My mother has traveled quite a bit, but never really been to the Caribbean and I'd like to show her what she has been missing. She's turning 82, but is active and healthy. In fact, as we've brainstormed about this she's mentioned she wants to be able to see a few sights and not just hang out on the beach. She's not used to chilling out so much! So an island with some things to see, maybe some natural sights, easy access snorkeling and beaches and good restaurants would be ideal. We thought about Bermuda, but during the winter time the weather may not be hot enough. I'd prefer not to be at a honeymoon resort or a place with kids. I welcome your suggestions and tips!
Best Island(s) for mother-daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Vacation Ideas
- 2 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 3 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 4 Back from San Juan
- 5 Cupecoy Beach
- 6 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Carry on size Bahamas
- 9 St John March, where to stay
- 10 The right adults-only resort
- 11 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 12 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 13 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 14 Tips for bahamas
- 15 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 16 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 18 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 19 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 21 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 22 walkable hotels
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?