I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 2 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 3 St. John USVI
- 4 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 5 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 6 Best island for early to mid November
- 7 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 8 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 9 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 10 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 11 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 12 things to do in Nassau
- 13 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 14 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 15 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 16 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 17 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?
- 18 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 19 Best Starwood (Westin/Sheraton/St. Regis) Resort for Families??
- 20 Which Island?
- 21 Cuba in 10 days
- 22 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 23 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?
- 24 Honeymoon in Caribbean?
- 25 Aruba Car Rental Insurance