Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 2 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 3 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations
- 5 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 6 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 7 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 8 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 40 min layover in CLT
- 11 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 12 Atlantis 1 day
- 13 Atlantis on a budget
- 14 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 15 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 16 St. Barts
- 17 Buses in Aruba
- 18 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 19 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 20 Stingray City Tour
- 21 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 22 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 23 Bahama's outer island
- 24 Living permanently in the Caribbean
- 25 Family Caribbean vacation in the spring