I am looking for a good beach to take my son during the Christmas break. This would be our first trip to the Caribbean. First and foremost criterion for me is good, swimming beach - clear and warm turquoise water and soft sand- Last year, we went to Zihuatanejo and really enjoyed the warm water there (would have been nice to be a tad warmer too!). We are based in San Francisco so I also like to go to the most accessible one from here (fewest stops). My son has special needs so making travel easier would be nice. I generally prefer smaller, less touristy beaches. It would be good , though, if we had some water sports activity available there.
I have looked at a number of sites that list the "beast beaches in Caribbean" and they all have different ones listed and it was confusing. Hence, I thought I would be great to get suggestions from people who have actually been to some of these beaches (Turks and Caicos, Bermuda, U.S VI, Anguilla, Barbados, etc. etc.)
Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 PR or USVI
- 2 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 3 Caribbeanvilla.com - DO NOT book through this site
- 4 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 5 Which Caribbean island?
- 6 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 7 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 8 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 9 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 10 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 11 5 days in Havana
- 12 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 13 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 16 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 17 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 18 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 19 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 20 Scrub Island Resort
- 21 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 22 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 23 Wedding Destinations???
- 24 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 25 Down to two in January have we got it right