We are going to Bonaire in February for 1 week. Our first time there.
Going as divers.
I'm assuming we don't have to stay specifically at a dive resort, but is that the best bet?
Do you have to pay an outfit to do the shore diving?
I'm sure much of the above I can research myself on.
My biggest concern and question is it looks like the only flight option for us from Miami is a flight that goes through Aruba with only a 1:50 minute layover in Aruba. I've read it's really hard to get through this airport and immigration and worried about us making the flight. Also our luggage, though I'm assuming the luggage will be with us as we'll have to uncheck it.
Insel Airlines, and I've heard not the best with rebooking, etc. Any advice on getting there is welcome, and advice on what to do if we don't make the connection.
I wish we could go through Curacau as I've heard it's easier! One thing we plan to do is depart and arrive on a Thursday as to avoid Aruba airport overload, but it will be high season so even on a weekday I'm assuming it could be trouble.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 2 Punta Cana Excursions
- 3 customs questions
- 4 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 5 Nassau Bahamas
- 6 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 7 Biking in Caribbean
- 8 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 9 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 10 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 11 Help with how long on each island.
- 12 Small Carribean Hotel
- 13 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 14 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 15 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 16 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 17 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 18 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 19 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 20 Hiking in St. John
- 21 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 22 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 23 celebrating husband's 50th birthday AI suggestions needed
- 24 Turks Caicos July 19 - Aug 2
- 25 Struggling with Decision for Honeymoon (St. Barts/St. Lucia)
Bonaire where to stay and going through Aruba and Shore Diving