My mother has traveled quite a bit, but never really been to the Caribbean and I'd like to show her what she has been missing. She's turning 82, but is active and healthy. In fact, as we've brainstormed about this she's mentioned she wants to be able to see a few sights and not just hang out on the beach. She's not used to chilling out so much! So an island with some things to see, maybe some natural sights, easy access snorkeling and beaches and good restaurants would be ideal. We thought about Bermuda, but during the winter time the weather may not be hot enough. I'd prefer not to be at a honeymoon resort or a place with kids. I welcome your suggestions and tips!
Best Island(s) for mother-daughter trip
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 2 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 3 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 4 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 5 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 6 Islands with great nightlife
- 7 month stay on a caribbean island
- 8 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 9 Where to stay on Vieques
- 10 Ferry to Rum Point
- 11 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 12 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 13 Family with infants/toddlers
- 14 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 15 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 16 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 17 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 18 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 19 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 20 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 21 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 22 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 23 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 24 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 25 Restaraunts in Barbados