We arrived on the ferry after hours and had arranged to have a 4WD available for pick up. The Suzuki Grand Vitara they provided had 3 warning lights related to braking and traction blazing bright red, and as I discovered later, was not a 4WD as we got stuck simply trying to go up the driveway to our rented villa and had to get a tow truck. Should I have known it wasn't a 4WD? Well, I'm no expert on cars and assumed it was since their web site advertised it as such. With the help of the dept of consumer affairs on The Virgin Islands, I got them to change their false internet advertising, but they continue to resist my attempts to get a refund for the short time I had the car (and the owner has not returned my requests to speak with him). This shady, disreputable company got my family's vacation off to a ruinous start, and I hope to keep others from having the same horrific experience.
Beware C&C Car Rental in Cruz Bay
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 2 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 3 Which island?
- 4 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 5 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 6 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 7 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 8 St. Croix and sea grass
- 9 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 10 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 11 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 12 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 13 Bahamas Resort
- 14 Which country?
- 15 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 16 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 17 Antigua or St Martin
- 18 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 19 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 20 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 21 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 22 montego bay
- 23 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 24 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 25 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres