I booked a trip with my wife and 3 children Thanksgiving week 2013 to Aruba; never been there before. However, I think I made a mistake and should have booked the trip to USVI(also never been) simply because it is US territory and since we are from the US we would feel more comfortable there; we would not feel like "foreigners". I assume there would be less of a communication barrier, navigating the island(s) would be easier since everything is in English, and we would not need passports. I know that Aruba is further south, but not sure if the weather or water temp would be much different between the two destinations at that time of year. Feedback? Should I cancel Aruba and go to USVI instead this November for the reasons I mentioned?
Booked trip to Aruba this Nov. but think I should have chosen USVI instead.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 order to save extra money
- 2 Clearest water and All Inclusive
- 3 multiple family beach vacation
- 4 DR All Inclusive for Woman's getway
- 5 Need a new vacation spot!
- 6 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 7 2015 Family vacation: Best Bang on a budget
- 8 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 9 Mid October Honeymoon
- 10 Summer family vacation
- 11 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 12 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 13 Caribbean with grown kids
- 14 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 15 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 16 Honeymoon destination?
- 17 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 18 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 19 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 20 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 21 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 22 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 23 Anguilla Beaches
- 24 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 25 Cuba help!