I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. John USVI
- 2 Which Island?
- 3 Carribean vacation with infant
- 4 Any sharks around US Virgin Islands ?
- 5 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 6 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 7 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 8 Cayman Islands in October
- 9 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 10 things to do in Nassau
- 11 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 12 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 13 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 14 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 15 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 16 Best island for early to mid November
- 17 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 18 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 19 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 20 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 21 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 22 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 23 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 24 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 25 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas