Does anyone know the rules from bringing alcohol into the U.S.? I'm hoping to bring a few bottles of rum home from St. Lucia, and I'm wondering if that's likely to cause any issues. I know that there is no federal maximum but have read that if you bring "too much" it could raise suspicion that it's not for personal use. I figure three bottles isn't too much, but then again I also think that lipstick is not a liquid.
I know that there are state maximums as well, but sadly the agency that regulates this for my state (Massachusetts) either doesn't post that info on its web site or buries it in an unfindable location.
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 2 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 3 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 4 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 5 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 6 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 7 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 8 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 9 Cuba in November
- 10 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 11 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 12 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 13 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 14 Tennis in Aruba question
- 15 christmas in the caribbean
- 16 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 17 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 18 Guadeloupe - January 2017
- 19 Marriott Courtyard Junkanoo Beach Nassau
- 20 Jamaica
- 21 Money in Jamaica
- 22 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 23 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 24 Where to stay on the Gold Coast
- 25 Atlantis in Nassau