My husband & I would like to rent a villa in the carribean. We have a 3.5 year old and 4 month old. We are interested in a low-key "active vacation" where we can do more than spend our days at the beach. For example, ideally we can head inland for some hikes/exploration. We would like a villa location that is within walking distance to town. We'd like our meals attended to (i.e. toss pre-made meal in boiling water to cook, or stocked fridge or chef, or????) if walking to town isn't an easy 5 min walk. Easy flight access from the US is important. Definitely interested in not being in an AI resort type bubble. Require beaches we visit to be toddler safe- i.e. long distance of shallow water, no tide/current/etc. Budget is not so much an issue.... would prefer an "eco-friendly" style experience in tents but likely a modest villa is more readily available. Luxury level isn't out but really not our cup of tea - unless they have some sort of magnificent (no electronics used) toddler care program. I'd LOVE to be able to hear the surf/ocean at night but realize that doesn't fit the "toddler safe" objective.
Anyways, these are a few of my favorite thoughts I would greatly appreciate any ideas folks might have on either a) carribean island or b) specific area within a particular island for us to visit. I just don't know the islands well enough. My husband and I have traveled extensively around the world as independent travelers from hostels to best small boutique hotels/resorts of the world. Now we're on a new journey as a family - and that changes EVERYTHING We hope to maintain some of our independence while being sensitive to our needs as a family.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://testosteroneboostclassi.com/vitalmax-xt/
- 2 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 3 Those fixings incorporate L-Citrulline, Muira Puama
- 4 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 5 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/testx-core/
- 6 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 7 BEWARE OF PAUL THERAULT
- 8 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 9 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 10 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 11 mid December 2016 trip for 2
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 14 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 15 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 16 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 17 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 18 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 19 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 21 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 22 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 23 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 24 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 25 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens