Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 2 Cienfugas and Santiago--tours??
- 3 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 4 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 5 Tortola next week
- 6 Summer trip
- 7 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 8 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 9 DR vs. Mexico
- 10 Surf Fly Fishing
- 11 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 12 Family of 5 undecided island
- 13 Christmas 2017
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 16 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 17 All inclusive
- 18 BVI trip questions
- 19 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 20 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 21 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 22 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 23 family resort ideas?
- 24 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 25 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR