Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
bringing alcohol into the U.S.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 2 2 weeks in cuba
- 3 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 4 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 5 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 6 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 7 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 8 Jamaica
- 9 Jamaica all inclusive
- 10 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 13 Cuba Opening Up
- 14 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 15 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 16 Why Barbados?
- 17 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 18 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 19 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 20 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 21 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 22 Just back from The Somerset
- 23 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 24 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 25 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers