I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 2 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 3 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 4 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 5 shore excursions
- 6 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 7 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 8 just be careful
- 9 Restaurants in Aruba
- 10 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 11 Snorkeling
- 12 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 13 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 14 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 15 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 16 Bahamas girls trip
- 17 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 18 Safe for Family
- 19 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 20 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 21 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 22 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 23 Curacao vs Barbados
- 24 Honeymoon Destination
- 25 Solo backpacking in Cuba