I'm looking for location recommendations for Caribbean island hopping via rental of: kayak, a hobie catamaran, or a small motorized dinghy for my girlfriend and myself.
This is our first vacation in several years, so we're trying to make it count haha.
We're looking for a set of closely grouped tropical islands that we can self-navigate in between via multiple day trips from a base island location. For the base location, I'm looking for a tropical bungalow/guest house with just basic provisions (with hopefully a hammock nearby) - so not a large resort. Ideally we’re looking for a town with at least one hole in the wall bar that serves boozy tropical drinks and local seafood.
The idea would be to paddle/sail/motor between an island or two a day and stop in between and
hangout on the beach(es) and snorkel at leisure. Maybe even do a little fishing from the shore and some light hikes. We're fine with snorkeling from kayaks, or parking the boat on a beach and snorkeling from the shore. We don't plan on camping overnight on the day trip islands to avoid lugging around camping equipment.
We prefer really low crowds, scenic/secluded type areas. Also looking for great tropical beaches and great snorkeling.
Budget: looking at spending less than $120 a night for lodging, and less than $100 a day for gear rental (so relatively low budget).
Trip length: 5-7days.
Time of year: late spring-early summer
Location ideas so far:
-Turks and Caicos
-St. John (USVI)
-Bonaire (I hear this has great snorkeling, but not the best beaches)
Let me know what you think on the locations, and if you have any recommendations on hotels, as well as places to rent equipment from.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 온라인릴게임 ※접 속 : scc883.컴 ♀
- 2 황금성 ♥☏홈 피 - scc883.컴 ※
- 3 다빈치다운로드 ※☎접 속 : scc883.컴 ☜
- 4 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 5 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 6 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 7 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 8 Ideal wedding island
- 9 Help with small wedding location
- 10 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 11 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 12 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 13 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 14 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 15 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 16 St. Croix
- 17 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 18 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 19 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 20 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 21 Island Hopping
- 22 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 23 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 24 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 25 Havana restaurants