I am looking for a good beach to take my son during the Christmas break. This would be our first trip to the Caribbean. First and foremost criterion for me is good, swimming beach - clear and warm turquoise water and soft sand- Last year, we went to Zihuatanejo and really enjoyed the warm water there (would have been nice to be a tad warmer too!). We are based in San Francisco so I also like to go to the most accessible one from here (fewest stops). My son has special needs so making travel easier would be nice. I generally prefer smaller, less touristy beaches. It would be good , though, if we had some water sports activity available there.
I have looked at a number of sites that list the "beast beaches in Caribbean" and they all have different ones listed and it was confusing. Hence, I thought I would be great to get suggestions from people who have actually been to some of these beaches (Turks and Caicos, Bermuda, U.S VI, Anguilla, Barbados, etc. etc.)
Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DELL@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:888:279:0246 Tec*h HelP 24*7
- 2 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 3 Best weather/where to travel early November?!
- 4 No Mold - Family Friendly Place to Stay?
- 5 Girls' trip, after Anguilla
- 6 Grace Bay-where to stay
- 7 what island to go to Feb 2018)
- 8 Hiking in St. John
- 9 Reefs vs Fairmont Southampton?
- 10 Where to go - March/April 2018?
- 11 Honeymoon in October/November! Help!
- 12 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 13 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 14 Upcoming Cuba trip- 12 days
- 15 Changes to travel US-Cuba
- 16 Where in DR?
- 17 Honeymoon
- 18 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 19 Curacao times 2
- 20 Help us choose a caribbean location!
- 21 Barbados
- 22 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 23 Young Couple Looking for a beach/villa/nightlife
- 24 Help with August trip ideas
- 25 Airport transfer PUJ