I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 2 T&C - tropical storm Cristobal
- 3 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 4 Turks and Caicos, where to stay
- 5 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 6 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 7 St Barts/One Day
- 8 Why Barbados?
- 9 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 10 Too many choices.....
- 11 Late September cruise, is this a bad time of year?
- 12 Southern Caribbean Cruise
- 13 Best Island for Me?
- 14 fox. car rental montego bay jamaica
- 15 walking to the lighthouse
- 16 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 17 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 18 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 19 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 20 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 21 Cuba with Gate 1
- 22 Anguilla stay?
- 23 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 24 Back from San Juan
- 25 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time