My best friend and I are planning a trip to the carribean in June and have never been to the area. We are in our early-mid twenties. We are looking for a relaxing vacation, definitely not an AI resort or any place with too many tourists. At the same time, we prefer a good crowd of friendly people. The main thing we are looking for is nice cafes and bars on the beach. At night we prefer nice bars on the beach with locals and music to dance to (no raging clubs). Safety is also a concern, obviously we will not walk alone at odd hours of the night, but we should be able to feel safe on the beach and have a safe mode of transportation to get back to wherever we are staying. We are also really into experiencing bits of culture.
We are also adventurous, would like to try out snorkeling, wind surfing, any activity. We prefer renting a condo/apartment for the week we will be there as long as they are safe and clean. Our preference is definitely a nice safe beach that is open late though.
From the research I've done (which is hard because there are so many places and so many forums!), it seems that cabarete in the dominican seems to fit our needs as well as grenada. Trying to look into san juan. However, we both know very little and that's where you all come in! Any opinions on the options I've already listed are greatly appreciated along with suggestions for other destinations
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 2 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 3 Cuba Help
- 4 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 5 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 6 Living in the Caribbean
- 7 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 8 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 9 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 10 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 11 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 12 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 13 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 14 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 15 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 16 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 17 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 18 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 19 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 20 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 21 St. Croix
- 22 St Kitts & Irma
- 23 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 24 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 25 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?