I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 3 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 4 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 5 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 6 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 7 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 8 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 9 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 10 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 11 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 12 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 17 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 18 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 19 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 20 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 21 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 22 Which island?
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 25 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John