My husband & I would like to rent a villa in the carribean. We have a 3.5 year old and 4 month old. We are interested in a low-key "active vacation" where we can do more than spend our days at the beach. For example, ideally we can head inland for some hikes/exploration. We would like a villa location that is within walking distance to town. We'd like our meals attended to (i.e. toss pre-made meal in boiling water to cook, or stocked fridge or chef, or????) if walking to town isn't an easy 5 min walk. Easy flight access from the US is important. Definitely interested in not being in an AI resort type bubble. Require beaches we visit to be toddler safe- i.e. long distance of shallow water, no tide/current/etc. Budget is not so much an issue.... would prefer an "eco-friendly" style experience in tents but likely a modest villa is more readily available. Luxury level isn't out but really not our cup of tea - unless they have some sort of magnificent (no electronics used) toddler care program. I'd LOVE to be able to hear the surf/ocean at night but realize that doesn't fit the "toddler safe" objective.
Anyways, these are a few of my favorite thoughts I would greatly appreciate any ideas folks might have on either a) carribean island or b) specific area within a particular island for us to visit. I just don't know the islands well enough. My husband and I have traveled extensively around the world as independent travelers from hostels to best small boutique hotels/resorts of the world. Now we're on a new journey as a family - and that changes EVERYTHING We hope to maintain some of our independence while being sensitive to our needs as a family.
Thanks in advance!
Best Island for Villa Rental and Small Kids
- 1 Peter Island, The Beach House, Jumby Bay, Biras Creek or Kamalame Cay?
- 2 Support boat for kayak expedition - Anegada Passage
- 3 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 4 What are the best holiday destinations in the Caribbean?
- 5 Sailing in the Bahamas (HD Timelapse Video)
- 6 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 7 St. Thomas - Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Mariott Beach Resort
- 8 IGA Store in walking distance from the Alexandria Resort
- 9 Which island to visit???
- 10 Looking for cheap place to stay during augustus-oktober 2013
- 11 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 12 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 13 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 14 Best place for a massage in Anguilla?
- 15 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 16 Bermuda Trip
- 17 quiet and relaxing
- 18 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 19 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 20 St.Thomas St. John
- 21 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 22 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 23 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 24 June vacation trip for guys
- 25 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP