I live in USA, in the northeast. I love to snorkel and see reefs and fishes...did that a lot in hawaii. I was looking for a like minded group that would fly from US.... that I can join. Then came across a scuba lessons company that does trips to carribean often. They are doing a week long trip to Bonaire. Staying at a place called "Buddy dive".
My question is , are there good "off the beach" spots for snorkelling near "buddy dive"?
Planning to scuba certify there in Bonaire and take my first dive too LOL.
BTW, here is the read out and link to that company about the trip, pls advice what you think about the worth !
Come join us on our annual summer trek to the unique island of Bonaire located 40 miles off the coast of Venezuela. The reason Bonaire is also known as the “Home of Diving Freedom” is the spectacular shore diving. Jump in your vehicle, pick up your tanks at the “Drive Thru” and explore any of the 60 well marked shore diving sites at your leisure. With our boat diving package we can explore the underwater wonders of Klein Bonaire Island just offshore. Topside activities include: windsurfing, exploring caves, hiking and more. Our midweek Beach B’BQ & Bonfire will be epic as usual. We will be staying at Buddy Dive where you can shore dive right off their dock. Due to limited air space we can only take 26 guests.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 2 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 3 Bermuda
- 4 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 5 Restaurant Suggestions
- 6 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 7 Honeymoon Help!!
- 8 Aruba weather
- 9 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 10 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 11 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 12 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 13 Taxi info. Self touring
- 14 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 15 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 16 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 17 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 18 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 19 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 20 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 21 Tips for Foodie Adventurers in Puerto Rico
- 22 Want to snorkel from hotel beach
- 23 St Lucia - Anse Chastenat - Crazy rate for a basic room without any confort
- 24 Great snorkeling, on the beach hotel
- 25 Puerto Rico vs. US Virgin Islands
Bonaire - Off beach snorkelling /Scuba , is it really great?