Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
bringing alcohol into the U.S.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bahamas Resort
- 2 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 3 Which country?
- 4 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 5 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 6 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 7 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 8 Antigua or St Martin
- 9 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 10 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 11 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 12 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 13 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 14 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 montego bay
- 18 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 19 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 20 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 21 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 22 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 23 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 24 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 25 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay