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 14 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 15 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 16 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 17 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 18 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
- 19 all inclusive advice
- 20 Thinking of Grand Cayman after years in Turks and Caicos
- 21 family vaca in jamaica with teens, where to stay?
- 22 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 23 St Thomas, Curacao, St Croix or San Juan with adult kids?
- 24 will my American kids be considered tourists like me
- 25 St. Maarten Lodging one nite