This is our first trip, finally, to the Caribbean - after years of putting it off as it is so hard to reach there from San Francisco. I am looking for very clear, picture perfect, warm water for my son to enjoy swimming there, and am looking for suggestions of the islands that are best and least hassle to reach from SFO. We don't care about casinos, night life or shopping, though good food and restaurants would be great.
I know there are no non-stops to any Caribbean airport but we can at least get to Dominican Republic with one stop and the flight times are manageable. I looked into Anguilla but it's harder to reach there. Will still manage it if is worth it. We generally like place that are not too busy and don't have high-rise chain hotels, preferably with many locals (Zihuatanejo afforded this even when we stayed at Viceroy). Would be awesome if we can get cottage right on the beach!
Anyone familiar with Sublime Sabana, DR? We can also take day trips to other islands, if that's feasible, as we are likely to be there 5-6 days at least.
Would greatly appreciate any suggestions and help. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Alpha Muscle Complex
- 2 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 3 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 4 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 5 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 6 Ideal wedding island
- 7 Help with small wedding location
- 8 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 10 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 11 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 12 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 13 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 14 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 15 St. Croix
- 16 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 17 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 18 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 19 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 20 Island Hopping
- 21 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 22 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Havana restaurants
- 25 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion