My husband and I love to snorkel and we're planning on staying a week on one of these islands next year and a week on another(two weeks total). We truly enjoyed all the off shore snorkeling places on Cozumel last year---referred to us through Fodor's message board. We were told the names of places and island directions on how to get to them, including where to get in so we would be swimming(drifting) with the current and where to get out. So my question to all you travelers is which of these three islands have the best snorkeling and could you refer me to a website or tell me the names of places and how to get to them from shore? The more marine life the better, of course. Are there currents near these snorkeling places off these islands as there were in some places off Cozumel? We learned in Cozumel that "if there's a beautiful beach, the snorkeling isn't good. If there's lava rock, there's usually good snorkeling". I'm assuming the same applies to other islands. ---We truly appreciate your input. Waiting to hear from you!
Best snorkeling--St. John, St. Thomas, or Tortola?
- 1 Which island to visit???
- 2 Looking for cheap place to stay during augustus-oktober 2013
- 3 May 2013 Honeymoon
- 4 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 5 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 6 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 7 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 8 Best place for a massage in Anguilla?
- 9 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 10 Bermuda Trip
- 11 quiet and relaxing
- 12 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 13 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 14 St.Thomas St. John
- 15 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 16 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 17 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 18 June vacation trip for guys
- 19 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 20 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 21 Honeymoon Help!
- 22 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 23 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 24 Grand Cayman
- 25 Sandals La Source Grenada