Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
bringing alcohol into the U.S.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?