We are going to Bonaire in February for 1 week. Our first time there.
Going as divers.
I'm assuming we don't have to stay specifically at a dive resort, but is that the best bet?
Do you have to pay an outfit to do the shore diving?
I'm sure much of the above I can research myself on.
My biggest concern and question is it looks like the only flight option for us from Miami is a flight that goes through Aruba with only a 1:50 minute layover in Aruba. I've read it's really hard to get through this airport and immigration and worried about us making the flight. Also our luggage, though I'm assuming the luggage will be with us as we'll have to uncheck it.
Insel Airlines, and I've heard not the best with rebooking, etc. Any advice on getting there is welcome, and advice on what to do if we don't make the connection.
I wish we could go through Curacau as I've heard it's easier! One thing we plan to do is depart and arrive on a Thursday as to avoid Aruba airport overload, but it will be high season so even on a weekday I'm assuming it could be trouble.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Month travel ideas
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 4 Cuba weather in March
- 5 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 6 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 7 aruba planning advice
- 8 Move to grand cayman
- 9 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 10 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 11 Malaria Punta Cana
- 12 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 13 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 14 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 15 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 16 New Destination
- 17 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 18 Bahamas help
- 19 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 20 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 21 Vacation suggestion, please
- 22 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 23 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 24 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 25 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
Bonaire where to stay and going through Aruba and Shore Diving