Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
bringing alcohol into the U.S.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 2 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 3 Best Island for Me?
- 4 Cuba with Gate 1
- 5 Anguilla stay?
- 6 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 7 Why Barbados?
- 8 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 9 Back from San Juan
- 10 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 11 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 12 San Juan Airport
- 13 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 14 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 15 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 16 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 17 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 18 Storm ?
- 19 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 20 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 21 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 22 Kristen- where are you?????
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 25 The Color of the Water