I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 3 T&C Airfare Volatility?
- 4 AI in Punta Cana
- 5 ATLANTIS lately?
- 6 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 7 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 8 Need Puerto Rico location advice
- 9 Romantic, 30th Birthday for my girlfriend Trip - I NEED HELP!
- 10 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 11 Best island for a villa rental
- 12 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 Which Island?
- 15 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 16 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 17 Punta Cana?
- 18 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 19 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 20 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 21 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 22 Advice needed
- 23 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 24 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 25 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7