My mother has traveled quite a bit, but never really been to the Caribbean and I'd like to show her what she has been missing. She's turning 82, but is active and healthy. In fact, as we've brainstormed about this she's mentioned she wants to be able to see a few sights and not just hang out on the beach. She's not used to chilling out so much! So an island with some things to see, maybe some natural sights, easy access snorkeling and beaches and good restaurants would be ideal. We thought about Bermuda, but during the winter time the weather may not be hot enough. I'd prefer not to be at a honeymoon resort or a place with kids. I welcome your suggestions and tips!
Best Island(s) for mother-daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Barbado Car rental
- 2 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 3 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 4 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 5 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 6 Florida or caribbean
- 7 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 8 Money in Jamaica
- 9 Death in Paradise
- 10 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 11 50+ where to dance?
- 12 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 13 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 14 dominican republic
- 15 Summer family vacation
- 16 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 17 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 18 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 19 St Martin
- 20 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 21 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 22 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 23 Resort villa suggestions
- 24 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 25 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico