We arrived on the ferry after hours and had arranged to have a 4WD available for pick up. The Suzuki Grand Vitara they provided had 3 warning lights related to braking and traction blazing bright red, and as I discovered later, was not a 4WD as we got stuck simply trying to go up the driveway to our rented villa and had to get a tow truck. Should I have known it wasn't a 4WD? Well, I'm no expert on cars and assumed it was since their web site advertised it as such. With the help of the dept of consumer affairs on The Virgin Islands, I got them to change their false internet advertising, but they continue to resist my attempts to get a refund for the short time I had the car (and the owner has not returned my requests to speak with him). This shady, disreputable company got my family's vacation off to a ruinous start, and I hope to keep others from having the same horrific experience.
Beware C&C Car Rental in Cruz Bay
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 2 Money in Jamaica
- 3 Death in Paradise
- 4 Florida or caribbean
- 5 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 6 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 7 50+ where to dance?
- 8 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 9 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 10 dominican republic
- 11 Summer family vacation
- 12 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 13 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 14 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 15 St Martin
- 16 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 17 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 18 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 19 Resort villa suggestions
- 20 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 21 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 22 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 23 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 24 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 25 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?