We arrived on the ferry after hours and had arranged to have a 4WD available for pick up. The Suzuki Grand Vitara they provided had 3 warning lights related to braking and traction blazing bright red, and as I discovered later, was not a 4WD as we got stuck simply trying to go up the driveway to our rented villa and had to get a tow truck. Should I have known it wasn't a 4WD? Well, I'm no expert on cars and assumed it was since their web site advertised it as such. With the help of the dept of consumer affairs on The Virgin Islands, I got them to change their false internet advertising, but they continue to resist my attempts to get a refund for the short time I had the car (and the owner has not returned my requests to speak with him). This shady, disreputable company got my family's vacation off to a ruinous start, and I hope to keep others from having the same horrific experience.
Beware C&C Car Rental in Cruz Bay
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Island for Me?
- 2 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 3 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 4 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 5 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 6 Cuba with Gate 1
- 7 Anguilla stay?
- 8 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 9 Why Barbados?
- 10 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 11 Back from San Juan
- 12 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 13 San Juan Airport
- 14 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 15 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 16 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 17 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 18 Storm ?
- 19 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 20 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 21 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 22 Kristen- where are you?????
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 25 The Color of the Water