My best friend and I are planning a trip to the carribean in June and have never been to the area. We are in our early-mid twenties. We are looking for a relaxing vacation, definitely not an AI resort or any place with too many tourists. At the same time, we prefer a good crowd of friendly people. The main thing we are looking for is nice cafes and bars on the beach. At night we prefer nice bars on the beach with locals and music to dance to (no raging clubs). Safety is also a concern, obviously we will not walk alone at odd hours of the night, but we should be able to feel safe on the beach and have a safe mode of transportation to get back to wherever we are staying. We are also really into experiencing bits of culture.
We are also adventurous, would like to try out snorkeling, wind surfing, any activity. We prefer renting a condo/apartment for the week we will be there as long as they are safe and clean. Our preference is definitely a nice safe beach that is open late though.
From the research I've done (which is hard because there are so many places and so many forums!), it seems that cabarete in the dominican seems to fit our needs as well as grenada. Trying to look into san juan. However, we both know very little and that's where you all come in! Any opinions on the options I've already listed are greatly appreciated along with suggestions for other destinations
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 2 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 Turks and caicos
- 5 St.Lucia newbie
- 6 Aruba weather
- 7 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 8 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Turks and caicos
- 11 Cruise stop activities
- 12 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 13 Jade Mountain
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 16 Bermuda
- 17 Restaurant Suggestions
- 18 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 19 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 20 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 21 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 22 Taxi info. Self touring
- 23 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 24 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 25 Half Moon Montego Bay questions