Hi all. I'm looking for some advice on where to go to snorkel. We are avid snorkelers and have been to St, Thomas, Grand Cayman and Bonaire. We plan where to go in the Caribbean based on where the snorkeling is reputed to be the best (not St. Thomas; that was our first trip where I discovered snorkeling). We're looking at St. John and Curacao, but would be open to other suggestions. I'd love to hear opinions of those two islands. Beach snorkeling is strongly preferred but boat snorkeling would be okay, too. Preferably not strong currents. We would love to see healthy coral but fish diversity is what really floats our boat. My husband doesn't like the idea of Central America or Mexico at the present moment (I'm hoping to change his mind), so that would leave out Belize, Honduras or Mexico. Thanks for any replies!
Best Place to Snorkel
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 2 Traveling Solo
- 3 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 4 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 5 A Volcanic Paradise
- 6 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 7 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 8 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 9 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 10 St. Kitts, the details
- 11 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 12 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 13 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 14 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 15 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 16 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 17 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 18 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 19 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 20 8 TUFF MILES
- 21 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 22 1 week in San Juan
- 23 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?
- 24 St John - The East End - Aqua Bistro
- 25 Bermuda Weekend Feb 2014