We arrived on the ferry after hours and had arranged to have a 4WD available for pick up. The Suzuki Grand Vitara they provided had 3 warning lights related to braking and traction blazing bright red, and as I discovered later, was not a 4WD as we got stuck simply trying to go up the driveway to our rented villa and had to get a tow truck. Should I have known it wasn't a 4WD? Well, I'm no expert on cars and assumed it was since their web site advertised it as such. With the help of the dept of consumer affairs on The Virgin Islands, I got them to change their false internet advertising, but they continue to resist my attempts to get a refund for the short time I had the car (and the owner has not returned my requests to speak with him). This shady, disreputable company got my family's vacation off to a ruinous start, and I hope to keep others from having the same horrific experience.
Beware C&C Car Rental in Cruz Bay
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 3 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 4 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 5 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 6 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 7 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 8 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 9 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 10 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 11 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 14 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 15 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 16 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 17 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 18 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 19 Which island?
- 20 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 21 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 22 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 23 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 24 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 25 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan