Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 2 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 3 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 4 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 5 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 6 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 7 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 8 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 9 Looking for destination suggestions
- 10 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 11 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 12 Any suggestions??
- 13 Gustavia stay
- 14 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 15 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 16 My week in Guadeloupe
- 17 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 18 Which Island?
- 19 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 20 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 21 Freeport, Bahamas
- 22 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 23 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 24 Freeport Hotel
- 25 Nassau Bahamas and Cell Phone