Ok, my little brother is getting married on May 31st and I somehow got "stuck" paying for his honeymoon. At first he said he just wanted to go somewhere in the Caribbean, but lately he's been dropping hints about the Bahamas. I'm not sure why he prefers the Bahamas (he's never been anywhere in the Caribbean), but if that's what he wants then that's what he'll get. My questions are, where is the best place to stay? What areas should they avoid (where should I not look)? They don't want something super touristy, they want to be able to relax and enjoy the beach, snorkel, etc. But, they also don't want to be holed up in their hotel after 9-10 p.m. I've never been to the Caribbean either, so I have no idea where to start. What hotels do you recommend? Give me any ideas without price being an issue. I'll overlook all recommendations and then make my decision as to what I want/can spend on this. They would be flying out of Chicago and the trip would be for 4-7 nights. Sorry for the long read, just wanted to be specific about what information I need. Thank you.
Best place to stay in the Bahamas?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family with infants/toddlers
- 2 Ferry to Rum Point
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 6 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 7 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 8 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 9 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 10 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 11 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 12 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 13 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 14 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 15 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 16 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 17 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 18 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 19 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 20 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 21 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 22 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 23 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 24 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 25 Beaches Turks question