We are a family of 4 and planning our first ever trip to Caribbean. We may be able to take a vacation end of this month (July) and are thinking about either British Virgin Islands or USVI. We are interested mainly in relaxing on the beach and sticking to a comfortable resort. Now I have read that Jun 1 to Nov 30 is considered low season due to risk of storms/hurricanes. On other hand, hotel rates are low and end of November seems too far off to take our vacation.
Aside from the risk of tropical storms around that time of the year, how is the daily weather generally that time of the year? It would be unfortunate if spend our days waiting for the rain to stop. Further, while we welcome lack of crowd as most other tourists would do, we don't to want to feel too lonely in a ghost town either We have heard though that many businesses such as restaurants and shops close down during low season.
Given these concerns, is it better to be patient and wait till end of November or should we go ahead with our plans for end of this month?
British Virgin Islands/USVI in late July/early August
- 1 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 2 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 3 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 4 St.Thomas St. John
- 5 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 6 June vacation trip for guys
- 7 Which island to visit???
- 8 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 9 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 10 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 11 Honeymoon Help!
- 12 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 13 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 14 Grand Cayman
- 15 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 16 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 17 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 18 Honeymoon - St. Lucia, Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- 19 Sisters trip can't seem to narrow down
- 20 quiet and relaxing
- 21 Dress Code - Little Dix Bay
- 22 Scam & Fraud in Cancun / Mexico = Watch Out For Mayan Palace!!
- 23 Planning a Thanksgiving 2013 Honeymoon- Caribbean or Mexico?
- 24 All Inclusive for small children?
- 25 Private tours in Jamaica