I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 2 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 3 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 4 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 5 Caribbean with grown kids
- 6 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 7 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 8 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 9 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 10 Driving in Aurba
- 11 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 12 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 13 Barbados question where to stay
- 14 Barbados Ferry Service
- 15 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 16 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 17 Restaurant in Aruba
- 18 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 19 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 20 Providenciales Airport
- 21 2 weeks in Cuba
- 22 Grenada - looking for a CLEAN hotel for one night - suggestions?
- 23 Is Grenada the Ideal vacation spot for us?
- 24 Bahama's vs Costa Rica
- 25 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!