I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 A few last minute Cuba questions! (two week trip)
- 2 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 3 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 4 Solo Female Caribbean - Please Help!
- 5 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 6 Florida or caribbean
- 7 Last to open up in your brain into your particularly
- 8 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 9 Money in Jamaica
- 10 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 11 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 12 Barbado Car rental
- 13 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 14 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 15 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 16 Death in Paradise
- 17 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 18 50+ where to dance?
- 19 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 20 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 21 dominican republic
- 22 Summer family vacation
- 23 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 24 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 25 Restaurant for a very special birthday