I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Southern Caribbean Cruise
- 2 Too many choices.....
- 3 Why Barbados?
- 4 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 5 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 6 Best Island for Me?
- 7 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 8 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 9 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 10 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 11 Cuba with Gate 1
- 12 Anguilla stay?
- 13 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 14 Back from San Juan
- 15 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 16 San Juan Airport
- 17 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 18 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 19 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 20 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 21 Storm ?
- 22 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 23 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 24 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 25 Kristen- where are you?????