Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba
- 2 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 3 Safe to VRBO in Puerto Rico?
- 4 Can I take alcohol?
- 5 Scrub Island Resort
- 6 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 7 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 8 Island recommendation
- 9 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 10 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 11 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 12 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 13 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 14 Family vacation for divers
- 15 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 16 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 17 Island advice plz!
- 18 Cubarinking water?
- 19 First time to PR
- 20 St. John Trip Report
- 21 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip
- 22 St Kitts' Bakery
- 23 Which Island - Family Getaway
- 24 Looking for the perfect Island in the Carribean
- 25 Coral Sands, Exuma