I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla stay?
- 2 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 3 Punta Cana excursions
- 4 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable
- 5 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 6 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 7 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 8 Cayman Islands in October
- 9 Back from San Juan
- 10 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 11 Kristen- where are you?????
- 12 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 13 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 14 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 15 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 16 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 17 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 18 Puerto Rico
- 19 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 20 Cuba People to People Tours
- 21 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 22 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 23 relaxed beaches in january
- 24 Are you the new future traveler?
- 25 Mosquitoes - where are they NOT?