Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba for 6 days
- 2 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 3 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 4 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 5 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 6 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 7 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 8 Honeymoon Help!!
- 9 Do not miss the Tahiti
- 10 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 11 when to visit barbados
- 12 Barbados Beaches
- 13 Punta Cana
- 14 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 15 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 16 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 17 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 18 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 19 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 20 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations
- 22 Trouble booking hotels!
- 23 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 24 Airport transfer PUJ
- 25 Bahama's outer island