My husband & I would like to rent a villa in the carribean. We have a 3.5 year old and 4 month old. We are interested in a low-key "active vacation" where we can do more than spend our days at the beach. For example, ideally we can head inland for some hikes/exploration. We would like a villa location that is within walking distance to town. We'd like our meals attended to (i.e. toss pre-made meal in boiling water to cook, or stocked fridge or chef, or????) if walking to town isn't an easy 5 min walk. Easy flight access from the US is important. Definitely interested in not being in an AI resort type bubble. Require beaches we visit to be toddler safe- i.e. long distance of shallow water, no tide/current/etc. Budget is not so much an issue.... would prefer an "eco-friendly" style experience in tents but likely a modest villa is more readily available. Luxury level isn't out but really not our cup of tea - unless they have some sort of magnificent (no electronics used) toddler care program. I'd LOVE to be able to hear the surf/ocean at night but realize that doesn't fit the "toddler safe" objective.
Anyways, these are a few of my favorite thoughts I would greatly appreciate any ideas folks might have on either a) carribean island or b) specific area within a particular island for us to visit. I just don't know the islands well enough. My husband and I have traveled extensively around the world as independent travelers from hostels to best small boutique hotels/resorts of the world. Now we're on a new journey as a family - and that changes EVERYTHING We hope to maintain some of our independence while being sensitive to our needs as a family.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Large Family Trip to Caribbean
- 2 Atlantis in Bahamas
- 3 Babymoon Beach Vacation
- 4 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 5 The Pigs of No Name Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
- 6 turks caicos
- 7 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 8 Curacao
- 9 Puerto Rico since the "meltdown"
- 10 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 11 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 12 Need more folks for Atlantis boat charter
- 13 Groupon Tours
- 14 Can you bring your own food to Aruba?
- 15 Grandmother/Granddaughter Beach Vacation
- 16 Location
- 17 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 18 Restaurants Turks and Caicos
- 19 Private tours in Cuba
- 20 Planning trip to st Lucia
- 21 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 22 Bahamas girls trip
- 23 8-10 days vacation in Caribbean, we would love to hear thoughts!
- 24 Cuba Tour Companies
- 25 Reduit Beach is being ruined