My husband and I love to snorkel and we're planning on staying a week on one of these islands next year and a week on another(two weeks total). We truly enjoyed all the off shore snorkeling places on Cozumel last year---referred to us through Fodor's message board. We were told the names of places and island directions on how to get to them, including where to get in so we would be swimming(drifting) with the current and where to get out. So my question to all you travelers is which of these three islands have the best snorkeling and could you refer me to a website or tell me the names of places and how to get to them from shore? The more marine life the better, of course. Are there currents near these snorkeling places off these islands as there were in some places off Cozumel? We learned in Cozumel that "if there's a beautiful beach, the snorkeling isn't good. If there's lava rock, there's usually good snorkeling". I'm assuming the same applies to other islands. ---We truly appreciate your input. Waiting to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 2 Cienfugas and Santiago--tours??
- 3 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 4 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 5 Tortola next week
- 6 Summer trip
- 7 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 8 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 9 DR vs. Mexico
- 10 Surf Fly Fishing
- 11 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 12 Family of 5 undecided island
- 13 Christmas 2017
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 16 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 17 All inclusive
- 18 BVI trip questions
- 19 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 20 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 21 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 22 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 23 family resort ideas?
- 24 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 25 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR