Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 getting around in dominican republic
- 2 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 3 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 4 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 5 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 6 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 7 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 8 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 9 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 10 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 11 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 12 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 13 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 14 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 15 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 16 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 17 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 18 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 19 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 20 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 21 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 22 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
- 23 all inclusive advice
- 24 Thinking of Grand Cayman after years in Turks and Caicos
- 25 family vaca in jamaica with teens, where to stay?