Beware! We rented a villa from Sea Feathers Management Company for 10 days this February. The second night that we were there someone came into our bedroom, WHILE WE WERE SLEEPING, and robbed us of about $6000 worth of electrical items. Camera, Kindle, computer, etc. When we realized that we had been robbed I immediately contacted the manager, who it turns out is also the owner, and asked him for his help. His response, "There's nothing I can do about it." I asked him to come and help me with the local authorities and again got the same response. He said that he had other clients to meet at the airport, etc. and basically let us fend for ourselves. We moved out immediately and the owner refused to compensate us at all for our loses. I even offered to come to a compromise. NOTHING. All we got from the owner were repeated phone calls to remind us of what had happened. Literally at the airport on our departure day we were still getting harassed. This being our third year in a row coming to the island I have met many locals and other property managers. Across the board, when I spoke to them, they all confirmed that they were not surprised by the owners lack of action or compassion. I learned that the owners are not highly respected at all. PLEASE, I HOPE ANYONE WHO READS THIS SHARES IT WITH ANYONE THEY KNOW CONSIDERING GOING TO TURKS AND CAICOS. I will go back again next year as Provo is one of my favorite places in the world but I WILL NOT RENT ANYTHING FROM SEA FEATHERS! Good luck and Beware.
Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 2 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 3 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 4 Cuba Opening Up
- 5 Just back from The Somerset
- 6 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 7 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 8 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 9 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 10 Sandals Resorts
- 11 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 12 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 13 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 14 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 15 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 16 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 17 Cuba in 10 days
- 18 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 19 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 20 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 21 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin
- 22 Santo Domingo Day Trip from Punta Cana
- 23 Villa rental on St. John
- 24 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 25 Just back from St. Maarten