My best friend and I are planning a trip to the carribean in June and have never been to the area. We are in our early-mid twenties. We are looking for a relaxing vacation, definitely not an AI resort or any place with too many tourists. At the same time, we prefer a good crowd of friendly people. The main thing we are looking for is nice cafes and bars on the beach. At night we prefer nice bars on the beach with locals and music to dance to (no raging clubs). Safety is also a concern, obviously we will not walk alone at odd hours of the night, but we should be able to feel safe on the beach and have a safe mode of transportation to get back to wherever we are staying. We are also really into experiencing bits of culture.
We are also adventurous, would like to try out snorkeling, wind surfing, any activity. We prefer renting a condo/apartment for the week we will be there as long as they are safe and clean. Our preference is definitely a nice safe beach that is open late though.
From the research I've done (which is hard because there are so many places and so many forums!), it seems that cabarete in the dominican seems to fit our needs as well as grenada. Trying to look into san juan. However, we both know very little and that's where you all come in! Any opinions on the options I've already listed are greatly appreciated along with suggestions for other destinations
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 2 Cuba weather in March
- 3 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 4 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 5 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 6 aruba planning advice
- 7 Move to grand cayman
- 8 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 9 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 10 Malaria Punta Cana
- 11 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 12 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 13 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 14 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 15 New Destination
- 16 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 17 Bahamas help
- 18 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 19 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 20 Vacation suggestion, please
- 21 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 22 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 23 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 24 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 25 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?