My best friend and I are planning a trip to the carribean in June and have never been to the area. We are in our early-mid twenties. We are looking for a relaxing vacation, definitely not an AI resort or any place with too many tourists. At the same time, we prefer a good crowd of friendly people. The main thing we are looking for is nice cafes and bars on the beach. At night we prefer nice bars on the beach with locals and music to dance to (no raging clubs). Safety is also a concern, obviously we will not walk alone at odd hours of the night, but we should be able to feel safe on the beach and have a safe mode of transportation to get back to wherever we are staying. We are also really into experiencing bits of culture.
We are also adventurous, would like to try out snorkeling, wind surfing, any activity. We prefer renting a condo/apartment for the week we will be there as long as they are safe and clean. Our preference is definitely a nice safe beach that is open late though.
From the research I've done (which is hard because there are so many places and so many forums!), it seems that cabarete in the dominican seems to fit our needs as well as grenada. Trying to look into san juan. However, we both know very little and that's where you all come in! Any opinions on the options I've already listed are greatly appreciated along with suggestions for other destinations
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 2 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 3 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 4 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 5 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 6 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 7 5 days in Havana
- 8 PR or USVI
- 9 Which Caribbean island?
- 10 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 11 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 12 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 13 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 14 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 15 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 16 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 17 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 18 Scrub Island Resort
- 19 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 20 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 21 Wedding Destinations???
- 22 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 23 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 24 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11
- 25 Hospital and doctors in St. Barth