I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family with infants/toddlers
- 2 Ferry to Rum Point
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 6 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 7 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 8 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 9 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 10 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 11 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 12 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 13 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 14 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 15 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 16 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 17 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 18 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 19 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 20 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 21 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 22 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 23 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 24 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 25 Beaches Turks question