Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba Help
- 2 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 3 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 4 Cuba via cruise
- 5 Is everything open on elbow cay in early nov?
- 6 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 7 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 8 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 9 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 10 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 11 Living in the Caribbean
- 12 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 13 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 14 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 15 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 16 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 17 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 18 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 19 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 20 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 21 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 22 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 23 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 24 St. Croix
- 25 St Kitts & Irma