We are going to Bonaire in February for 1 week. Our first time there.
Going as divers.
I'm assuming we don't have to stay specifically at a dive resort, but is that the best bet?
Do you have to pay an outfit to do the shore diving?
I'm sure much of the above I can research myself on.
My biggest concern and question is it looks like the only flight option for us from Miami is a flight that goes through Aruba with only a 1:50 minute layover in Aruba. I've read it's really hard to get through this airport and immigration and worried about us making the flight. Also our luggage, though I'm assuming the luggage will be with us as we'll have to uncheck it.
Insel Airlines, and I've heard not the best with rebooking, etc. Any advice on getting there is welcome, and advice on what to do if we don't make the connection.
I wish we could go through Curacau as I've heard it's easier! One thing we plan to do is depart and arrive on a Thursday as to avoid Aruba airport overload, but it will be high season so even on a weekday I'm assuming it could be trouble.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Island Choice
- 2 Cruise stop activities
- 3 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 4 Aruba weather
- 5 Jade Mountain
- 6 Turks and caicos
- 7 Turks and caicos
- 8 Honeymoon Help!!
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 11 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 12 Bermuda
- 13 Restaurant Suggestions
- 14 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 15 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 16 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 17 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 18 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 19 Taxi info. Self touring
- 20 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 21 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 22 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 23 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 24 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 25 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
Bonaire where to stay and going through Aruba and Shore Diving