My mother has traveled quite a bit, but never really been to the Caribbean and I'd like to show her what she has been missing. She's turning 82, but is active and healthy. In fact, as we've brainstormed about this she's mentioned she wants to be able to see a few sights and not just hang out on the beach. She's not used to chilling out so much! So an island with some things to see, maybe some natural sights, easy access snorkeling and beaches and good restaurants would be ideal. We thought about Bermuda, but during the winter time the weather may not be hot enough. I'd prefer not to be at a honeymoon resort or a place with kids. I welcome your suggestions and tips!
Best Island(s) for mother-daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 2 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 3 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 4 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 5 San Juan Airport
- 6 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 7 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 8 Back from San Juan
- 9 Why Barbados?
- 10 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 11 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 12 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 13 Storm ?
- 14 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 15 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 16 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 17 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 18 Kristen- where are you?????
- 19 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 20 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 21 The Color of the Water
- 22 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 23 Anguilla stay?
- 24 Punta Cana excursions
- 25 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable