My husband and I love to snorkel and we're planning on staying a week on one of these islands next year and a week on another(two weeks total). We truly enjoyed all the off shore snorkeling places on Cozumel last year---referred to us through Fodor's message board. We were told the names of places and island directions on how to get to them, including where to get in so we would be swimming(drifting) with the current and where to get out. So my question to all you travelers is which of these three islands have the best snorkeling and could you refer me to a website or tell me the names of places and how to get to them from shore? The more marine life the better, of course. Are there currents near these snorkeling places off these islands as there were in some places off Cozumel? We learned in Cozumel that "if there's a beautiful beach, the snorkeling isn't good. If there's lava rock, there's usually good snorkeling". I'm assuming the same applies to other islands. ---We truly appreciate your input. Waiting to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Peterson
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 4 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 5 Rejuvonus
- 6 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 7 St.Lucia newbie
- 8 aruba fun!!!
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 11 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 12 Turks and caicos
- 13 Aruba weather
- 14 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 15 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 16 Turks and caicos
- 17 Cruise stop activities
- 18 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 19 Jade Mountain
- 20 Honeymoon Help!!
- 21 Bermuda
- 22 Restaurant Suggestions
- 23 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 24 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 25 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort