I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 2 St John March, where to stay
- 3 The right adults-only resort
- 4 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 5 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 6 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 7 Cupecoy Beach
- 8 Tips for bahamas
- 9 Vacation Ideas
- 10 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 11 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 12 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 13 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 14 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 15 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 16 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 17 walkable hotels
- 18 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 19 Back from San Juan
- 20 St Thomas
- 21 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 22 St Thomas need condo advice and trip plans
- 23 Grenada - Coyaba vs. Flamboyant
- 24 Aruba Restaurants
- 25 Aruba Restaraunts