Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 BVI trip questions
- 2 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 5 aruba fun!!!
- 6 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 7 Peterson
- 8 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 9 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 10 St.Lucia newbie
- 11 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 12 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 13 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 14 Turks and caicos
- 15 Aruba weather
- 16 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 17 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 18 Turks and caicos
- 19 Cruise stop activities
- 20 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 21 Jade Mountain
- 22 Honeymoon Help!!
- 23 Bermuda
- 24 Restaurant Suggestions
- 25 Havana Cuba for 2 days