My husband & I would like to rent a villa in the carribean. We have a 3.5 year old and 4 month old. We are interested in a low-key "active vacation" where we can do more than spend our days at the beach. For example, ideally we can head inland for some hikes/exploration. We would like a villa location that is within walking distance to town. We'd like our meals attended to (i.e. toss pre-made meal in boiling water to cook, or stocked fridge or chef, or????) if walking to town isn't an easy 5 min walk. Easy flight access from the US is important. Definitely interested in not being in an AI resort type bubble. Require beaches we visit to be toddler safe- i.e. long distance of shallow water, no tide/current/etc. Budget is not so much an issue.... would prefer an "eco-friendly" style experience in tents but likely a modest villa is more readily available. Luxury level isn't out but really not our cup of tea - unless they have some sort of magnificent (no electronics used) toddler care program. I'd LOVE to be able to hear the surf/ocean at night but realize that doesn't fit the "toddler safe" objective.
Anyways, these are a few of my favorite thoughts I would greatly appreciate any ideas folks might have on either a) carribean island or b) specific area within a particular island for us to visit. I just don't know the islands well enough. My husband and I have traveled extensively around the world as independent travelers from hostels to best small boutique hotels/resorts of the world. Now we're on a new journey as a family - and that changes EVERYTHING We hope to maintain some of our independence while being sensitive to our needs as a family.
Thanks in advance!
Best Island for Villa Rental and Small Kids
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 2 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 3 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 4 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 5 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 6 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 7 Cuba in 10 days
- 8 Salt Kettle House to close
- 9 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 10 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 11 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 12 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 13 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 14 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 15 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 16 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 17 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 18 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 19 Why Barbados?
- 20 Cayman Islands in October
- 21 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 Sailing in Tobago and Trinidad
- 25 all-inclusive or villa?