Hi all. I'm looking for some advice on where to go to snorkel. We are avid snorkelers and have been to St, Thomas, Grand Cayman and Bonaire. We plan where to go in the Caribbean based on where the snorkeling is reputed to be the best (not St. Thomas; that was our first trip where I discovered snorkeling). We're looking at St. John and Curacao, but would be open to other suggestions. I'd love to hear opinions of those two islands. Beach snorkeling is strongly preferred but boat snorkeling would be okay, too. Preferably not strong currents. We would love to see healthy coral but fish diversity is what really floats our boat. My husband doesn't like the idea of Central America or Mexico at the present moment (I'm hoping to change his mind), so that would leave out Belize, Honduras or Mexico. Thanks for any replies!
Best Place to Snorkel
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Too many choices.....
- 2 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 3 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 4 Best Island for Me?
- 5 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 6 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 7 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 8 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 9 Cuba with Gate 1
- 10 Anguilla stay?
- 11 Why Barbados?
- 12 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 13 Back from San Juan
- 14 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 15 San Juan Airport
- 16 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 17 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 18 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 19 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 20 Storm ?
- 21 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 22 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 23 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 24 Kristen- where are you?????
- 25 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????