My mother has traveled quite a bit, but never really been to the Caribbean and I'd like to show her what she has been missing. She's turning 82, but is active and healthy. In fact, as we've brainstormed about this she's mentioned she wants to be able to see a few sights and not just hang out on the beach. She's not used to chilling out so much! So an island with some things to see, maybe some natural sights, easy access snorkeling and beaches and good restaurants would be ideal. We thought about Bermuda, but during the winter time the weather may not be hot enough. I'd prefer not to be at a honeymoon resort or a place with kids. I welcome your suggestions and tips!
Best Island(s) for mother-daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 walkable hotels
- 2 Island Hopping Honeymoon!!
- 3 St. John USVI
- 4 Turks Caicos grace bay vs Long Bay or chalk sound?
- 5 The right adults-only resort
- 6 Jamaica to Other Island
- 7 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 8 Viceroy Sugar Beach or Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- 9 Vespa Rental - Turks
- 10 Help on picking a adult only all inclusive resort
- 11 swim up rooms
- 12 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 13 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 14 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 15 Anyone else been to Secret Harbor in St. Thomas?
- 16 Which Island?
- 17 Carribean vacation with infant
- 18 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 19 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 20 Cayman Islands in October
- 21 things to do in Nassau
- 22 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 23 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 24 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 25 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados