I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Back from San Juan
- 2 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 3 Cupecoy Beach
- 4 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 5 Vacation Ideas
- 6 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Carry on size Bahamas
- 9 St John March, where to stay
- 10 The right adults-only resort
- 11 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 12 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 13 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 14 Tips for bahamas
- 15 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 16 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 18 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 19 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 21 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 22 walkable hotels
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?