I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to go in February/March
- 2 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 3 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 4 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 5 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 6 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 7 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 8 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 9 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 10 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 11 Which island?
- 12 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 13 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 18 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 19 Bahamas Resort
- 20 Which country?
- 21 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 22 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 23 Antigua or St Martin
- 24 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 25 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?