We arrived on the ferry after hours and had arranged to have a 4WD available for pick up. The Suzuki Grand Vitara they provided had 3 warning lights related to braking and traction blazing bright red, and as I discovered later, was not a 4WD as we got stuck simply trying to go up the driveway to our rented villa and had to get a tow truck. Should I have known it wasn't a 4WD? Well, I'm no expert on cars and assumed it was since their web site advertised it as such. With the help of the dept of consumer affairs on The Virgin Islands, I got them to change their false internet advertising, but they continue to resist my attempts to get a refund for the short time I had the car (and the owner has not returned my requests to speak with him). This shady, disreputable company got my family's vacation off to a ruinous start, and I hope to keep others from having the same horrific experience.
Beware C&C Car Rental in Cruz Bay
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Back from San Juan
- 2 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 3 Cupecoy Beach
- 4 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 5 Vacation Ideas
- 6 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Carry on size Bahamas
- 9 St John March, where to stay
- 10 The right adults-only resort
- 11 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 12 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 13 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 14 Tips for bahamas
- 15 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 16 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 18 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 19 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 21 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 22 walkable hotels
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?