I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks & Caicos
- 2 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 3 Memorable anniversary dinner on St. Thomas?
- 4 Restaurants in St. Barth's?
- 5 Travel to the Caribbean the week before Christmas
- 6 Long Island Bahanas
- 7 All Inclusive in Caribbean or Mexico?
- 8 Honeymoon Help- Caribbean Destination with Walk-in Snorkeling & Nightlife
- 9 Need Caribbean island/hotel suggestions for February trip with 2 year old
- 10 St. Bart's-- how can I get La Pinta vanilla rum?
- 11 Which carribbean island to chose.. dilema's...
- 12 DIY Wedding for Two – Can I pull this off without a Wedding Planner?
- 13 Punta Cana excursions
- 14 Girlfriends All Inclusive Resort Punta Cana or Mexico
- 15 Which Sandals Jamaica is the best
- 16 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 17 Stop Jet Ski's in Anguilla
- 18 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 19 Aruba suggestions
- 20 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 21 Nassau
- 22 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?
- 23 LIAT Air
- 24 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 25 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure