Hi all. I'm looking for some advice on where to go to snorkel. We are avid snorkelers and have been to St, Thomas, Grand Cayman and Bonaire. We plan where to go in the Caribbean based on where the snorkeling is reputed to be the best (not St. Thomas; that was our first trip where I discovered snorkeling). We're looking at St. John and Curacao, but would be open to other suggestions. I'd love to hear opinions of those two islands. Beach snorkeling is strongly preferred but boat snorkeling would be okay, too. Preferably not strong currents. We would love to see healthy coral but fish diversity is what really floats our boat. My husband doesn't like the idea of Central America or Mexico at the present moment (I'm hoping to change his mind), so that would leave out Belize, Honduras or Mexico. Thanks for any replies!
Best Place to Snorkel
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 2 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 3 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 4 Jamaica
- 5 Jamaica all inclusive
- 6 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 7 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 8 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 9 Cuba Opening Up
- 10 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 11 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 12 Why Barbados?
- 13 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 14 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 15 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 16 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 17 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 18 Just back from The Somerset
- 19 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 20 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 21 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 22 Sandals Resorts
- 23 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 24 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 25 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!