Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Choosing Between a Rental on Nassau or Eleuethera
- 2 Evening temperatures
- 3 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 4 50th Birthday with Family
- 5 Cuba in November
- 6 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 7 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 8 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 9 Birthday Celebration
- 10 DR - All inclusive
- 11 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 12 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 13 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 14 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 15 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 16 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 17 Late May Trip
- 18 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 19 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 20 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 21 Cheers to Beers!
- 22 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 23 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 24 New Years Eve / St John
- 25 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort