This is our first trip, finally, to the Caribbean - after years of putting it off as it is so hard to reach there from San Francisco. I am looking for very clear, picture perfect, warm water for my son to enjoy swimming there, and am looking for suggestions of the islands that are best and least hassle to reach from SFO. We don't care about casinos, night life or shopping, though good food and restaurants would be great.
I know there are no non-stops to any Caribbean airport but we can at least get to Dominican Republic with one stop and the flight times are manageable. I looked into Anguilla but it's harder to reach there. Will still manage it if is worth it. We generally like place that are not too busy and don't have high-rise chain hotels, preferably with many locals (Zihuatanejo afforded this even when we stayed at Viceroy). Would be awesome if we can get cottage right on the beach!
Anyone familiar with Sublime Sabana, DR? We can also take day trips to other islands, if that's feasible, as we are likely to be there 5-6 days at least.
Would greatly appreciate any suggestions and help. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 2 Dominican republic
- 3 Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 5 importing pets to sxm
- 6 Charter transfer boat from SXM to SBH?
- 7 St. Barts
- 8 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 9 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 10 PR or USVI
- 11 Which Caribbean island?
- 12 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 13 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 14 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 15 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 16 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 17 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 5 days in Havana
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 21 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 22 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 23 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 24 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 25 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary